Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

40 Awesome retro tattoos

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Mario and Luigi are cool! Shame they're on the bottom of the feet though as they won't last pissing time :( I can't wait to get started on my cartoon/videogame leg sleeve featuring Mario, Pac-Man, Sonic, Amaterasu, Ryo and Nozomi from Shenmue, Boo, ash and pikachu sprites from Pkmn yelllow, reptar and a heap of others!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

My girlfriend is trying to convince me to get some videogame related sprite tattoo with her in New York in two weeks.

My first reaction was '**** off!'

Then I thought - 'Wait a minute, that's really awesome!' :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think I will go for a Lamda somewhere on the arms.
    Would love "Don't Panic" somewhere as well, in large, friendly letters, that book means an awful lot to me.

And regarding the tatt link...
    Some of those really, really suck! More than are cool tbh.
    You would really need to find a great tattoo artist who is also a games fan, heck a games art fan.
    A Samus montage would be cool, perhaps her and Meta-Ridley mid battle, with a Metroid thrown in for good measure, but you would have to have an artist who understands the original art and can reproduce it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

The Mortal Kombat one could easily leave you with a lifetime of regret... I did like the space invaders tatt though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Or the pitiful, shameful pacman tattoo on that guys ass....
    Dearth deary me...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

One of the fellas in GS St. Stephen's Green has some great Retro Ninty tats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

I would love to get a tattoo of this for some reason :D

393548424v8_225x225_Front_padToSquare-true.jpg

Wonder how much it would cost

Seen this on a google search a while ago, thought I'd post it as I thought it looked great (though far too over-the-top, in my opinion, considering it's scale and location).

tumblr_l5bq0v7B0P1qcoep4o1_500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

o1s1n wrote: »
    My girlfriend is trying to convince me to get some videogame related sprite tattoo with her in New York in two weeks.

My first reaction was '**** off!'

Then I thought - 'Wait a minute, that's really awesome!' :pac:

funny you should mention, I got this done while in NY back in Feb

photo21js.jpg

I'm invincible for life now... :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement