Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change Login Email Address

• 05-08-2011 12:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭

Just wondering can this be done, my dad has the online esb account for getting e-billing etc, so when we set it up we used my email, but since then he now has his own email address, so i signed into his account and changed the email address, so that way he receives all the esb emails and bills etc, but i cant change the Login Email Address, as it does not allow you to do it online, can this be changed at all? We spoke to someone in ESB yesterday, they said they did it, and to wait 24 hours for it to be completed, its been 2 days now and its not worked.

Hoping you can advise on this, as obviously his email address been put as the login address would be the most logical thing to do now.

I understand you wont be able to discuss anything with me as my name is not on the account, but just like to know can it be changed at your end? That way when he rings up again we will know for sure it can be done

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Mark

Hi shocksy,

When an email address is changed inside the online account, all correspondence relating to the account is forwarded to that address, but the login address, or username, remains unchanged.

In order to change the original login email address we would need to de-register the account and re-register under the new email address. You can contact us at 1850 30 50 90 and we can arrange this for you.

I hope this information helps and please do not hesistate to contact me if you have any further queries. :)

Regards,
    Mark

Advertisement