Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fettercairn...

Options
  • 04-08-2011 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

Can anyone give me some info about Fettercairn please?Thanks:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

What do you want to know?
    Where is it? What facilities it has? What the locals are like?
    If you could be a bit more specific it would help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 AgnesB

I saw nice home for sale in this area. I would like to know something about this place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

AgnesB wrote: »
    I would like to know something about this place.
    It's in Tallaght, now you know something about this place ;)

Fettercairn the worst place in Tallaght?Worst than Jobstown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Im Only 71Kg

i dont live too far from fettercairn..it's very much a working class area..a lot of teenagers..a fair amount of anti social behaviour..lots of nice people though..it's a fairly old estate now..30 years or so..there are worse places to be honest. but if your moving to tallaght you're better off looking at kingswood,old bawn,belgard etc..they're nicer environments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

If your not originally from the area I'd avoid it. Used to go out with a girl from jobstown and the whole place passed the square is crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Ignorance in threads like this always make me smile. The whole place passed the Square is crazy, give it a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

ted1 wrote: »
    If your not originally from the area I'd avoid it. Used to go out with a girl from jobstown and the whole place passed the square is crazy

passed the Square in which direction ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

I know a lot of extremely nice people who I get on very well with from "past the square" :confused:

There are sections of Tallaght that are no-go but you could say that about most estates in Dublin (and in many cases, Ireland as a whole).

In terms of facilities, then Fettercairn may not be the best. Old Bawn, Bancroft, Kingswood would have better access/shorter walking distance to schools, for example - TCS, Mark's, MacDara's. Also they would be closer to the Square, LUAS, wider range of bus routes than Fettercairn would be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

AgnesB wrote: »
    Fettercairn the worst place in Tallaght?Worst than Jobstown?
    I wouldn't have a clue, I was just telling you the only thing I knew about fettercairn :p

• Advertisement

Thanks a million guys ;)

Fettercairn has its very own Luas stop nowadays, and is far closer to some facilities, especially schools and Citywest, than any of the other estates mentioned? :confused:

Walking distance to the Square in one direction, Citywest Shopping Centre in the other, a choice of primary and secondary schools and Tallaght Hospital is on your doorstep. The M50 and the outer ring road are also easily accessible.

As for teenagers - yeah, there are teens, but its a large area, and its where a lot of teens from the "nicer" areas ... like Belgard, Kingswood, and Old Bawn ... like to come to hang out without being under the eyeball of their "nicer" parents!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend Fettercairn. I have some friends that live in the area so I'm there often enough, it's okay if you're used to it but I'm certain it's a very very small minority who'd actually choose to live there. It's definitely not the worst part of Tallaght, but not the best either!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

If you want to live in a council estate with boarded up houses, horses, stray dogs, roaming youths, no facilities, no mature parks or green spaces, lots of concrete, and lots of long term social welfare recipients, then Fettercairn is the place to be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'm from that area originally and know a great many decent people there, including my parents but no I wouldn't buy or rent there unless I had no other choice.

Advertisement