Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I get from Kent Station To Blarney

Options
  • 04-08-2011 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Greetings Earthlings,

I need to get from Kent Train Station to Blarney Hotel (Golf) on Saturday at 6pm.

Can I get there (even partially) by public transport??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Here is a route from the train station (A) to the bus station (B). It's about a 10 minute walk.

Judging by this timetable, there is a bus at 4:55pm and you will arrive in Blarney at 5:25.

An adult single is €3.40
    An adult return is €6.20.

Haven't a clue how to get to the golf course though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jgalvin

Blarney Golf Resort isn't even in Blarney... it's actually beyond Tower on the road to Millstreet. You can get a bus to Blarney / Tower easily, but it's a few km walk up a nasty hill in the rain from where any bus would leave you. Unless you're traveling light and feel like a hike then you'll need to get a taxi or a lift at some point. Taxi from the train station should cost about €20 I'd guess (it's been awhile since I've taken a taxi in Ireland so I'm not sure of the prices anymore). If you want to save money you could get a bus to Blarney or Tower and taxi from there, but a lot more hassle. Does the hotel do pick-up? They should at the very least offer to pick you up from Tower given their inconvenient location.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

Thanks for responses.

How did jgalvin know it was raining??

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

Get the bus to Tower and go in to either pub and they will sort you with a taxi to the hotel which as posted is straight up a long hill. You could try them for collection off the bus but i dont know if they will do it. By the way its lashing rain now

Advertisement