Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Based on the season so far to me it looks like this:

Each in no particular order.

Top teams:

Patriots
    Saints
    Seahawks
    Ravens
    49ers
    Vikings

Gap

Packers
    Chiefs
    Cowboys
    Buffalo
    Texans

Gap

Panthers
    Browns
    Eagles
    Raiders
    Rams
    Bears
    Chargers
    Steelers
    Colts
    Tennessee

Big gap

The rest.

Very disappointing again Sunday night. Chargers and 49ers both got at Rodgers with easy. In both games when this was happening the defense then seemed to cough up loads of easy yards up the middle. We should be making the play offs but bar some magic from Rodgers we won't be getting past the first playoff game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,466 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I’d say the Giants TE is rubbing is hands together as he anticipates a big day next Sunday.

Will be looking in detail at the 9ers game tonight, but let’s be honest, this is at best a tier two team.

At best, I emphasise, I rate the Vikings above them and a 3-2 finish is what I would expect.

The same old weaknesses come up every year with the same auld response “ We must do better Yada yada Yada” then the same auld rubbish crops up again.

Why the fuuuherke can we not recruit a good, not a great TE, every other team seems to have one, or is that just what it seems against the Packers.

Nothing other than a solid convincing win in at least the next two games will suffice as the games against the Vikes and Lions are very lost le to this outfit.

Edit.. would agree to a large extent with the ‘tiers’ posted above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Jofspring wrote: »
    Based on the season so far to me it looks like this:

Each in no particular order.

Top teams:

Patriots
    Saints
    Seahawks
    Ravens
    49ers
    Vikings

Gap

Packers
    Chiefs
    Cowboys
    Buffalo
    Texans

Gap

Panthers
    Browns
    Eagles
    Raiders
    Rams
    Bears
    Chargers
    Steelers
    Colts
    Tennessee

Big gap

The rest.

Would agree with most of that, but I think Cousins at QB pushes the Vikings down a tier. I think anyone in the top tier needs a top level QB and Cousins just can’t be trusted in the big moments, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Blut2

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Would agree with most of that, but I think Cousins at QB pushes the Vikings down a tier. I think anyone in the top tier needs a top level QB and Cousins just can’t be trusted in the big moments, in my opinion.

+1 to that. I think the Vikings are closer to the Chiefs & Packers because of Cousins dragging them down a bit. Or because of Rodgers/Mahomes dragging their teams up a bit. Or a combination of both. I'd place the Vikings/Packers/Chiefs in their own tier '2' there.

Blut2 wrote: »
    +1 to that. I think the Vikings are closer to the Chiefs & Packers because of Cousins dragging them down a bit. Or because of Rodgers/Mahomes dragging their teams up a bit. Or a combination of both. I'd place the Vikings/Packers/Chiefs in their own tier '2' there.

In my opinion Rodgers is not not dragging his team up anywhere.

Ok he is not throwing intercepts, but far too many throaways, and to me anyway his demeanor on the field is not conjusive to inspire any confidence, vibarancy, enthusiasm or tempo.

Seems sour and critical to me anyway.

There’s a problem here, not insurmountable, but a problem nevertheless.

Let’s face it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

his demeanor on the field is not conjusive to inspire any confidence, vibarancy, enthusiasm or tempo.

That's the one thing that bugs me when I watch games. He looks like he's a pain to work with, just from a temperament point of view.

Per PFF this was the worst game #12 has ever had as a starter. (Graded 19th on offense and one of the worse Qb gradings (37.9) of all the QBs this week)

There Is. A. Problem. Here.

Not one on offense graded well per PFF, so personally I am not at all confident about ANY upcoming game, unless there is a complete change of attitude from both coaches and players and none of the same auld mantra after a game.

Very dissapointed here..

In my opinion Rodgers is not not dragging his team up anywhere.

Ok he is not throwing intercepts, but far too many throaways, and to me anyway his demeanor on the field is not conjusive to inspire any confidence, vibarancy, enthusiasm or tempo.

There’s a problem here, not insurmountable, but a problem nevertheless.

Let’s face it up.

Rodgers has definitely declined, and is now having off games, but hes still capable of making magic happen. Not as often, and not as much magic, but still.

I'd take him 10/10 times ahead of Cousins if I had to pick between the two, and I think most people would too.

Rodgers has definitely declined, and is now having off games, but hes still capable of making magic happen. Not as often, and not as much magic, but still.

I'd take him 10/10 times ahead of Cousins if I had to pick between the two, and I think most people would too.

Me too....... but I have to say there seems to be some kind of breakdown in performance somewhere.

I don’t know exactly where it is , but I feel it’s there.

Early in La Fleurs career with the Pack to analyse the body language, but there does seem to be a ‘distance ‘ there.

The offense seem to need to loosen the fchhuke up, other teams don’t fear them any more, in my opinion they need to open up and cut the cords.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Did Packers highest scoring games come when Adams was out? I think they did. There was definitely a better spread around the field by Rodgers when he was injured but the first few games Adams was back he seemed to go back to looking for Adams all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Needs to get off Adams dick. The game was his first TD this season wasn't it?

Jofspring wrote: »
    Did Packers highest scoring games come when Adams was out? I think they did. There was definitely a better spread around the field by Rodgers when he was injured but the first few games Adams was back he seemed to go back to looking for Adams all the time.

Had my first look at the 40 min highs(:eek:) tonite.

Not quite as despondent as earlier.SF a very very good team on the night.

Rogers had no chance, they were in him in flash and came to play.

When they tackled , they stiffed the runner, when Jimmy G passed,the ball stuck.

