Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

Arawn wrote: »
    Tbh don't see it happening. Ravens are starting to get hot like we are but defensiveley, they pretty much shut down Megatron last night, who to be fair had a case of dropsies last night, but compared to what we did were the greastest D ever invented. IF AR is good to go then take the chains off. He'll beat ravens while shaking the ring rust off then **** the bears ( watching with a bears fan)

Are you mixing up the steelers and ravens?

I know what you are saying,,, on second thoughts I don't.

FALSE START...ARAWN --offence

5 yard penalty,repeat first down

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Wow had it in my head that we were up against ravens, Definately want him back against steelers

Wow had it in my head that we were up against ravens, Definately want him back against steelers

Me too, could be a very dangerous game though,especially after the high at Dallas.

Have to come down to earth and get a decisive crack at the Bears.

TE Quarless and WR Boykin very impressive v Dallas.

OLine iffy need to stiffen up.

But most of all, need to hurry the opposing QB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Rodgers out, Flynn to start against the Steelers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I know the Steelers have nothing to play for but they are on form & I'm sure would love the knock the Packers out of the playoffs.

We can't repeat a victory with a performance like last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

Mathematically the Steelers can still make the play-offs but the odds of everyone else losing are very remote.

A cold, snowy Lambeau Field is made for a power runner so lets hope Lacy is fit enough to pound out a huge game. Could well see Quarless and Kuhn having big games on offense as well.

Will be interesting to see if Randall Cobb is a late addition to the active roster, which would be a big boost for the team, with Jolly going on IR.

Meh, no confidence in this one tbh. Think it'll be a game too far for flynn, obviously hope im wrong

Meh, no confidence in this one tbh. Think it'll be a game too far for flynn, obviously hope im wrong

Think you could have a point there.
    Big Ben is one hard mutha to take down, could end badly

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

what percentage of health does Rodgers need to be for him to be green lighted for week 17 ?

Division title against the bears. He's playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

Division title against the bears. He's playing.

Agreed.

Given all the banged-up players we have our only hope is to have Aaron and Randall back.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Going to be missing this game.(Only one this season). So gonna DVR it and hope to avoid results until I watch it later that night/morning.

seiphil wrote: »
    Going to be missing this game.(Only one this season). So gonna DVR it and hope to avoid results until I watch it later that night/morning.

are you getting a few cancerous tumors removed or something?? :o why would you miss this!

are you getting a few cancerous tumors removed or something?? :o why would you miss this!

Night out with a few mates I havn't seen a good while. Never realised what date it was planned for. Disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Flynn is made for Green Bay. To play as solidly as he has after bouncing around the league this year and only joining up with the Packers mere days before starting is incredible. If the Packers had Flynn earlier this year they would probably be locked in by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Syferus wrote: »
    Flynn is made for Green Bay. To play as solidly as he has after bouncing around the league this year and only joining up with the Packers mere days before starting is incredible. If the Packers had Flynn earlier this year they would probably be locked in by now.

I agree, ye should play Flynn. Please, please, play Flynn!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭cosatron

I agree, ye should play Flynn. Please, please, play Flynn!

As I hope the bears still play cutler and leave mcgown on the bench

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I notice the Packers pass rush is out for the weekend.

Without him, it will be a lot tougher for Green Bay.

Lacy once again will be massive in this game. Bears giving away 160 rushing yards per game.

Reckon there will be plenty of TD'S!

I'm actually a bit confident if we have Flynn at the helm this week

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Any ideas what games are on sky on Sunday. Surely our clash with the bears or else cowboys/eagles should be on?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

digzy wrote: »
    Any ideas what games are on sky on Sunday. Surely our clash with the bears or else cowboys/eagles should be on?

Packers-Bears is indeed on at 9:25. Cowboys-Eagles is the late game (0130 on Monday).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

digzy wrote: »

'America's Team' will always get the preference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Thankfully that's the late game so Channel 4 will have it - I reckon GB/CHI has to be the game they show.

That's how it looks, Rodgers back... Get it on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Anyone else feel better about Sundays game being away from home?

I think we have played a bit better without the pressures of home field.
    (Not that the GB fans are bad in any way)

Anyone else feel better about Sundays game being away from home?

I think we have played a bit better without the pressures of home field.
    (Not that the GB fans are bad in any way)

You have a point there.

Maybe concentrates the players more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭cosatron

I think this is going to be a shoot out and hopefully AR will win. I've a feeling jordi will have a big one and lacy and Starks will go well but will our d make some plays. Can't wait. Go pack go

Advertisement