Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,467 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Ye have control of the division now, and home advantage in the next Bears game. Long way to go but ye are in the driving seat and seem to be getting better on offense each week. Was really hoping for that Rodgers/LaFleur blowout. Have a feeling if it was going to happen, it won't when they're 4-1...

Hmmm.. At times they looked a bit testy with each other yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Hmmm.. At times they looked a bit testy with each other yesterday.

Yeah, but I think that is going to happen in any situation like that. AR has a lot of power in the organisation, so there's always going to be a bit of tension with the HC, the only question is if they can still be productive with it. Winning has a way of keeping the lid on those kinds of problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

The cameras are over hyping it.

Is it just me, or why do I think the Lions might topple the Pack on Monday night.

Stafford seems to love clocking the Pack, has being doing that recently.

Key to the W..... crease Stafford, do not let the dude get his feet set and cut us up.

He is an underrated QB ,durable, not afraid to take the hit.

Packers need to pressure the guy, from moment one, hammer in and disrupt.

Big night upcoming for the Packers D, they will win or lose it for us, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Detroit look impressive this year. Potentially the toughest division in the league. All 4 teams are very strong and could beat any team in the league on their day. Patricia is doing a fine job there.

If we can come away 3-0 against the division rivals after 6 games then you have to be over the moon with that. It's going to be a tough ask though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

What’s the story with the ‘tiffs’ that are shown between Rodgers and le fleur?
    Any time there’s a 3 & out especially towards the end of a game, Rodgers is walking off letting off steam with le fleur trotting behind trying to appease him...... or at least that’s what it looks like to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭cosatron

digzy wrote: »
    Any time there’s a 3 & out especially towards the end of a game, Rodgers is walking off letting off steam with le fleur trotting behind trying to appease him...... or at least that’s what it looks like to me

I think when after the offence comes off the field, pettine takes the role of head coach while leFleur and Rodgers go through the previous series and talk about what adjustments to make etc. A positive example of this is Rodgers was on to leFleur to keep running the ball against dallas.
    To be 4-1 with a new head coach playing a more balanced type of offensive football is great, the defence can be iffy at times, I think we can thank some bone head play calling in the dallas game, how they didn't run the ball more in the first half was beyond me.

digzy wrote: »

The cameras want drama

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Blut2

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/aaron-rodgers-has-been-magic-in-the-first-quarter-and-a-pumpkin-in-the-fourth/

Good article here on Rodgers' up and down performances to date this season. It basically goes into great detail on how hes been playing like the best QB in the league in Q1, but one of the worst in Q4, so far this year. And that the defense has been keeping the Packers alive in games in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Blut2 wrote: »
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/aaron-rodgers-has-been-magic-in-the-first-quarter-and-a-pumpkin-in-the-fourth/

Good article here on Rodgers' up and down performances to date this season. It basically goes into great detail on how hes been playing like the best QB in the league in Q1, but one of the worst in Q4, so far this year. And that the defense has been keeping the Packers alive in games in the second half.

Interesting yes. I do feel that once we go off the script, we begin to struggle on offense. I think it will come. It's all about learning what this offense is good and not so good at.

• Advertisement

Difficult game Monday night.

Need to show the same tempo as against Dallas.

Well, over 6 mins left in tonight's game to test his 4th quarter prowess as Pack trails by 2

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Packers got some very suspect calls by the refs last night. Watched the highlights there now. The facemask one against Flowers was a joke. If anyone was at a facemask it was Bakhtiari. Still though, 5-1!

pedatron wrote: »
    Packers got some very suspect calls by the refs last night. Watched the highlights there now. The facemask one against Flowers was a joke. If anyone was at a facemask it was Bakhtiari. Still though, 5-1!

Very suspect, 2 phantom face mask calls and a missed pass interference. Lions can feel a bit robbed, though the whole conspiracy theories about favouring the Packers can only come from people who forget things like last season when it seemed Clay Matthews was penalised for every second tackle. But bad night for the officials alright.

Very suspect, 2 phantom face mask calls and a missed pass interference. Lions can feel a bit robbed, though the whole conspiracy theories about favouring the Packers can only come from people who forget things like last season when it seemed Clay Matthews was penalised for every second tackle. But bad night for the officials alright.

Game ball goes to the officiating team!!!!!

Some very bad calls favoured the Packers last night, unusually it has to be said.

Good points...... Lazard.... could be a real weapon

Defense.... when the chips were down they delivered.

