Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

running ladies briefs / boy style shorts ?

Options
  • 04-08-2011 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I'm looking to get a pair of ladies running briefs / boy style shorts / tight shorts for running. I've tried the usual places around town - runways / elverys / sports shops on grafton street but the only close ones are the compression shorts but these are a bit too long. Any ideas where i might find a pair in Dublin ? They'll be covered so not too bothered what they look like. i'm not that brave !! yet !! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

This kind of thing ?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/craft-ladies-elite-run-hot-pants/

They promise "unparallelled aerodynamics" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 miss v

that's just the ticket. duhh... why didn't i think to check wiggle. i'm sold on the claims !! :D thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

You'll be wanting the powerglide with them!

thanks dotcom. for thighs ? or elsewhere ? (gulp!!) they are rather short i guess so my thighs will take a battering. going to try a skirt over them so at least that saves everyone else the sight of my burning thighs !!

miss v wrote: »
    thanks dotcom. for thighs ? or elsewhere ? (gulp!!) they are rather short i guess so my thighs will take a battering. going to try a skirt over them so at least that saves everyone else the sight of my burning thighs !!

Yes for the inner thighs. I wouldn't bother with the skirt, why get such tiny shorts if you're not going to flaunt it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Most running skirts have a built-in boyshort or compression short under them, btw.

I haven't seen any running skirts available over here r.k, have you? Apart from the Nike skapri.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I haven't seen any running skirts available over here r.k, have you? Apart from the Nike skapri.

Lidl had them for €8 last month
    IE_63740wk28_01_b.jpg

There are a few on Wiggle (in the ladies running shorts section).

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

I didn't even know "skorts" existed until I saw this thread but I see there are a few different brands of them on wiggle. I've never noticed someone wearing one at a race. Has anyone worn one - are they comfortable? Just out of curiosity really as I will stick to my manly unflattering baggy shorts for the time being (I can imagine the slagging if I turned up to training in a mini-skirt)!

• Advertisement

I passed someone wearing one at about mile 15 at the Dublin marathon last year - on someone who looked to be regretting a footwear choice of Vibram Fivefingers. They seem to be a lot more popular in the US, if you believe the US Runner's World forums. There's obviously some demand for them though if Wiggle have started stocking them.

Wouldn't be my thing at all though, much prefer my shorts.

the vibrams are popping up everywhere, not sure if they would last with all the broken glass all over dublin when you go for a run though !! ouch. Runways had them in when i was there a few weeks back. it gives my toes the creeps though thinking about rubber between them, i can't imagine it would be comfy !!

will report back on skirt progress once the shorts arrive. did a wee run at the weekend with 3/4 leggings under but was a bit bulky. and warm !!

snubbleste wrote: »
    Lidl had them for €8 last month

ps. i tried these on but they were super super short (and i'm vertically challenged as it is)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

....not sure if they would last with all the broken glass all over dublin when you go for a run though !! ouch.

When I read this last week I thought it a bit odd that I had not come across all this glass that you mention. Since then I've been keeping a very close eye out for broken glass and I've not seen any. I run around Ringsend/Irishtown/Sandymount/Ballsbridge/Donnybrook/Merrion/Blackrock/Booterstown etc and lately a few forays over to DNS and I've never seen glass as a problem.
    Dogsh1t, now there's a problem. Especially in Sandymount for some reason. I think the natives there see themselves as being above using a pooper-scooper. It's disgusting around some parts of Sandymount, really is. I'd say that cleaning that stuff out from between your rubber toes wouldn't be a pleasant job :eek:

Advertisement