Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first gaming pc build........Thoughts?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭trev179

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

few thaughts
    better off buying from one place, i'd highly recommend hardwareversand.de, it's dirt cheap because it goes by the german vat rate and even tho theres a flat shipping rate of €30 it's still cheaper then anywhere here hence why it's a long forum fave.
    also any particular reason for the soundcard? because in most cases onboard sound is more than enough for most things these there not as s**ty as there were circa 8 years ago.
    also the i7 is complete overkill and useless for gaming as it performs about the same as the i5 2500k, the i7 is only really good for cpu heavey tasks like veideo rendering.
    also the ssd you chose is much slower then the newer crucial m4 (second fastest ssd currently out) and around the same price plus also that hdd is rediculously overprived, 2TB sata 3 drives should never cost more then €90.
    and last note those cpu pads are pretty useless espically for sandybridge as you can't overclock past 5GHz without damaging the motherboard long term

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

heres what i'd recommend off hwvs, i kept most of the components you chose yourself but changed a few of them.

Total build cost: €1,341.84 + €30 shipping
    Intel Core i7-2600K Box, LGA1155 €253.74
    16GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance blau DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 €120.35
    XFX RADEON HD 6950 800M 1GB DDR5 DUAL MINIDP HDMI DUAL DVI €199.86
    Crucial M4 64GB SSD 6,4cm (2,5") €93.44
    WD Caviar Green 2TB Sata 6Gb/s €64.88
    LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray Brenner bulk €72.44
    Cooler Master HAF X, ATX, ohne Netzteil €157.65
    Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850, 850 Watt €153.46
    Corsair Hydro Series H80 (Sockel 775/1156/1366/AM2/AM2+/AM3/FM1) €74.05
    ASRock Z68 Extreme4 (B3), Sockel 1155, ATX €151.97

Only problem is the case is out of stock but you could just easily buy a different one off hwvs or buy a haf x off a different site

edit: forgot the sount card >.<
    http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=29792&agid=768
    Best one they have in stock without going over €100 on one
    That psushes the total to €1,427.13 btw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

also any particular reason for the soundcard? because in most cases onboard sound is more than enough for most things these there not as s**ty as there were circa 8 years ago.

Have you used a sound card recently? I can tell you that going from onboard sound on my X58 board to an Auzentech X-Fi Forte, that there's a huge difference in audio quality. I don't care what people say; onboard still sucks balls.
    that hdd is rediculously overprived, 2TB sata 3 drives should never cost more then €90.

Actually, no it's not. Those XT drives are very fast drives. I can't remember figures off-hand, but that's worth the extra money.
    and last note those cpu pads are pretty useless espically for sandybridge as you can't overclock past 5GHz without damaging the motherboard long term

Those thermal pads are... odd. Never seen them before.

Thanks for the input :) ram is overkill alright but everything else is needed esp the 2600k. Never seen that site before what sort of charges are there for importing them and delivery? Also swapping the mobo have heard quite a few bad things about it the asrock p67 extreme 4 seems to be more reliable - Ram down to 8gb @1866mhz corsair vengence - Gpu would like to keep the 2gb card as will be used a lot for gaming.

cheers IMHead and Serephucus :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

30 euro for delivery

20 euro and they will build it

they take bank transfer only

but very highly recommended site, most of us here use them on a regular basis, esp. for big builds.

Jonny7 wrote: »
    30 euro for delivery

20 euro and they will build it

they take bank transfer only

but very highly recommended site, most of us here use them on a regular basis, esp. for big builds.

Do they give any sort of warranty with assembly? would have been lookin forward to puttin it together myself though :pac:

Advertisement