Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Dunnes Stores Parliament St.

Options
  • 04-08-2011 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭

Why oh why is this prime unit vacant? I am amazed it's still vacant. Wouldn't it make a perfect Tesco Express or M&S food shop.
    Pity Dunnes couldn't make a go of it 'cos I always quite like it and it had a lovely deli. Guess the reccession hit and they had to consolidate as Kieran St was so near.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Dunnes like to open it every so often just so they can say there is no need for a Tesco's etc because there's already too many supermarkets already. :)

I remember dunnes opening and closing three different stores in that unit, they've never lasted for whatever reason and thats before any recession hit

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Cabaal wrote: »
    Dunnes like to open it every so often just so they can say there is no need for a Tesco's etc because there's already too many supermarkets already. :)

I remember dunnes opening and closing three different stores in that unit, they've never lasted for whatever reason and thats before any recession hit

It used be Cassidys then Dunnes had a kind of Homewares in it then a Food/Convience store. Seemed to be doing ok I thought anyhow, was always busy, gone maybe 3 or 4 years, can't really remember. Would imagine Dunnes own the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

I've heard that lifestyle sports are moving into that store. Don't know how true it is, but it would be great to see something there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

1984baby wrote: »
    I've heard that lifestyle sports are moving into that store. Don't know how true it is, but it would be great to see something there.

Sounds good their High st store's tiny.

Advertisement