Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you found a mobile phone where would you bring it?

Options
  • 05-08-2011 7:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

If you found a phone which was tossed into your garden would you leave it into the Gardai, leave it into the service provider which corresponds with the sim or do a bit off detective work and chase up numbers in the sim and see who owns the phone if it was unlocked.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

try to phone last dialled or home and let them know you have the phone and can be contacted.

failing that drop it into Gardai or phone provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

This post has been deleted.
    I tried the usual ie dad, mum, etc and couldn't find them, however there is a number that frequently crops up in missed calls etc. I could give that a try. The leather cover looks well chewed up and it smells as if a fox or dog had it. Phone escaped damage and powered up straight away once I had it on charge however it was locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Enivirofone :D

(Just kidding, I'd drop it into the network provider's shop)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

RTDH I would have expected better from you. Clearly the NSA para-dropped the phone into your garden to spy on you. It's now recording your location and movements in real-time, thus negating the effectiveness of your metallic headgear ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, last dialled, Dad, Mum, home etc.

I found a mobile at a gig once, sent a message to the last person texted and then got a couple of phone calls but they had crap coverage and couldn't get their **** together - they had no idea where they were and weren't interested in coming into the city to get it from me cos they had a bus to catch.
    Eventually they texted me an address up north to send it to. So I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

srsly78 wrote: »
    RTDH I would have expected better from you. Clearly the NSA para-dropped the phone into your garden to spy on you. It's now recording your location and movements in real-time, thus negating the effectiveness of your metallic headgear ;)
    Being an IPhone 3GS dropped in by a fox I would probably suspect that. :p

I was told that if it had been reported stolen / IMEI blocked and a new phone was handed out through insurance it then becomes the property of the service provider / insurance company and they are not obliged to hand it back or reactivate the IMEI. So basically it becomes a paperweight.

Contacted a number on the phone that traced it back to a neighbour two doors up. :)

Advertisement