Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

digzy wrote: »
    Thing the o line had a bit of a mare. Bears oline give Trubisky much better protection. Rodgers wasn’t great but he wasn’t allowed express himself.

Wouldn’t fancy tony brown at cb either.

Strong argument that that Bears D line will be the best they face all year imo. Mack and Hicks are unplayable when they line up on the same side

• Registered Users Posts: 19,467 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

What kind of a game was that,last evening.

Offense exploded in Q1 and then got shut down

Defense won the game again.

Puzzling game of fingertip misses by the Packers and connections by the Vikes.

A win is a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

At least our defence is humming.

Strange strange game. After the first quarter, I thought...the Pack is back. By the end of the game, I was back to pessimism.

Strange strange game. After the first quarter, I thought...the Pack is back. By the end of the game, I was back to pessimism.

No, no need, this was a game of inches.

All the good rolls seemed to go to the Vikes, both by good play and luck.

Big play down the middle to MVS...separated from the ball after he caught it.

Jaiere let’s one slip through his hands twice.

Geronimo fumble after a good catch

Cousins connects with Beebe with his back on the ground.

Thielen catches one between two Packers in the end zone...great catch .

Botched snap gives it back to the Vikes

Have faith....

• Advertisement

3-0

It a good start.

Watched the Broncs game last night and while the offense sputtered, the defense was great.

Rogers was not stellar, but functionable, seemed a bit disgruntled a lot of the time and the Packers seemed unable to sustain a long drive.

If I had criticisms they would be.

Learn how to fuhherking tackle, wrap up the dude and bring him down.

Don’t give up big third downs, gave up two big ones at vital times yesterday.

A stop on either would have made things much more manageable.

How many time has a Packer receiver been dispossessed after catching the ball?

Protect the fuhherking rock.

Stellar performance from JK Scott, the linebackers, Jaiere,

Good from Jamal, Davante, MVS.

Where was

Jimmy G.... flying a helicopter or something.

Why in the name of fuhherke do the Packers not use TEs for down the middle stuff.

Randall Cobb missed for sure.....

Over.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Can't argue with too much of that.

It's great to have a defence again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

If graham is injured, why play him?
    King had a horror show too.

Badly need a slot receiver.

It just doesn't feel like a 3-0 start. Then again, they've had a 13-0 start that ended up in the first postseason game so guess one can never tell...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭cosatron

It just doesn't feel like a 3-0 start. Then again, they've had a 13-0 start that ended up in the first postseason game so guess one can never tell...

cause we are so used to the defence costing us games we don't know how to react with a good defence. I know the offence is out of kilter but I like what lefluer is trying to do as in keep Rodgers upright, throw the ball away when's nothing on and used your check downs and a good splash of run plays. when it all comes together, I think we will have a very good team. I think gutekunst did outstanding work with the 2 smiths and amos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Blut2

The defense is looking great. The offense hasn't fully clicked yet, but they've still got time - especially given the current 3-0 record. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Blut2 wrote: »
    The defense is looking great. The offense hasn't fully clicked yet, but they've still got time - especially given the current 3-0 record. I'm cautiously optimistic.

They need a dude who can catch balls on the ‘concrete’. Up the middle where the big boys operate.Where a lad can get hurt.

Unless they get a dude who can do that, it’s playing on the ‘water’ out beyond the numbers and there will be limited chances.

Needs to be addressed.

Been missing one really since jermichael finlay, we had the raiders te and he was doing it but we let him go for Graham, that isn't working out the best

Been missing one really since jermichael finlay, we had the raiders te and he was doing it but we let him go for Graham, that isn't working out the best

For sure, agree with that observation.

I had high hopes for Jimmy G this season, unfortunately not realised.

Packer just seem to fohherke up every time the try to get a TE,both experienced veterans and draft picks.

You need a big durable unit who can take the hits on the concrete.

It adds a totally new dimension to the offense.

The Jace Sternberger dude needs to buckle up real soon.

Eagles will be dangerous on Thur night, Allshon is fit, fcukers like that have done us down in the past.

Need to get to Wentz, hurry/sack him, can’t let him bounce around and pick us apart.

So.....(as Jaire might say:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

If our defence can keep strong it gives a great chance for our offence to get going. The eagles are conceeding a lot of points in games so hopefully that continues. We've come up against three very good defences in the opening games and the eagles probably the weaker than all three so it will be interesting to see how our offence goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Blut2 wrote: »

You should be - the Broncos are better than their 0-3 record - and the Broncos defence is still trying to gel in Fangio's new scheme. The Pack defence looked good and the offence did what was needed against a defence currently focused on containment rather than attack. The game swung on Rodgers taking advantage of an offsides and hitting the TD.

Packers cleaned out by the Eagles.

Poor display, no run D, no run O,

Too many passengers, bad play calling, slow labored tempo, mistakes, drops.

Not a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

We’ve really been exposed in terms of the run defense.
    How the offense couldn’t score from 1 foot out over 4 downs......loosing Williams early killed us. The run went nowhere for us.

