Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

It has nothing to do with who did it. I think players should not swear at groups of fans. If Jones or Adams did it, it would be equally unacceptable. Now, you are entitled to think it's acceptable, that's all subjective and opinions will differ, but the "you just don't like poor Aaron" angle is nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

I'd rather my sports had a bit of fire to them, I want to see passion on the field.....I don't think celebrating a TD with, 'I own you' is particularly offensive or beyond the pale.....nor am I convinced that you'd have the same reaction if it was Jones or Adams (of course I can't prove that).

It's an absolute mountain out of a molehill and your, 'we know Rodgers is like that' is very telling. I didn't bring the, 'oh poor Aaron' angle into this, you did with that comment.

Ultimately a win over Chicago is always good, and I'm happy to see our QB fired up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,463 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Best thing is to treat this for what it is, bit of harmless arse boxing.

Its a football game.

I wouldn’t give it anymore oxygen.

Oh passion on the field is good. I don't regard swearing at people in the stands as being passion on the field at all. There are a few very very old lines, one about sticks and stones and the merits of not reacting, another about two wrongs and (again) the merits of not reacting, and both seem like common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Did he swear? I heard "I own you" was there a swear in there aswell?

Rodgers has been playing against the bears for a long time now, I'm sure he has a nice history built up with fans. I thought it was funny. Probably helps that I'm a Packers fan.

People making a big deal of nothing. A good win for the Packers and with a pile of injuries still there it's great to see them tipping away nicely.

Early days for Justin Fields but I think the hype around him needs to calm down. They seem to be putting a lot of pressure on him already and when it comes to the media everything he does well they blow out of all proportion. He hasn't done anything yet but they keep trying to hype him up as an amazing player already.

• Advertisement

If one tried really hard, that one about sticks and stones could even be applied to a certain other end of the situation being discussed.

'I own you' is hardly akin to something like Eric Cantona's flying kick into the crowd, and given that it didn't attract an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, I'm pretty happy with my position on it. You're determined to find your angle though, so I'll leave it at.

Out of curiosity, were you so rabidly enraged at Aaron Jones waving goodbye at the Cowboys D as he ran in his rushing TD about two years back? That one was widely complimented.....and got Jones a fine.

Fact is, Aaron Rodgers has owned the Bears his whole life.

For someone who was all preachy about winding necks in, it's amusing to see you repeatedly insist on angles and agendas.

Its incredibly simple. I don't think players should swear at fans. That's all. You are perfectly entitled to think otherwise and say it's fine. That's just a difference of opinion. But claiming swearing at fans is passion, is acceptable because he didn't launch a kick at the woman unlike Cantona, and equating mild objection with "rabidly enraged" or "trying to find an angle" is silly stuff.

Ok now that the kettle of piss has died down let’s concentrate on the Football Team.

They will be tough opponents, no cakewalk for the Packers.

At Lambeau they should win…… but…….Washington no pushover.

Bookies have us 7.5 point favourites, I'm expecting the win but I'd be surprised if we beat that spread.

Ugly stop start game in Lambeau, but a Packers win.

Wish they would learn to tackle instead of committing too early.

That said ,they suffered from injuries in the D and the O line so I’ll give them a pass.

Bit afraid of next Thursday though…………

• Advertisement

Arizona not looking much hotter against the Texans tonight despite the scoreline.

That being said, I'm not expecting the win next week.

A weird game tonight that seemed closer than the scoreline to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,011 ✭✭✭Blut2

Wins a win!

The Cardinals game I wouldn't be optimistic about winning either. But it should be very entertaining at least, hopefully a shootout between the QBs. Shame its on at an awful Irish time.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,368 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

That Washington game was a trap game. It was very easy for players and coaches to get caught out looking ahead to Thursday's game but they got the job done.

I think you have a great chance on Thursday. The Texans rattled Murray last night and that's great for the next team to play them which is you guys.

Only concern is have is your offensive line. Rodgers is great at escaping trouble but that's very hard to do against the Cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭cosatron

Good win. The defense is improving, very busy and Campbell is always around the ball. The offence hasn't clicked yet but is getting it done. Washington dline is very good and stuffed our run game, I don't think the Cardinals dline will be as good. I think we will give Cardinals a good game, Rodgers always plays well in arizona

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Short week, long trip. Won't be too surprised if they lose. They might get MVS and Smith back. Hope Crosby has his cleats on straight. 🤔

Bad news ….#17 out on Covid

Availability for Thursday in doubt.

Yikes. Thats really unfortunate given its a TNF week. If it was a Sunday game there would be some hope he'd have gotten two negative tests by then.

[quote]Allen Lazard was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list Tuesday as a close contact of teammate Davante Adams (illness), he isn't eligible to play Thursday against the Cardinals

Unlike Adams, Lazard hasn't tested positive for the virus. However, Rapoport notes that because Lazard is unvaccinated, he'll be away from the team for at least five days and will need to continue testing negative before clearing the NFL's COVID-19 protocol.[/quote]

Oh dear. With MVS still out this isn't looking good.

We gotta ride with what we got…….but this stuff doesn’t help.

We are 7-0 without Adams. We are go with allot tightend and running back plays and throw in a sprinkle of Randall cobb in the slot so this make actually work out against there dline, get the ball out fast

• Advertisement

Well that was a hell of a game. Not so enjoyable getting up for work this morning, but given the emotional rollercoaster that was the 4th quarter, worth it.

The exciting thing is when we sort out the red zone offence, this team will be very dangerous cause they are a gritty bunch and what about Campbell. I mention him every week, we are so use to poor ilb play that it's amazing the effect good ilb play does for the defence

Has anyone seen a replay which convincingly shows AJ33 didn't break the plane?

On my first watch I didn't think it was a TD, but I haven't seen a replay that is conclusive enough to overturn the ruling on the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Only saw the YT highlights, but a good win in a close game v an inform team is always good. Disappointing the quality of the finishing from close in, looked like the Packers should have wine easier than they did, but a good win nonetheless.

Didn't see that coming, big turnaround from week 1 and even a couple of lacklustre performances since. Not getting any hopes up. And a bit concerned about LaFleur saying they are sick about Tonyan's injury. But still, what a night. And it could have been more clearcut.

WOW

Suit up Mr Love….

Unless of course...

Don't worry, Blake Bortles is on his way! 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Rogers, a great player, but has proven himself to be a right ass over the last while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Advertisement