Six or seven punts by GB tells its own story. The dink and dunk worked for Rogers, the long shots didn’t.

Next week 5 points:

Need to get off to a fast start
    Need to learn how to tackle
    Convert third downs
    Don’t allow the NY TE a career day up the middle
    Up the tempo

Also why do the packers on 3rd and 6 also try a pass of 20+yards it seems

Also why do the packers on 3rd and 6 also try a pass of 20+yards it seems

It does indeed, keep the chains moving should be first priority.

Keep Rogers on the field, keeps the opposing offense off if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

There's trust issues with Rodgers and our receivers and it's warranted imo.

Tae is going to be our first read and should be. He's one of the best in the league. Thing is, he's getting double coverage everytime he's on the field. So, Rodgers looks to him and he can't separate. Then goes to Allison, most of the time can't separate. But when he does drops the ball. Same goes for MVS, Kumerow, Lazard and Graham. Rodgers has put the ball in their hands and they have done a very bad job of coming down with it.

I don't mind the throwaways if there's nothing on, which unfortunately most of the time that is the case. We were in rythm when we we bringing our running backs into the passing game. We need to get back to that.

Rodger's definitely has not been at his best. But our recievers have been awful.

He has already shown it in multiple games he's not past it. Our offense is STILL trying to find itself. It will happen. I just hope sooner rather than later.

Both the Lions and Bears looked quite handy today.

Won’t be rollovers for the Packers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭cosatron

so we are 10-3 and winning ugly is the only positive from yesterday I guess.

Its actually slightly shocking we're currently sitting at #2 seeds in the NFC, given the low quality of Packers play on show. A playoff game against any of the 49ers/Saints/Seattle will be a very one-sided end to the season I suspect.

Its actually slightly shocking we're currently sitting at #2 seeds in the NFC, given the low quality of Packers play on show. A playoff game against any of the 49ers/Saints/Seattle will be a very one-sided end to the season I suspect.

My sentiments too, given the current performances one would expect a right to king from any of those teams.

Very poor performance against the Redskins, rookie QB, best RB injured early on, only for 33 we could have lost this one.

By the way anyone have problems casting from GamePass ?

Another game with a win and terrible rubbish.

Should have had the game dusted in Q1.

Offense terrible.

Defense saved the game.

This team will be one and out in the playoffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Another game with a win and terrible rubbish.

Should have had the game dusted in Q1.

Offense terrible.

Defense saved the game.

This team will be one and out in the playoffs.

If you'd have told me at the start of the season that this team would have a record of 11-3 at this stage and I wouldn't have a hope of them winning a playoff game I'd have laughed at you! I feel like every single win is ground out.

I know that's not a terrible thing as it shows a type of mental toughness but there are so many games turning into dogfights when the Packers should be home and hosed! 5 Possessions when they were 18 ponts up on Sunday and they were all punts. 18 plays and only 9 yards gained. Shocking!

Ravens won a superbowl averaging 13 points a game. I'll take an ugly superbowl tbh

They might well win one playoff game to be fair, depending on the fixtures. Someone is going to qualify for the playoffs from the NFC East...

pedatron wrote: »
    If you'd have told me at the start of the season that this team would have a record of 11-3 at this stage and I wouldn't have a hope of them winning a playoff game I'd have laughed at you! I feel like every single win is ground out.

I know that's not a terrible thing as it shows a type of mental toughness but there are so many games turning into dogfights when the Packers should be home and hosed! 5 Possessions when they were 18 ponts up on Sunday and they were all punts. 18 plays and only 9 yards gained. Shocking!

Yes, that’s the recurring theme of this season.

Packers several times this season have had to prevent a third or fourth down, or convert a third down to keep the drive going .

And they haven’t got things done.

For instance when ,was it Dean Lowry intercepted, they got the ball on the Bears 40.

Even a FG ices the game.... they couldn’t do it.

That’s what happens far too often, similarly they have not converted third downs when a first down could ice the game.

That’s why I feel they won’t go far in Playoffs.

Vikes game will tell a lot..

Hands up, if at the start of the season someone said we'd go one game into the playoffs, given all the changes, I'd have said great, I'll take that as progress...

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Looking back at the post it was fairly negative. I just feel like GB just have not done enough consistently with and without the ball this season to be 11-3.

Needless to say, I'm delighted to see them in the playoffs with a pretty good record! Le Fleur has done some job in year one. I still think they'll fear nobody and the whole roster is really a tight-knit unit. If we could get guys to start catching some passes that would be great though! Bring on the Vikings Sunday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Hands up, if at the start of the season someone said we'd go one game into the playoffs, given all the changes, I'd have said great, I'll take that as progress...

Agreed. I think LeFleur has done great as coach - I do think we need a solid #2 receiver behind Adams, and a big pass-catching TE. That would really help the offense put those games away.

Jones takes it 56 yards to put Packers up 13 with 5.51 left, Crosby misses PAT but that's a big step towards wrapping up the NFC North

Agreed. I think LeFleur has done great as coach - I do think we need a solid #2 receiver behind Adams, and a big pass-catching TE. That would really help the offense put those games away.

Based on last nights game Lazard def #2.

Strange strange game, defence was great , both lines were good, running game good.

Catching and holding onto passes is the one that needs improvement.

Tough gritty performance by the Packers who came back well from a bad start, didn’t panic.

Loss of Dalvin Cook was big for the Vikes.

• Advertisement

Ball. ****ing. Security.
    Catch. The. ****ing. Simple. Passes.

That is all that can be said

Advertisement