Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you like to do late at night, apart from browse teh boardz?

• 05-08-2011 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

In the winter I like to crack ice outside in puddles if i cant sleep.
    Or if its snowing it doesnt matter what time it is just have to go outside.

How about you? Keep it clean haha and sorry if this is already posted?

Comments

Go driving, watching tv and eating...not necessarily in that order.

Reading would have featured on the list but since the advent of Sky+ it just doesnt get a look in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Reading, writing, making little songs, cleaning, walks, painting...

... I'm pretty much nocturnal at heart, night is my productive time.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Bumblegoose

Fewcifur wrote: »

I hear you same here!

Shame i find it impossible to sleep..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

I like to watch the skies, view the stars,feel the sweet darkness,sniff the night air, fall into the moon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Drink.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

good answer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Anyone else here more productive at night. I hate the thought of having to go to sleep when I get into the swing of things. I love my music, browsing the net and the odd music or programming project I usually get upto in the late hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

I love watching a good film really early in the morning or catching up on my Ghost Hunter Episodes.

But there is nothing like looking out the window and seeing the dawn slowly making its way. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I read until i fall asleep!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

explore the wastelands............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Drink, read, facebook, listen to music, chat to friends....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Read, browse the web while listening to music, watch telly recorded earlier or a movie, play games, do business stuff, get drunk with mates...

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

Watch friends re runs over and over, plot revenge on the baxtard who broke my heart, listen to some empowering music.. get sick of said music and listen to some Radiohead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I lie on the floor chest on 2 cushions laptop in front of me papers strewn about telly on and i give attention to all 3 swopping one for another and sometimes writing as well.I sometimes nod off for an hour,look at the clock when i wake with a yawn and feel good when i discover that its only around 2 30 or 3 as i drag myself to bed knowing that i will certainly be asleep in minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

4Chan ......->...... /b/

awww yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Drink, study, watch US TV, IRC and study....

Some times all of that stuff at the same time.

Fago! wrote: »
    4Chan ......->...... /b/

awww yeah

Oh, the OP wanted honestly?...I really couldn't say...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

-eat
    -watch cheesy horrors
    -have the sexcy time
    -go shufflin'
    -sleep (accompanied by drooling, snoring and the occasional fart- this may impact on the amount of sexcy time being had)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

-sleep (accompanied by drooling, snoring and the occasional fart- this may impact on the amount of sexcy time being had)

Yes it may ;):cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Currently: study, listen to music, continue work on halloween costume.

Normally: read, watch films, listen to music, troll /b/ and post on boards on different tabs, oh and play some TF2, League of Legends or Oblivion lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭BlueNemo

I get most of my art stuff done at night, which kinda messes around with sleeping for college the next day!

Most nights I read or write, I'll watch some films/tv programmes I missed during the day. Other times I might draw/paint for hours.

Lately, I've been staying up all night playing Sims, hardly productive! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Shotgun_TEXAS

go lamping TBH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I play video games and watch youtube videos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Currently: study, listen to music, continue work on halloween costume.

Normally: read, watch films, listen to music, troll /b/ and post on boards on different tabs, oh and play some TF2, League of Legends or Oblivion lol.

ooh do tell more about this halloween costume?

i read, watch some telly, dvds, telly online, roam boards, sometimes go on the playstation

i don't sleep much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

- Read
    - Watch comedy central
    - Write lists
    - Research my interests (family history, countries)
    - Browse other forums
    - Chat to people
    - Bit of FB

Rinse and repeat! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

I enjoy lighting candles and listening to Frank Sinatra, while savoring some quiet time alone :)

It's heaven.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Read and watch films mostly. Lately I've also taken to making smoothies in the middle of the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I'm trying really hard to stabilise my sleeping pattern, mainly so I won't fall asleep in work! So I listen to podcasts, usually comedy podcasts. They're somehow very comforting and help lull me off to sleep :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

After spending most of the day in some kinda comatose state, I become way more energetic/productive at night.

I clean my room and organise everything in it

Listen to/ play music

Chat in IRC

Watch films all night

Anything but go to sleep!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

jokettle wrote: »
    I'm trying really hard to stabilise my sleeping pattern, mainly so I won't fall asleep in work! So I listen to podcasts, usually comedy podcasts. They're somehow very comforting and help lull me off to sleep :)

Calming down carbs is great for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Calming down carbs is great for that.

But carbs are lovely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Record music, and play guitar.

I've always found (or at least feel) like I'm more productive/creative at nighttime than I am during the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Watch teh animez and IRC it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

Same thing we do every night ....

try and take over the world!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

I used to ride my motorbike at night. I'd go for hours. Those were some of the deepest times of my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Video games and films mostly. I found my copy of System Shock 2 and played it for old times sake.

Playing it alone at night with the lights turned off with headphones? Scared the living daylights out of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

newmug wrote: »
    I used to ride my motorbike at night. I'd go for hours. Those were some of the deepest times of my life.

Maybe, unknown to yourself, you also like to bump old threads on boards.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

roast wrote: »
    Record music, and play guitar.

I've always found (or at least feel) like I'm more productive/creative at nighttime than I am during the day.

Same here, I always do more at night in my own free time. That and go driving during the more unsocial hours of the night. Seems very therapeutic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭da_shivsta

currently trying not to stress about end of semester deadlines!playing sims a lot these nights to :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Sometimes I go fishing, sometimes just walk around in the countryside. You don't get stars like that in the city. If I'm camping sometimes I just count them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Loudova

I usually tend to stare mindlessly at informercials and curse my inability to sleep. I never knew I wanted a pen that could write upside down / a steam cleaner yoke / a set of velvet hangers, but after watching all of these things on loop for several hours I do now.

Loudova wrote: »
    I usually tend to stare mindlessly at informercials and curse my inability to sleep. I never knew I wanted a pen that could write upside down / a steam cleaner yoke / a set of velvet hangers, but after watching all of these things on loop for several hours I do now.

New from JML...

057399.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I play skyrim :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I Hula hoop - yes, really!
    No idea how or why I started, but hey...

I Hula hoop - yes, really!
    No idea how or why I started, but hey...

100700_L.jpg

or

2009-04-17hulahoops.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

The first one :D

Both together sounds good to me though!

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Cargin

Chain-smoke and chain-eat and watch old dvd boxsets, because I like to pick from the common barrel sometimes, ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭zyanya

Sing at Red Karaoke with a bottle o'scotch when I don't have to work the next day and me friends do.

Advertisement