Zeke will be relishing tearing through us next week. Though if we can sort out the defense rushing we might be ok

The packers literally swapped having a run defence for having a pass defence.

digzy wrote: »
    We’ve really been exposed in terms of the run defense.
    How the offense couldn’t score from 1 foot out over 4 downs......loosing Williams early killed us. The run went nowhere for us.

Zeke will be relishing tearing through us next week. Though if we can sort out the defense rushing we might be ok

A lot of questions need to be answered in the next few days.

Why was the run game totally shut down.

Why could Phl run through us like a knife through cheese

What about the injuries to Bulaga,Devante,Jamaal,all important cogs in the offense.

I haven’t seen the 40’ on GP yet but four passes from the one!!
    And nothing from them.

Even on offense passing Phl seemed to have far more open, wide open players than the Packers could manage on their offense.

To be honest, I am not optimistic

• Advertisement

Have felt our run defense has been poor for a while now. Even last season it seemed a lot of teams would convert 3rd downs if they went for a run. The amount of yards Lindsay and Cook put up was a sign of what was to come.

The 4 plays without one run near the end of the game that we failed to convert was shocking. Surely a run would have got us in with 4 cracks at it.

I'd love to know what the odds are on 4 runs, all made from the 1 yard line, all not converting are. Because I can only imagine that statistically that would have been the right sequence of plays to run from that position...

That was pretty painful to watch though. Rodgers playing well is a bright spot, though, as usual I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

A great win but another strange one. Defense played lights out in the first half and Jones had a game of a lifetime. Felt we got lucky on some calls but the refs also made some shocking calls for both teams. That roughing the passer call towards the end of the game was a joke. Barely grazes Daks helmet with a hand, Dak goes on a good run and then they put the foul on the play too. Weird. The cameras are fixated on Rodgers and Le Fleur after each punt or field goal almost waiting for a big bust-up between them. Badly missing someone like Cobb back in the team.

Still, it's 4-1 so you have to be happy with that.

pedatron wrote: »
    A great win but another strange one. Defense played lights out in the first half and Jones had a game of a lifetime. Felt we got lucky on some calls but the refs also made some shocking calls for both teams. That roughing the passer call towards the end of the game was a joke. Barely grazes Daks helmet with a hand, Dak goes on a good run and then they put the foul on the play too. Weird. The cameras are fixated on Rodgers and Le Fleur after each punt or field goal almost waiting for a big bust-up between them. Badly missing someone like Cobb back in the team.

Still, it's 4-1 so you have to be happy with that.

Sad to say I can remember Pack being 17-0 up in a long ago game, Cowboys Qb -Aikman, I think, goes down and his back up ..guess who Jason Garrett comes in and leads the Boys to a 36 - 33 or something win.

Thought that one was coming back to haunt me.!!!:eek:

Terrific display for almost three quarters....but... in the end quite lucky to get the win after all the Dallas kicker missed two very kickable FGs.

But I won’t be picky... great win.. unexpected without 17

After the Eagles game I despaired in Aaron Jones but the guy really ran downhill yesterday, carried the load, and put me back in my box!!

O-line obviously brushed up on their blocking for the runner .

Would have liked not to have leaked so much towards the last qr. and allowed such big plays,but that’s just being a bit picky.

Z Smith must keeps his paws out from under the opponents helmet, lost a few good gains and a recovery I think as a result.

However more than made up in other aspects.

Aaron Jones had a stormer. Hes really coming into his own. Hopefully he doesn't get injured from overuse.

The last quarter was nervy, Dallas were very much in charge. A wins a win though.

I also noticed the repeated/excessive close shots of Rodgers and Le Fleur's interactions, the producer was definitely hoping for a bust up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

A win in Dallas is always great. Career day for Jones (no, not you Jerry!). Defence came up with turnovers.

There's just one question I have: why wasn't Dexter Williams playing? Carson went straight from the practice squad to backing up Jones.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    A win in Dallas is always great. Career day for Jones (no, not you Jerry!). Defence came up with turnovers.

There's just one question I have: why wasn't Dexter Williams playing? Carson went straight from the practice squad to backing up Jones.

The word from Lombardi Ave is they don’t quite trust him yet, not familiar enough with the offense playbook.

That’s what the pundits are saying.

A win in Dallas is always great.

Yep, TBH thought the Packers might be well beaten and the season could start to fall away. Instead I'm now thinking...maybe this group will make the playoffs.

A win in Dallas is always great.

Yep, TBH thought the Packers might be well beaten and the season could start to fall away. Instead I'm now thinking...maybe this group will make the playoffs.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Thought we would be looking at 3-2 by the end of night last night. 4-1 now and you could say in control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Ye have control of the division now, and home advantage in the next Bears game. Long way to go but ye are in the driving seat and seem to be getting better on offense each week. Was really hoping for that Rodgers/LaFleur blowout. Have a feeling if it was going to happen, it won't when they're 4-1...

Advertisement