Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,466 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Ok it was a good solid win, ground out , no quibbles the better team all round.

Not being negative but as was said;

Need to hang onto passes... a lot of ‘catches’ dispossessed from players this season

Tight ends.... when will any of them get to be a factor in the passing game

Take the ‘easy’ yards,move the chains and keep the offense on the field.

We just couldn’t afford to lose Aaron Jones.

Defense

Excellent.... but once again against a 3rd and 18. the receiver was wide f*****g open down the middle! No one else even in camera shot!

Didn’t really matter this time, but sometime it will.

I would back the Packers to stop 3rd and 2 before a 3rd and long.

But..... excellent result..... I have to acknowledge that.

The same nagging fiddley stuff though still rattles around

How could a team so much on top in every aspect except turnovers not cream this Vikings team?

Multiply that by about 8 other games this season.

Nooooo complaints though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Again not an outstanding performance but good to see when the chips were down the team could dig deep and get the win. Another very mixed week which leaves very mixed opinions on this team.

With our current recievers I can't see us getting up to much in the playoffs. Despite some decent catches today I just don't have any confidence in them sustaining it and always feel a straight forward pass is going to be dropped.

Unbelievable that we have a first round bye but going 6-0 in our own division is impressive no matter how poor some of our performances have been.

I'm just hoping the coaches have a lot more up their sleeves and the Packers haven't even hit top gear yet.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Again not an outstanding performance but good to see when the chips were down the team could dig deep and get the win. Another very mixed week which leaves very mixed opinions on this team.

With our current recievers I can't see us getting up to much in the playoffs. Despite some decent catches today I just don't have any confidence in them sustaining it and always feel a straight forward pass is going to be dropped.

Unbelievable that we have a first round bye but going 6-0 in our own division is impressive no matter how poor some of our performances have been.

I'm just hoping the coaches have a lot more up their sleeves and the Packers haven't even hit top gear yet.

Dodged the bullet yet again today.

Third string QB... c’mon lads

Dropped, overthrown, underthrown passes.... running game getting nothing, not getting to the QB, penalties, stupid penalties....how in fcuks name this team has the record it has is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Dodged the bullet yet again today.

Third string QB... c’mon lads

Dropped, overthrown, underthrown passes.... running game getting nothing, not getting to the QB, penalties, stupid penalties....how in fcuks name this team has the record it has is beyond me.
    Because they win ugly. Don't forget we were the lowest seed to ever win a sb. Ravens won with the lowest scoring offence of all time. While it's been nervy games I've enjoyed this year for the first year of a rebuild

Because they win ugly. Don't forget we were the lowest seed to ever win a sb. Ravens won with the lowest scoring offence of all time. While it's been nervy games I've enjoyed this year for the first year of a rebuild

Yes, I haven’t ‘enjoyed ‘ any game.

I sat down to enjoy’ yesterday’s game,plenty of beer at the elbow, gut full, this is going to be terrific.

Deferred, stuffed the first drive, got possession, first toss to Jimmy G wide open down the middle......at last I muttered,Jimmy has one ,open, between the hash marks............drops it.

What followed was more drops, dispossessions, steps out of play causing incompletions,overthrows, hospital passes,penalties against, missed FGs.

Anyway they did get it together in the second half but I just can’t figure out why they don’t up the tempo, take what’s given, move the chains, catch the ball.

I had to laugh when Jimmy G caught the first ‘big play’ of his.

With loads of green plastic in front of him his first move was to head for the sideline.

Would George Kittle do that........ would he f**k.

Anyway, I have to purge this negativity from my system:D

• Advertisement

Yes, I haven’t ‘enjoyed ‘ any game.

I sat down to enjoy’ yesterday’s game,plenty of beer at the elbow, gut full, this is going to be terrific.

Deferred, stuffed the first drive, got possession, first toss to Jimmy G wide open down the middle......at last I muttered,Jimmy has one ,open, between the hash marks............drops it.

What followed was more drops, dispossessions, steps out of play causing incompletions,overthrows, hospital passes,penalties against, missed FGs.

Anyway they did get it together in the second half but I just can’t figure out why they don’t up the tempo, take what’s given, move the chains, catch the ball.

I had to laugh when Jimmy G caught the first ‘big play’ of his.