Jamaal Williams back and doing well

Mason Crosby... slotted the kicks that needed slotting.

The Smiths, did what they were paid to do.

Bad points

The slipping and sliding..... sack the footwear coach:D

Dispossessions after the ‘catch’, seems to be happening a lot

The injury to 81.

Overall this was a lucky win, I’m really enthused about Lazard but really feel sorry for poor Sheppard #10, hope he will come back from those bloopers.

Packers got away with one. Always **** when your on the losing side of those calls

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Definitely got away with it last night. It's still hard to call what way we will shape up overall. The defense looks good but has patches of coughing up big yards. The offense can be electric one minute and completely disfunctional the next.

In saying all that I think the Packers have had one of the harder run of games in the league. Compare it to who the likes of the Patriots have played so far.

Sheppard #10, hope he will come back from those bloopers.

The one that bounced off him in or near the red zone and neatly fell into the Lions players hands felt like a game ender at the time.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Definitely got away with it last night. It's still hard to call what way we will shape up overall. The defense looks good but has patches of coughing up big yards. The offense can be electric one minute and completely disfunctional the next.

In saying all that I think the Packers have had one of the harder run of games in the league. Compare it to who the likes of the Patriots have played so far.

Nothing new for a Packer defense to cough up big yards.

Dropping the ball is an issue,a big issue,and needs to be corrected.

All of the dropped balls really jumped out at me too. It must be incredibly frustrating for Rodgers to make good throws only to have them dropped. I guess its a result of the very callow receiver corps though, hopefully they'll grow out of it as the season continues.

• Advertisement

All of the dropped balls really jumped out at me too. It must be incredibly frustrating for Rodgers to make good throws only to have them dropped. I guess its a result of the very callow receiver corps though, hopefully they'll grow out of it as the season continues.

Would love to have cobb this year tbh

Would love to have a healthy cobb this year tbh

Fyp!

It would be great if Allen Lazard trained on,given the health of our receiving corps.

Why the fook do we have such bad luck with TEs.

Other teams seem to be able to get them.

Jaysus we had Jarrod Cooke who was the last half decent one we had and got rid of him.

Sternberger is injured, Jimmy is too slow, Evan Baylis?

Why can’t we get a durable fookher who can catch and run.....on the concrete.... between the numbers.

Anyone.

I’d love to say the big win over the Raiders was a huge turning point but it wasn’t.

The way Carr cut open the defense with big plays to Weller down the forkhing middle was concerning.
    Nobody laid a glove on him.
    What is it with the Packers defending 3rd and longs..... will be beaten to a wide open TE almost

every time.

This one was closer than the score suggests.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Christ on a bike, ye can be a negative bunch sometimes. With some key injuries on both sides of the field, we're 6-1 and 3-0 in the division! Not sure our season needs a turning point.

Yes we gave up big chunks on defense, but came up big when needed with 3 redzone stops. We don't match up well against tight ends with Savage and Greene out, and Gruden schemed it well.

Tough game at the Chiefs next week, but with Mahomes out and Rodgers in this form I'd fancy us to edge it.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Christ on a bike, ye can be a negative bunch sometimes. With some key injuries on both sides of the field, we're 6-1 and 3-0 in the division! Not sure our season needs a turning point.

Yes we gave up big chunks on defense, but came up big when needed with 3 redzone stops. We don't match up well against tight ends with Savage and Greene out, and Gruden schemed it well.

Tough game at the Chiefs next week, but with Mahomes out and Rodgers in this form I'd fancy us to edge it.

You have a point Scum, but when knockout football comes, if it does, we will need to eliminate those weaknesses .

Rumours of us being in for sanders from the broncos. Thoughts?

Hes not a game changer, but he couldn't hurt. The WR corps is really lacking in both experience and depth. As long as its only a 1 or 2 year contract, and the price in draft picks is reasonable (A 5th rounder?) I'd be all for it.

ScummyMan wrote: »

Yes, will be a difficult game.

Regarding my “criticism” of the D in a previous post , a podcast I subscribe to brought up the very same ‘fears’ ,ie, they had two guys who could beat us in the O and we couldn’t handle either.

Yes we got the stops when needed but you don’t have to be too sharp to notice that three of those stops, whilst great, could have easily gone in which whilst not maybe game winning for the Raiders, would certainly been seriously momentum changing and possibly game altering plays.

Sorry for the negativity but maybe I have been watching Packers games for too long:D

• Advertisement

Can anyone recommend good packer podcasts?

Advertisement