Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Ronan ??

Options
  • 05-08-2011 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hey fellow gamblers..I backed the horse in the 16.10 @ pontefract on wed and he collapsed..Anybody know anything of his welfare?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

He was fatally injured unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭ForzaKid

x PyRo wrote: »
    He was fatally injured unfortunately.
    Did he die,and How?

I think myself dehydration or burst blood-vessel?

He died, suspected heart-attack. Poor fellow. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭ForzaKid

x PyRo wrote: »
    He died, suspected heart-attack. Poor fellow. :(
    Ahh **** sake,.Good horse and all,Ahh well always did his best.

I see Canny Cliffs is reitiring for stud?A sad day:(

Atleast we can back his offspring and make a few pound eh! haha

It's awful to see any horse go in those circumstances. One of those things I suppose. :(

I'm gutted that the last time I've seen Canford on track was when he got walloped by Frankel. That wasn't him performing to his best, I'm 100% sure of that.

He's so much better than how he ran at Goodwood and I reckon it could of been different if they faced off at Ascot in October, as touted. The stiffer track would suit, just don't think any horse can match Frankel's instant burst of acceleration at an out-and-out speed track like Goodwood. It would of been interesting just to know how it would of panned out anyways. Although trying to give a lump of weight to such a brilliant, well-developed 3 year old is nearly impossible. Pity I didn't think of that before I lumped on Canford! The ol' head should always rule the heart, didn't that time.

God knows how he'll do at stud. His breeding doesn't exactly scream brilliance but that's what he was. Maybe he'll be a top-notch sire, who knows! Hopefully he will.

• Advertisement
Advertisement