Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I hope Mason can get it together.

He has been a great kicker down the years, it would be a shame to see him lose it this season.

All in all another pretty good Defense game today.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I think today's win is very important. In the division, on the road. Starks is running tough and he's an important cog in the machine. Defence played well generally. Crosby's a worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

Pherekydes wrote: »
    I think today's win is very important. In the division, on the road. Starks is running tough and he's an important cog in the machine. Defence played well generally. Crosby's a worry.

+1.

Walden has been having an excellent season with another 2 more sacks. Moses put in a good stint - especially given whose shoes he was trying to fill! Thought the secondary stood up, on the whole, very well against what was a very difficult assignment.

It's exciting to know that the team still has a lot of improvement in them and yet we have still managed to win 5 in-a-row;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Its not the Packers way to cull a player like that.

I think we need to stick with Mason, his body of work has been really great previous to this slump. Hevery kicker goes through a bad patch and its just a really bad period for him right now especially since our Off can't seem to get into the nect gear and we are relyign on Mason more and more.

He'll come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Without Matthews other teams qb's must think that it's christmas, nobody but him bring pressure and without him qb's have all day!

Our O-line is a bloody joke, had a giants fan sitting beside me who was correctly pointing opointing out that our o-line were just shoved out of the way the rare times they actually touched anyone going after AR.

AR doesn't seem to trust Jones. Cannot remember him even getting the ball thrown in his direction last night.

Last night was a horrid wake up call, surely Capers can't be in the job much longer?

• Advertisement

Looks like Greg Jennings will be back in some capacity this weekend.

Couldn't come sooner.
    It gives 'A-Rod' another target to aim at in the 1 second he has before our offensive line collapses! :D

If the Packer's defence can hold Petersen and offensive linemen can contain Jared Allen I feel Rodgers is due a big game.

I feel with the distraction of Jennings on the field this is going to free up Cobb to
    cause some real damage in the Vikes secondary.

WakeyTyke wrote: »
    If the Packer's defence can hold Petersen and offensive linemen can contain Jared Allen I feel Rodgers is due a big game.

I feel with the distraction of Jennings on the field this is going to free up Cobb to
    cause some real damage in the Vikes secondary.

We have those???since when?

James Starks, who has injected some respectability into the run game, picked up a knee injury against the Vikes, and may be headed to IR, which would be a huge blow down the stretch. The Pack has re-signed Ryan Grant as cover.

Story

Ryan Grant back, injuries must be really taking there toll for TT to have to resort to this!

Hopefully we might have Matthews, Woodson, Nelson and Lang back for the Bears game.

Let"s say a little prayer that nobody else goes down injured against the Lions, though given that they are only playing for pride it might bring out thei worse side in certain of their players.

• Advertisement

Ryan Grant back, injuries must be really taking there toll for TT to have to resort to this!

Why do you say this?

He was a fine player was he not.

Injuries have been a problem lately but his performances when fit were good (If I recall).

Why do you say this?

He was a fine player was he not.

Injuries have been a problem lately but his performances when fit were good (If I recall).

Agreed Grant served the club well and any running back that can post back-to-back 1,200 yard seasons deserves respect but after the surgery on his broken ankle in 2010 he just wasn't the same player last season.

Ted Thompson had made it abundantly clear he had no intention of resigning Grant for this season, choosing instead to go with Cedric Benson (who is the same age as Grant). The urgent need for a running back though, who can immediately play for the team, has caused a change of heart for the normally hard-nosed Thompson.

I would be delighted if Grant could recapture some of his 2008-09 form but I think he will be mainly used as a back-up to Green.

Good effort from the running game last night, with 2 rushing TDs. Harris looks a decent stand-in and Grant even got in on the action.

Now to get Woodson and Matthews back for the run-in.

Yep, it was good to see the running game doing the biz.

All comes down to the Soldier Field game..... (again).

The big question is - are we getting HOT?

It is remarkable to think that given our level of injuries, our stuttering offense, our defence's lapses and Crosby's lack of form that we are 7-1 since Week 6!

McCarthy and his crew have done a tremendous job up to this point, will the return of some our big names give us the momentum into the play-off's?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

The big question is - are we getting HOT?