With loads of green plastic in front of him his first move was to head for the sideline.

Would George Kittle do that........ would he f**k.

Anyway, I have to purge this negativity from my system:D

Just gotta realise the team needs a massive overhaul on offence now. Hopefully they make more moves this year

Just gotta realise the team needs a massive overhaul on offence now. Hopefully they make more moves this year

Starting where?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Starting where?

Graham, MVS and Allison in that order?

Graham, MVS and Allison in that order?

:eek:

Only three !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭cosatron

God I hope we smack the seahawks up and down the field, the 2014 NFFCG still rattles, 6 years later. A heavy dose of aaron jones and hopefully Rodgers will take what the defense is giving him. There oline is poor, the smiths and Kenny clark should do some damage.

• Advertisement

They have no running game at all. So watch as lynch runs for 150 vs US. We should win but Wilson loves putting on a one man show vs the pack

cosatron wrote: »
    God I hope we smack the seahawks up and down the field, the 2014 NFFCG still rattles, 6 years later. A heavy dose of aaron jones and hopefully Rodgers will take what the defense is giving him. There oline is poor, the smiths and Kenny clark should do some damage.

Most important thing is to keep Russell Wilson quiet ...cannot be allowed to scamper around freely.

Secondly Packers need to start fast and if on top stay on top.

Keep the penalties down to a minimum.

Take your chances when you get them .Hang onto the ball when you get it, recently it seems a lot of GB players seem to be getting dispossessed after contact..

I am fully expecting a GB win.

That’s if they bring the game they can play to Lambeau.

Most important thing is to keep Russell Wilson quiet ...cannot be allowed to scamper around freely.

Secondly Packers need to start fast and if on top stay on top.

Keep the penalties down to a minimum.

Take your chances when you get them .Hang onto the ball when you get it, recently it seems a lot of GB players seem to be getting dispossessed after contact..

I am fully expecting a GB win.

That’s if they bring the game they can play to Lambeau.

Well....... First half excellent... second half worrying as Wilson cut them apart almost single handed ,gouging yardage and three successive TD drives of under 10 plays each if I remember correctly.

In fairness 3rd down, critical 3rd down conversions in fact, kept the Packers in the game, but how Wilson , slippery and slick as he undoubtably is almost beat the Packers single handed is concerning.

Any way, we’ll done , I am not confident about next week but a fantastic season nonetheless, just wish we could have ONE game where we could relax😷🙀

Just watched the 40 this morning.

Looked excellent in the first half and as is the story of the season we had a very shaky patch giving up big yardage in the second half.

Dug deep in the end though and pulled off a win.

Can't see us getting past the 49ers unless a big shock is on the cards. They did serious damage to our offensive line the last time and gave Rodgers no time to play. I can see a repeat of that for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭cosatron

well that was awesome. Rodgers back to being Godgers again. 8 for 10 on third down for 130 yards in clutch moments of the game. Kudos to Matt le fluer and brian Gutekunst for turning this team around in such a short space of time. If we play 60 minutes of football that we can play on both sides of the ball, we will win the whole lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Blut2

Great first half, worrying second half with Wilson cutting through the defense. Some great 3rd down conversions from Rodgers though.

I wouldn't rule out a shock victory next week against the 49ers, just depends on if the O-line can give Rodgers time to make throws. And on if he actually has targets downfield.

But a Superbowl against the Chiefs would be painful to watch I'd say. Mahomes would do what Wilson did, but for all 4 quarters, and to a greater extent. I'd say he'd put up 40 points.

2 games away. I give them little chance in the Championship game and even less if they get past that and face the Chiefs. But then again fans of the Giants were probably saying much the same right around this time of year back in 2008.

2 games away. I give them little chance in the Championship game and even less if they get past that and face the Chiefs. But then again fans of the Giants were probably saying much the same right around this time of year back in 2008.

They are perfectly capable of beating any team.

However, it depends on the plays called and the execution of those plays.

They let Wilson dance around in the second half and almost got crowned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

They are perfectly capable of beating any team.

However, it depends on the plays called and the execution of those plays.

They let Wilson dance around in the second half and almost got crowned.

In fairness, stopping Wilson when he's in form like that is a tough ask. God only knows why the Seahawks don't cut him loose more.

