Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High energy recipes?

Options
  • 04-08-2011 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I am looking for some recipes for bars and lunches that you can make for when you are really active (a lot of tiring dancing) to keep your energy levels up. I mean like oats for the bars and healthy stuff for lunch. I was thinking of a wrap with chicken and peppers (cold).
    Any other suggestions? I had thought of flapjacks but they have a lot of sugar in them and I want them to be as healthy as possible.
    Any other snack ideas would be great too.
    Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭curiousb

I can vouch for this recipe.

I've made it a number of times and it is delicious and great for a snack/energy.

btw, I go easier on the coconut oil than the recipe says.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

curiousb wrote: »
    I can vouch for this recipe.

I've made it a number of times and it is delicious and great for a snack/energy.

btw, I go easier on the coconut oil than the recipe says.
    ahh no plenty of coconut oil!!

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭curiousb

but that amount of coconut oil made it too...... oily :) (for me anyway).

Next time I'll try it according to your recipe and see if I made a mistake on the quantities. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, for now!

Anyway, it's delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

curiousb wrote: »
    but that amount of coconut oil made it too...... oily :) (for me anyway).

Next time I'll try it according to your recipe and see if I made a mistake on the quantities. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, for now!

Anyway, it's delicious.

pretty sure coconut oil is good for you, its one of the good oils like olive oil. the ones to avoid are vegatable and sunflower oils i think:confused:

anyhow i would imagine its creamed coconut he is on about when he is saying to melt it first, but again i could be wrong as i havn't used coconut oil before.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Coconut oil is solid at room temp, which is why Transform says you should melt it. Coconut cream is different. Olive oil isn't really one of the good oils, better than most but fish oil, coconut, avocado would be better imo

• Advertisement
Advertisement