Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantity Surveying Bolton St

Options
  • 04-08-2011 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi folks, i have been offered a place in Bolton St to do degree in Quantity Surveying. I am a mature student and have never been to college before. I have my own building company but am doing very little work the last year or 2. Does anyone out there have experience of the course? What's the timetable? How difficult is the course? As i say I am going into studying for the first time so i have a healthy apprehension.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭tiernanobrien

jonocon wrote: »
    Hi folks, i have been offered a place in Bolton St to do degree in Quantity Surveying. I am a mature student and have never been to college before. I have my own building company but am doing very little work the last year or 2. Does anyone out there have experience of the course? What's the timetable? How difficult is the course? As i say I am going into studying for the first time so i have a healthy apprehension.
    Thanks

Hi,

I completed the course last year. I really liked the course but I'm not persuing a career in it due to the work situation. To be honest if you go to most lectures and get ALL the notes you'll find it easy enough. None of the students who were attentive with the course had to repeat subjects. The timetable is quite nice too. Its about 20 hours a week +/- depending weather you need to go to tutorials. The only annoying thing is you could have a lecture at 9 and not have another till 1 but you get used to it. I doubt you'll need to attend many having experience. As you progress through the course the hours get less but youll be engaged in more projects (a long problem based project in 3rd year and a dissertation in 4th)
    Best of luck with it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

jonocon wrote: »
    Thanks

If you go to the majority of the lectures you'll do fine and find it easy enough. I currently study in Bolton Street and I find that all the lecturers are really approachable if you have any problems or questions. They're quite laid back about giving you extensions for assignments if you need them, which can be handy. I joined my course about 9 weeks late and the lecturers and other people in my course helped me a lot with catching up. A bit off the point but I still hope that I helped! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jonocon

Thanks a million guys, i appreciate it. I'm going to give it my best shot.

Advertisement