We would have had 7+ sacks on a less mobile qb last night, Jimmy G won't be able to run like that. It will come down to how we stop their running backs.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    In fairness, stopping Wilson when he's in form like that is a tough ask. God only knows why the Seahawks don't cut him loose more.

We would have had 7+ sacks on a less mobile qb last night, Jimmy G won't be able to run like that. It will come down to how we stop their running backs.

Garoppolo's lack of running game is the big reason I'd have some optimism for next weekend. The defense should be able to both sack him a few times and make some good stops.

It'll just come down to if Rodgers and the offense can actually get things going and get some scores. If only we could clone Davante and have a second top tier WR for Rodgers to target...

• Advertisement

Blut2 wrote: »
    Garoppolo's lack of running game is the big reason I'd have some optimism for next weekend. The defense should be able to both sack him a few times and make some good stops.

It'll just come down to if Rodgers and the offense can actually get things going and get some scores. If only we could clone Davante and have a second top tier WR for Rodgers to target...

I have some optimism too, but I feel George Kittle will be the biggest threat.

Our running game has slowed up a bit and Bosa will make it more difficult.

Hopefully the ‘virus’ in the camp will have run through and all are fully fit.

Must limit these ‘ten yards a pop’ drives that Wilson was allowed to complete almost undefended.

Difficult but by no means impossible is my take on the game.

Think Titans....

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

I'm actually much more hopeful than I was a week or two ago. I just think we might just rise to the challenge. Jimmy G is in unchartered territory now as a QB1 and if the Packers can get in his face and slow their run I think we have a chance. Rodgers definitely feeling himself more now after that game. We need a lot of stuff to go in our favour but it's definitely not impossible!

Only a few hours to go. Really hope Rodgers can come up with some magic but it just feels like it's the 49ers year to be in the Superbowl. They have a serious team all over the park. Can see Kittle doing serious damage to us.

In saying that I'm going for an optimistic GB 25-23 SF

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Slicing punt and dropped snap. Packers were already up against it, jesus.

Well that's a bigger stomp than the regular season. If the packers don't make moves for offence in the offseason we can say goodbye to being relevant

Bit of a nightmare , anything that could go wrong ,did.

Not unexpected though, a lot of work to be done in the off season especially on offense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GBPackers

The team exceeded everybody's expectations!
    They were the most One-And-Done looking team in the Play-Offs and yet managed to get into the NFC Conference Championship game.
    That is not too shabby for a team without star players (ARod excepted).

Insofar as ARod, i see he finished 6th in QBR this year which is not bad while having an off year.
    But questions remain about his longevity, time will tell as it always does.

Really have to relish those rare seasons whereby we beat both the Vikings and Bears twice!
    Could you imagine had it been Vikings in place of Seahawks in the Division PlayOff game at Lambeau?
    What.A.Pity!

Oh to have beaten the Vikings 3x in the same season, sending them home to sulk.
    Would have put the entire state of MINN into a year long depression.

I gave up at half time and went to bed. That was fairly painful to watch, the much much better team won easily.

Heavy investment in the offense needed next season now, if Rodgers' performance continues to drop theres very much a ticking clock on the time left to make him count.

Blut2 wrote: »
    I gave up at half time and went to bed. That was fairly painful to watch, the much much better team won easily.

Heavy investment in the offense needed next season now, if Rodgers' performance continues to drop theres very much a ticking clock on the time left to make him count.

Yes exactly as I did..... forget about the second half performance, SF had the game won and were not going to risk injury two weeks before the SB.

Well beaten by a much livelier better balanced team.

That said: Great season to get so far, always guessed they couldn’t go the full way, but congrats to all, that with a newish GM a new HC they got as far as they did and laid the foundations for the future.

Lot of work to do in the off season especially offense, and despite a lot of hype the D is far from the finished article... still way too many big gouging plays both air and ground especially down the middle.

However...... 13-3 regular season, only a right sourpuss would complain about that:o

• Advertisement

We didn't deserve a 13-3 season if we are being honest. We didn't play like a 13-3 team. Other teams beat themselves for us.

Rodgers fumbled the ball 3 times last night and threw two picks. Worst ball security from him I can remember.

Advertisement