Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,467 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

digzy wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend good packer podcasts?

Yes.

‘Locked on Packers’. This is a daily podcast.

‘Packernet Podcast’. Host (Ryan Schlip)is a bit ‘gobby’ but otherwise ok

Plenty of others but I like those two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Rumours of us being in for sanders from the broncos. Thoughts?

Sanders gone to the 49ers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Blut2

And Sanu to the Patriots. Shame we got neither. It would have been worth trading away some draft capital given Rodgers age.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

https://www.packersproshop.com/2019-packers-yearbook

I'm probably going to pick up one of these. Anyone else interested in getting one and splitting the cost? Two would work out about €20 each including postage but ordering one individually works out at about €27, including postage.

Or does anyone know somewhere in Europe it can bought?

• Advertisement

That 3rd quarter throw by Rodgers was pretty remarkable.

It has to be said, after his performance last weekend, the alleged row with Lafleur is producing some great displays...

That 3rd quarter throw by Rodgers was pretty remarkable.

It has to be said, after his performance last weekend, the alleged row with Lafleur is producing some great displays...

I’d say he was ‘throwing’ to Jimmy G. :D

Was just searching for posts about Aaron Jones to see who was first to spot his potential and it struck me...no sign of Billy86 this season...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Nothing short of abysmal, today. Couldn't get anything going. Really didn't agree with some of our play calling but regardless, the Chargers (the Chargers!) had our number today.

Thankfully the division went 0-4 today, but we really need to learn from this.

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Nothing short of abysmal, today. Couldn't get anything going. Really didn't agree with some of our play calling but regardless, the Chargers (the Chargers!) had our number today.

Thankfully the division went 0-4 today, but we really need to learn from this.

Yes we do.

Penalties...

Stop giving up huge chunks over the middle.

Not getting to the QB

Would expect to see a much improved display next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭cosatron

the chargers really are funny team, when they are on form, they have a top defence and rivers has the weapons, unfortunately we got them when they were on form. just a bad day all round, but a good lesson for them to not take any team for granted, which obviously they did.

Some silly penalties didn't help, but the killer was the O-line just getting eaten alive. Apart from the one TD drive in Q4 when the game was already over Rodgers never had any time in the pocket to actually make throws.

Lucky the rest of the division also lost at least.

Blut2 wrote: »
    Some silly penalties didn't help, but the killer was the O-line just getting eaten alive. Apart from the one TD drive in Q4 when the game was already over Rodgers never had any time in the pocket to actually make throws.

Lucky the rest of the division also lost at least.

What never ceases to puzzle me is that we can’t get a good reliable TE to catch some passes up the middle, yet every other team seems to have one?

When I see the Packers defending the opposition on a first and twenty, I know, I know, they are going to complete with a big pass down the middle.

Happened last evening.

Was it wise to play Davante Adams.... don’t think so, didn’t seem fully fit and seemed to knock the offense out of kilter.

Way too similar to the first few games he played in...not his fault, but hey... the similarity is there.

Food for thought there.... O-line poor, defense worse, one to forget.

Need a big upscale in performance for the game against Carolina next week

Don’t want to be going into a bye on the back of two defeats. …… with a game against the Niners after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Cmc is going to **** g destroy us

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Really expected to see more from Kenny Clark this season. We are practically no threat through the middle. The Smiths are getting to the QB, but if they don't then they have all the time in the world to go 40 yards down the middle run or throw(There is nothing more annoying than seeing the ball launched 20 yards down the middle with soft coverage for the receiver to go another 10/15) This has been happening for at least 6 years no. I believe Clark is injured. If thats the case rest him for a week or two because he might aswell not be playing the last 5 weeks.

Offense really struggled this week but we have seen what they can do once the O-line stops giving up penalties and puts up a bit of a fight against the pass rush. Also Rodgers has a SUPER bad habit of replying on Adams too much. Spread the ball around. Thats what this offense has been thriving on.

Anyway, We should beat Panthers. Conceding points and a lot of yards on the way.

seiphil wrote: »
    Really expected to see more from Kenny Clark this season. We are practically no threat through the middle. The Smiths are getting to the QB, but if they don't then they have all the time in the world to go 40 yards down the middle run or throw(There is nothing more annoying than seeing the ball launched 20 yards down the middle with soft coverage for the receiver to go another 10/15) This has been happening for at least 6 years no. I believe Clark is injured. If thats the case rest him for a week or two because he might aswell not be playing the last 5 weeks.

Offense really struggled this week but we have seen what they can do once the O-line stops giving up penalties and puts up a bit of a fight against the pass rush. Also Rodgers has a SUPER bad habit of replying on Adams too much. Spread the ball around. Thats what this offense has been thriving on.

Anyway, We should beat Panthers. Conceding points and a lot of yards on the way.

Yep, agree with most of that.

I wouldn’t throw too much shade on Kenny Clark, yes there are injuries but he also gets doubled a lot .
    Got a good grade from PFF.
    Agree he might need a rest but with a bye week coming won’t get it this week.

If Greg Olsen has a big day .....uhmmmmm bad things will happen.

Jimmy G ..... a fcuking oil tanker would turn quicker.

Anyway.... expecting a good win on Sunday

McCaffrey will probably tear up the middle for a couple of TDs. But it should still be a win hopefully unless things go very wrong elsewhere. The bookies reckon the Packers by 5.5pts.

