Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Device that will incorporate actions of a phone and access internet (skyping)

Options
  • 04-08-2011 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I am leaving the country for a year to go to thailand and australia. I need a device that will:
    1. allow me to receive and make calls, send and receive texts (to ireland and to other phones while im in thailand and australia),
    2. allow me to access the internet (for skype, checking emails and basic searches), this internet needs to be WIFI so when im in a wifi zone im not being charged
    3. have two cameras on it, so can see both ways - for skype
    4. be usable when i come back to ireland again as my main phone.

I have a basic quadband mobile phone and was going to use that while in thailand for texting and emergency calls, and use internet cafe's for skype, emails and searches. Then when i get to australia, get an iphone, but im worried i wont be able to use the iphone when i come back to ireland.

If youve any alternative suggestions do share.

I heard these boards are great for getting solid advice so please help. Im in a rush to get sorted as am leaving the counrty soon. what do you geniuses think? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

As long as ur not going near the americas. Any smart phone with a front facing camera should meet ur needs. If u buy an android phone in australia, u can probably flash an irish/eu firmware when u get back. I dunno about an iphone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mairelavin5

Thanks! What do you mean to flash an irish firmware?

Advertisement