Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Za'Darius Smith placed on IR....not going to do any favours for an already struggling D.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

It was a win………….was it convincing……….first half definitely not……….second half definitely better.

Haven’t watched ‘in depth’ yet but given the ‘pundits’ all predicted a Packer win against a poor team

I can’t see them (right now) beating genuine contenders.

Nip and tuck in the first half, Lions made mistakes in the second half which the Packers capitalized on.

Defense stepped up second half, especially against the run, but still seemed to leave big gaps up the middle.

They got to Goff and harried him more in the second half which was the key.

9ers next week ………. Am not predicting a win, but hopefully a tough close game

Big day for Kittle…….. be ready for big numbers unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Blut2

I'd mostly agree. Good to have a win, and a lot of scoring from the offense - a lot better overall than the Saints result. But its still the Lions so I wouldn't read too much into it. They'll face much better teams, soon.

The o-line is letting a lot of pressure get through to Rodgers that really isn't helping. Bakhtiari can't come back soon enough, he should make a big difference to that. At least then we might just get back to normal service of the defense being not very good but the Packers offense outscoring most teams they play against.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Well, how about that? Ship back on course. Crosby is money! Rodgers to Adams has been reestablished. No Bakh, no Jenkins, no problem.

Onwards and upwards...

Excellent display by both offence and defence …..much more up tempo performance, lively action and getting to Jimmy G eleven times, batted away six passes

Thats what was needed, you can’t let a Qb of any standard bounce around in the pocket and expect to win.

Tackling was better, no geezers turning the corner for big chunks, all in all a very promising performance.

Lets hope they continue the good work.

• Advertisement

Good win against a decent 49ers team. Doing it with a few key players out was even better.

That drive to win it was vintage Rodgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭cosatron

that was awesome. for some unknown reason, i hate the sight of Kyle Shanahan, its a bit irrational but i just do. Impressive performance all around. Campbell at ilb looks good.

How did the 49ers leave #17 so much space in the 37 sec. drive?

One would have thought there would be a guy plastered to him and make Rodgers go to someone else.

It had to be a couple of pass plays.

Its the Steelers next, hopefully they will bring the same fizz and enthusiasm to that game.

Expecting a win.

While some credit usually has to go Adams' way for creating space and finding gaps, those two chunk plays the 9ers just committed to zone and left him a mile to work with. I understand the point of zone is supposed to be, 'nothing deep, nothing cheap', but Christ....if I was calling D for them, point one would be to put double coverage on 17 and then work the rest out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,948 ✭✭✭Christy42

Indeed. I will take the loss if you beat me with MVS or Lazard. Shut down Adams and make it difficult at least.

The other thing is that I am wondering how often prevent defense actually works when trying to stop a field goal. It seems to wilt a lot of the time.

• Advertisement

Yes I’m sure Davante was as usual in the clear for his receptions.Valid points there for sure.

Possibly they weren’t expecting the two great throws from Rodgers and with the time constraint,and took a gamble that the Packers would’nt convert a long field goal.

Got all three wrong!🤡

Pundits very critical of the officiating crew, rightly so in my opinion, would have thought a referee like Jerome Boger would have been more efficient…….

Any opinions on that….

The Adams helmet to helmet seemed to deserve a flag , the Stokes pass interference was questionable I feel plus a few others.

Next event is the Steelers at Lambeau.

If the Packers show the same enthusiasm and performance as shown in Frisco, it should be a win.

However, Steelers are hurting and basically if they lose this one after a bad display last week, they are in trouble.

Like the Packers after the Saints game, expect a backlash from the Steelers, and in my opinion will need the Pack to be ready for such a backlash .

First 1800 start for a Packers game, hope it’s a good ‘un

This Bengals team will not be like the Bengals of old……

Elgton Jenkins out…. Joe Mixon will play….. big task on here.

surgery not ruled out for #23….. jeeze man…..that would be season ending.

