Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia Airlines

Options
  • 04-08-2011 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Anyone ever fly to Australia with Malaysia Airlines? What are they like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

Hey,

I flew with them on the way over. They are not bad, food isn't the best but that can be said for most airline food!

Flying home with them in Oct and going to fly back to Oz then with Etihad as i hear they are good. Its an extra couple of hundred dollars but worth it as i can fly from Dublin and its one less take off and landing as i don't like flying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭paxo

Hi
    I flew back from Paris with them last year. I thought they were pretty good. Helpful cabin staff, comfortable seats with reasonable leg room. I agree with the previous poster that the food isn't that flash but otherwise I was happy with them
    Paxo

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭d.pop

jmurf100 wrote: »
    Anyone ever fly to Australia with Malaysia Airlines? What are they like?
    Flew with them, last year, they were only ok, nothing flash, i heard they were supposed to be good with kids and we were travelling with a 1 and 2 yr old but to be honest they were no different to any others.
    I've flown with Malaysia, Qantas, Cathay Pacific, Japan Airlines, Emirates and British Airways to Oz over the years. They are all the same.
    Personally, from now on i'm sticking with Qantas as i need the status points to keep up qantas club membership.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

i flew out with them a few weeks ago and was happy with them. loads of male cabin crew, etihad had better looking girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

We flew with them in April to Brisbane via Paris and Kuala Lumpur and back via KL and that hell on earth- Heathrow. I got a narkey bibe on the Paris to KL who ignored me most of the time I asked for something but my partner on the other side of the isle was waited on hand and foot - he's pretty though :D

I couldn't fault the entertainment - it kept a 3 and 6 yr old more than occupied but as we didn't ring them the day before the flight there were no kids meals for them. We had brought food for them so they were fine. Adult food was the usual plane fare - we played guess the meat more than once! Leg room was fine.

We flew with them mainly due to the fact that the flight was €400 cheaper for us than Ethiad and the long legs were night flights. The same flight with Singapore was nearly €800 more.

TL;DR - value for money and good entertainment so yes I'd use them again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

I flew with them to and from Aussie, was great i just drank the whole time it's not like they could kick me out :D:D

Nice budget airline.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Illl be flying with them in a few weeks to Perth.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

We flew with them in April to Brisbane via Paris and Kuala Lumpur and back via KL and that hell on earth- Heathrow. I got a narkey bibe on the Paris to KL who ignored me most of the time I asked for something but my partner on the other side of the isle was waited on hand and foot - he's pretty though :D

I couldn't fault the entertainment - it kept a 3 and 6 yr old more than occupied but as we didn't ring them the day before the flight there were no kids meals for them. We had brought food for them so they were fine. Adult food was the usual plane fare - we played guess the meat more than once! Leg room was fine.

We flew with them mainly due to the fact that the flight was €400 cheaper for us than Ethiad and the long legs were night flights. The same flight with Singapore was nearly €800 more.

TL;DR - value for money and good entertainment so yes I'd use them again.

what kind of entertainment have they got for the kids?
    we will be flying early in the new year, 2 adults and 3 kids 8,11,12 and searches so far are showing malaysia as cheapest by far and then mutiply that by 5 :eek:.
    i presume that all airlines have got the little tv on the back of the headrest in front at this stage with a good selection of films and games for the kids?
    what about using laptops and nintendo ds's?
    is there plugs for chargers?
    what the story with wifi on the plane?

jebus, i remember flying to sydney in '92 it was a case of buying magazines and papers or a few books and if you were lucky you got a good seat with a relatively small chap sitting in front of you so he wouldn't interfere with your viewing of the sub-standard movie they were showing on one of the 8 20" screens that serviced the whole of economy class. only bit of luck was there was smoking sections in the planes back then:D

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭jmurf100

Any thoughts on Cathay Pacific?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

They have channels just for kids with movies, television programs and games, each person gets a little telly and a remote for themselves. Mine were 3 & 5 and were well able to use them. The movies were very new as were the television programs. There were some repeats on the return leg but we were still kept entertained.

I don't remember seeing anyone using laptops on the planes but all the terminals we stopped in had WiFi so there were loads of people around them. I also saw people charging phones and DS's, make sure you bring an adaptor for Asia. I got one in Boots and it had Asia and Australia plugs - €12 iirc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement