Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Weather Special on RTE Radio 1 Today

• 05-08-2011 8:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭

There's an hour long Weather Special on the John Murray Show, RTE Radio 1 from 9AM today featuring Evelyn Cusack, Klara Finkele, Michael Fish from the BBC and the Irish Weather Network

Should be well worth a listen....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Good craic so far.Important point bout the ocean being key in long range forecasting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

Yea, thought Evelyn's comment about "there will be SOME showers today" as opposed to Klara's Germanic preciseness of "there WILL be showers today" quite funny. Didn't think Evelyn had it in her!!!! I dread Evelyn giving the forecast cause sure as hell, it will RAIN RAIN RAIN..........

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Evelyn - 'There's a risk of a good day next Tuesday'....giggle giggle.

I'd say she'd be a great laugh to go for a pint with.

Good programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Evelyn - 'There's a risk of a good day next Tuesday'....giggle giggle.

I'd say she'd be a great laugh to go for a pint with.

What a brilliant programme :D Highly entertaining and great that they included Karl from the IWN alongside the professionals.

Its nice to see the work of amateur weather observers being recognised :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Hopefully there will be a podcast for it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

AntiRip wrote: »
    Hopefully there will be a podcast for it ?

+1

They're normally available after 1PM

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Fionagus wrote: »
    What a brilliant programme :D Highly entertaining and great that they included Karl from the IWN alongside the professionals.

Its nice to see the work of amateur weather observers being recognised :)

100% agree. Really enjoyed the programme :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭John mac

its there now but needs Real player to listen !!!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

hellboy99 wrote: »

Thanks Hellboy - the podcast in mp3 format has also just gone up http://www.rte.ie/radio1/podcast/podcast_thejohnmurrayshow.xml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Karl is a legend! haha :D

haha ! Oh ye... and Speaking of Michael FIsh
    Heres one of the tornadoes he missed By coming over at the wrong time! haha :D

5925646535_5523d1dc30_z.jpg
    ( IM IN THE WHITE SUV ) :pac:

We should organise a big weather quiz somewhere for all members from Boards.ie , Irish WEather Network & Irish Weather Online! ....Would be Great Craic! ha :D

WHOS IN? :D:):D

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tornando9

Iancar29 wrote: »
    We should organise a big weather quiz somewhere for all members from Boards.ie , Irish WEather Network & Irish Weather Online! ....Would be Great Craic! ha :D

WHOS IN? :D:):D

Apparently there is alot of history there Ian and a wrestling match might be more fitting. :D:D

I agree Karl is a legend and i have had the pleasure of chasing storms with him. His weather knowledge is astounding.

Tornando9 wrote: »
    Apparently there is alot of history there Ian and a wrestling match might be more fitting. :D:D

I agree Karl is a legend and i have had the pleasure of chasing storms with him. His weather knowledge is astounding.

Wahhh?... What ya mean?

Ah cool! , was that recently?, where abouts hav yas gone and for what sort of weather? :)

Tornando9 wrote: »

Wahhh?... What ya mean?

Ah cool! , was that recently?, where abouts hav yas gone and for what sort of weather? :)

Ye He sure does... he fluent in weather terms , me now... id be thinking for awhile this and that ! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tornando9

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Wahhh?... What ya mean?

Ye He sure does... he fluent in weather terms , me now... id be thinking for awhile this and that ! ha

We haven't had a nailed on supersetup for convective weather this year which is extremely dissapointing. We chased together last year and i managed to capture a great funnel over roundwood.
    I have been reading many weather manuals over the years but Karl explains convective setups far better than any manual.
    If the thoughts of discussing DALR, SALR, Conv inhibition, Skew-t, wind shear etc takes your fancy then he's the man to talk to. Sure Mr Hanrahan will vouch for that.

Here's one cell we chased to give you a taster.

77B49DD070CD4EEBAAE0DE2B990F144D-800.jpg

Here's another we watched grow from a little fluffy cloud :D

093B639FA3984E65ABD60FF039497FFD-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

A great show, well worth listening to it in it's entirety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Good stuff, an enjoyable listen to kill an hour

Karl = Snowbie I assume?

Harps wrote: »
    Karl = Snowbie I assume?

One and the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Heard a bit of it on repeat at 2am last night, quite good!

• Advertisement
Advertisement