It is remarkable to think that given our level of injuries, our stuttering offense, our defence's lapses and Crosby's lack of form that we are 7-1 since Week 6!

McCarthy and his crew have done a tremendous job up to this point, will the return of some our big names give us the momentum into the play-off's?

Starting to look that way. I've been playing us down to my mates all season but if Matthews gets back along with a few other players (having Jennings back has been a help), and keep that run game functional through Green - then we have a great chance.

Beat the Bears this week coming and we've a great shot at second seed. We'd have the Titans and Vikes left whilst the 49ers being a half game ahead at min are @Pats, @Seattle and will win their last game against the Cardinals.

We need matthews,woodson and and Nelson back.

We're not getting hot, at the minute we are over achieving.

Those 3 players though will make us hot if they can stay healthy. Also Randall Cobb would be such a loss for us if he got injured

Arawn wrote: »
    We need matthews,woodson and and Nelson back.

We're not getting hot, at the minute we are over achieving.

Those 3 players though will make us hot if they can stay healthy. Also Randall Cobb would be such a loss for us if he got injured

Cobb has been savage all year in pretty much every aspect of the offence and ST.

Read a mock draft there for next year which has us picking WR, RB and TE in the first three rounds. :rolleyes: Somehow doubt that given the invisible O-line in front of Rodgers at the minute and the defence still not up to scratch (although missing the likes of Woodson, Perry and Matthews doesn't help).

It's all scrappy and the games are close and they are second best for periods even in games they win...but I like the idea of scraping by and then bursting into life post season with more players back. Let's face it, it's what happened a couple of seasons back, and we saw the exact opposite last season.

What a relief to know Clay is back for the Bears game:p

He terrorised Cutler at Lambeau, running rings around their O-line and after a month's rest he is going to be even harder than ever to stop!

With the Division title on the line play-off football basically starts here, this is going to be one humdinger of a match.

• Advertisement

I'm worried about this one.

Even if the Pack was cruising, which is not happening, and the Bears were out of it, which of course they're not, a trip to Soldier is always a big one. Even on just the law of averages, the Bears are due a big win against the Pack at some stage, just hope it's not this weekend.

Im worried too, I don't expect a victory.

Hopefully there will be some sort of repeat BJ-Raji intercept miracle!

Marshall has been talking himself up ahead of the game and challenging the Pack to go man-to-man on him.. last time he spoke like that Revis dominated him! :P

Like earlier in the season, that's the key for me - keep Marshall quiet through brilliant cover schemes, allow our linebackers and linemen time to get to Cutler and kill their momentum early.

Oh and try keep Rodgers from getting hit too often would be nice too.

NFC North Champions, another trophy for Titletown!

Rodgers or AD still on course to bring the MVP to the best division in the game...

NFC North Champions, another trophy for Titletown!

Rodgers or AP still on course to bring the MVP to the best division in the game...

Great win:D

We dominated the Bears offense and (just as I hoped) Clay gave Cutler a torrid time.

Down side is Crosby continues to threaten to be a huge liability in a tight game

With Woodson, Nelson and Wilson soon to return - we are getting hotter;)

Down side is Crosby continues to threaten to be a huge liability in a tight game

I wonder could Masthay try his hand at FGs...he's already shown he could slot in as QB! ;)

I wonder could Masthay try his hand at FGs...he's already shown he could slot in as QB! ;)

Why not?

He is listed as back-up Kicker and his superb punt to Bears 3-yard line was a clutch kick of the highest order:)

Why not?

He is listed as back-up Kicker and his superb punt to Bears 3-yard line was a clutch kick of the highest order:)

He has made punting in big games against the Bears a speciality. His performance in the Championship game 2 seasons back was almost perfect, sticking 5 punts inside the 20. To think he was tutoring for $10 an hour the year before...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Is Crosby gonnna get benched against the Titans?

• Advertisement

Is Crosby gonnna get benched against the Titans?

Crosby better be hoping he even makes the bench he'd probably go for it, miss and fall on his ass then again he'd probably miss the ground aswell

Advertisement