Probably Lucas Patrick at centre and Yosh at LT… KK and Stokes the corners.

wow

Got to get to Burrow…… just got to.

Well, Mister Crosby has really put us through the wringer tonight. Hero zero zero zero hero...

That was some finish. When the Packers ran it (badly) twice, and then kicked on 3rd down from 49 yards despite Crosby having a nightmare of a day, they really deserved to lose it. To not even throw it once on that set of downs...

A wins a win though I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

A win is a win, better side and if they had hit the kicks earlier they would have won easier I feel.

Very conservative approach in the end though, need to be more attack minded nowadays the way the game has gone in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭cosatron

some range of emotions last night. not good for the heart. There banged up but they are giving it everything which is great for the year. Campbell is the find of the year,

Haven’t studied the game in any detail yet, just the live game and a number of points:

They should never have been in the situation they were in.

Missed point after, visits to the Redzone and only coming away with field goals

Allowing Bengals into their redzone ….two TDs if memory serves me right , one two point conversion .

So. The Offence has to work on their red zone production and the Defense has to work on their redzone prevention.

Running AJ Dillon up the gut in short yardage redzone situations doesn’t seem to work, they need to be more creative.

Dillon is a North South guy pure and simple, too easy to stop in those situations.

I will concede though that trying to hang onto a small lead is different than trying to come from behind.

Had they been more clinical the Packers would have easily won, and there would be no need for the cardiac crack that went on in the final two minutes and the extra time.

Great that they won in the end but the most important thing to take away from this game is ‘take your chances when you get them’ missed extra points , missed opportunities in the redzone, will come back to haunt you.

That game should have gone nowhere near extra time from the Packers perspective.

Good win over da Bears… some mistakes but all in all workmanlike.

• Advertisement

Really didn't feel we were at risk of losing that game at any point. Curious how the Skip Bayless types will try and dramatise and oversell Rodgers, 'I own you' response to his rushing TD.

I'd imagine everyone who bothers to post on here is already aware of Aaron Rodgers Tuesdays on the Pat McAfee show, but since it started it has always been something I look forward to after a solid win like this, particularly over, 'Da Bears'. Mainstream would kill for that level of access to AR12.

Once the Packers leveled the game early on, they were settled down nicely.

A lot of ‘whiffs’ by the Packers D in this game, I noticed, had a guy dead in sights an ended up tackling air!!!

The two RBs Jones and Dillon wore them out eventually.

Solid performance all round .

Not crime of the century, but thought it was a bit crass by Rodgers. I'm sure he takes some stick, but unless he was responding to something particularly ugly he'd be better off smiling and running away.

You have a point, but no harm that bewer got a bit of stick.

He was probably responding to years of abuse and unloaded in the heat of the moment.

No big deal and hopefully it will not turn into a big deal.

Few Chicago fans flipping him off apparently.

I'd even say, 'crass' is an exaggeration to be honest.

I think a multi millionaire screaming "I f*****g own you' to fans who might take a long time to earn what he makes per week is a little classless. Even if one of them (a woman) did flip the bird.

I'd say a player showing a bit of passion and rivalry in a game between the oldest rivalry in the sport is pretty healthy.

Rodgers can't win with some people....he doesn't show that passion and people moan that he has checked out and he doesn't care.....he does show that passion and he's crass and classless.

It's a feckin sports rivalry, necks could do with winding in. I'd imagine his comment was directed at the multi-billion dollar Bears franchise, rather than an individual fan even if that fan triggered the response.

We

Well we agree it's crass and classless. And that it's not his first time.

I don't think swearing at a group of people is passionate or appropriate. I think it's a bit childish, but as we know Rodgers is like that at times.

• Advertisement

But as we know Rodgers is like that at times

And we get to the real crux of the issue. It is nothing to do with what happened and entirely to do with who did it.

For the record, we didn't agree that it was crass or classless, I was attributing that view to you, not sharing it.

Advertisement