McCaffrey will probably tear up the middle for a couple of TDs. But it should still be a win hopefully unless things go very wrong elsewhere. The bookies reckon the Packers by 5.5pts.

Panthers are dead last against the run in the NFL.

So 30 and 33 should profit.

Now it’s a back up QB, ****e weather, biggest threat CMC .

If Pettine can’t handle that it’s problems.

The D need to front up big time......will be a very interesting game to see if the Packers can erase the rumours going around about the Chargers game.

Lads are ye serious. Cmc is going to ****ing rip that defence apart

Lads are ye serious. Cmc is going to ****ing rip that defence apart

Let’s wait and see......

• Advertisement

Panthers are dead last against the run in the NFL.

So 30 and 33 should profit.

Now it’s a back up QB, ****e weather, biggest threat CMC .

If Pettine can’t handle that it’s problems.

The D need to front up big time......will be a very interesting game to see if the Packers can erase the rumours going around about the Chargers game.

The D weren't the problem in the Chargers game, though. They did well in the first half, and only really leaked in the second half by which point they'd spent far too much time on the field.

The offense scoring 3 pts total in the first 3 quarters, and getting blown off the field almost instantly repeatedly, was the main issue. No defense in the league could reliably win a game with that going on.

I'd have far more worries about the O-line leaking like a sieve again than the defense not performing. But hopefully thats overblown, its only the Panthers. The 49ers game in a couple of weeks on the other hand...

The D weren't the problem in the Chargers game, though. They did well in the first half, and only really leaked in the second half by which point they'd spent far too much time on the field.

The offense scoring 3 pts total in the first 3 quarters, and getting blown off the field almost instantly repeatedly, was the main issue. No defense in the league could reliably win a game with that going on.

I'd have far more worries about the O-line leaking like a sieve again than the defense not performing. But hopefully thats overblown, its only the Panthers. The 49ers game in a couple of weeks on the other hand...

The D is a huge problem when they can't turn the ball over. They had some nice redzone stops but thats after being driven 90 yards time and time again.

Both sides of the ball stunk. Offense couldn't create any drives which gave the D no rest. The D left the offence is poor starting spots. But the D has been stinking since week 3. Think we are like 31st/32nd in yards against this season. That is terrible.

Yep, agree with most of that.

I wouldn’t throw too much shade on Kenny Clark, yes there are injuries but he also gets doubled a lot .
    Got a good grade from PFF.
    Agree he might need a rest but with a bye week coming won’t get it this week.

If Greg Olsen has a big day .....uhmmmmm bad things will happen.

Jimmy G ..... a fcuking oil tanker would turn quicker.

Anyway.... expecting a good win on Sunday

Almost did.....Rookie Qb...career yards..... Greg Olsen 97 yards.In Lambeau Field.

What does that tell you.

Packers tried to give it away....dodged one on the last play

Not impressive apart from the RBs

An experienced QB would cut that D apart.

Nice snowy finish to the game.

We made tough work out of that I feel. Much better than last week. Great game from Clark, more like his form earlier on in the season.

Offense needs more work and defense needs more work.

On to the needed ye week. 8-2!!!

Oddly kept cmc quiet. Some weird calls, the best player on offence, blocking when he prob should of got his hands on the ball in some big moments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭cosatron

8-2 and not the finished article on offense and defence is a great place to be. Martinez lack of coverage ability is getting very worrying at this stage and doesn't seem to be much of thumper either. I think we really need to sure up the middle and maybe get another wideout before we can starting talking about superbowls.

cosatron wrote: »
    8-2 and not the finished article on offense and defence is a great place to be. Martinez lack of coverage ability is getting very worrying at this stage and doesn't seem to be much of thumper either. I think we really need to sure up the middle and maybe get another wideout before we can starting talking about superbowls.

I would suggest that we concentrate on even making the playoffs before we even think of Superbowls.

We have a way to go before we get to that stage.

Next game will answer quite a few questions I would suggest.

This is excruciating to watch. Can't get anything going, whatsoever.

Rodgers really needs to get off devote Adams dick. When he's on form he's great but when he's not on form he is absolutely garbage. No I between with them.

• Advertisement

Rodgers really needs to get off devote Adams dick. When he's on form he's great but when he's not on form he is absolutely garbage. No I between with them.

I really didn't see that as the issue at all tonight. Moreso the play calling and lack of invention.

When we can't get the run game going we struggle massively to open up the field for passing. Couple that with our O-Line getting absolutely dominated, it meant we were hopeless from the off.

We desperately need more creativity in the passing game. I like how we're utilising the run more this year, but instead of complimenting the passing game, it really seems to be at the detriment of it.

Graham has to go. I just don't see what he's offering. You've Lewis there to block and then I'd much rather see Tonyan and (when he's ready to go) Sternberger get the snaps. The position is becoming more and more versatile in the league and we're so far behind on it.

On the receiver front, I just don't think the quality is there, bar Adams. MVS will offer a deep threat, but what else? Lazard is big and an interesting option, but we're very much becoming an easy team to read on passing.

So frustrating watching that tonight. We've easier games (on paper) coming up now before Minnesota and I'd love to see us try and work on some better schemes in preparations for the playoffs, because as things stand, we simply won't cut it.

Advertisement