Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Raji turned down a contract averaging 8 million a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Arawn wrote: »
    Raji turned down a contract averaging 8 million a year.
    He's badly overvaluing himself, going by his last two years play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Noober question...

What is the GB salary budget per year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

Noober question...

What is the GB salary budget per year?

Just over 123 million bucks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Just over 123 million bucks

136 million from next year, bout 28 under cap but a lot of players up for contracts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

That's a terrific graphic.

The Raiders must have players on Jobs bridge to keep the wage bill down.

cobb activated from ir

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Arawn wrote: »
    cobb activated from ir

If he plays, then it could be a massive offensive performance.

• Advertisement

17-Packers-Aaron-Rodgers-Bears-Cutler-Handshake.jpg

Division champions, three years in a row! And the year before that, sure we only won the Superbowl. :D

Got to love Jordy though - he always seems to come up big when it matters - 10 catches for 160 yards today, and that screen he turned into a 20-25 yard gain was epic. I took a look and he was averaging over 65 yards a game without Rodgers, but at the rate he was going with #12 in the lineup this season extrapolated out to 16 matches, his numbers would have looked like this: 115 catches, 1,851 yards, 16 TDs. :eek:

He's not just big (6'3), strong and able to break tackles. He's not just as agile as any WR in the league. He not only can make catches that would make Megatron or Larry Fitzgerald's heads spin (not saying he's as good as them), blocks well and improvises when plays breaks down, but something non-Packer fans never seem to notice is that he's fast... really fast - I'd argue he's the fastest receiver in the division barring maybe Megatron. The connection him and Rodgers have is special, for me if there's one receiver we can't afford to let go to FA in the coming years (and with a QB like Rodgers, receivers are more expendable than some may think), it's Jordy.

Jordy Nelson is Batman!

Billy86 wrote: »
    17-Packers-Aaron-Rodgers-Bears-Cutler-Handshake.jpg

Division champions, three years in a row! And the year before that, sure we only won the Superbowl. :D

Got to love Jordy though - he always seems to come up big when it matters - 10 catches for 160 yards today, and that screen he turned into a 20-25 yard gain was epic. I took a look and he was averaging over 65 yards a game without Rodgers, but at the rate he was going with #12 in the lineup this season extrapolated out to 16 matches, his numbers would have looked like this: 115 catches, 1,851 yards, 16 TDs. :eek:

He's not just big (6'3), strong and able to break tackles. He's not just as agile as any WR in the league. He not only can make catches that would make Megatron or Larry Fitzgerald's heads spin (not saying he's as good as them), blocks well and improvises when plays breaks down, but something non-Packer fans never seem to notice is that he's fast... really fast - I'd argue he's the fastest receiver in the division barring maybe Megatron. The connection him and Rodgers have is special, for me if there's one receiver we can't afford to let go to FA in the coming years (and with a QB like Rodgers, receivers are more expendable than some may think), it's Jordy.

Jordy Nelson is Batman!
    I remember a few years ago some commentator called him sneaky fast/deceptive fast which when pressed said thats what you call fast white guys ha

I remember a few years ago some commentator called him sneaky fast/deceptive fast which when pressed said thats what you call fast white guys ha
    Always get a laugh out of that with a friend of mine - Welker's the same (though not as fast). I'm guessing it's because when most of these guys were playing/coaching, Proehl and Chrebet were among the bigger-name WRs.

Oh Jesus.

My head is bursting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

That touchdown from Boykin.

Loved Rodgers little smirk after it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Unreal ending. Great to have Rodgers and Cobb back they add so much to the offense.

49ers up next. We haven't done to well against these in the past few meetings but sure anything can happen.

seiphil wrote: »
    Unreal ending. Great to have Rodgers and Cobb back they add so much to the offense.

49ers up next. We haven't done to well against these in the past few meetings but sure anything can happen.

they've reined in kap this season, have a feeling he'll be let off the leash

Kinda says it al that.

Might have something to do with the comparatively poor record at Lambeau this season and the distrust in the defense.

Lost a lot more games there than 'normal'.

Would be a shame if the place wasn't full,although on the radio feed I listen to NFL Audio Pass the crowd never seems that voiciferous and loud.

I am expecting Vernon Davis to give us a hard time on Sun

The severe weather would put off a lot of travelling fans i'd say, plus the early reserve was a put off, season holders had to book during our 5 winless streak, It'll sell out imo, 7500 left to go before 4:30 today but can see the league giving an extension

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

That game will definitely sell out. You don't sell out pre season games (which I was at :D ) and then leave tickets unsold for the play offs!

That link is gone now and all so I wonder how true it was anyways.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

It's 100% true. There were 40,000 tickets still available on Monday, after season ticket holders had a chance to buy tickets, they then got another chance (by up to 4 per person/email address) and it went down to 13,000. There are still tickets on Ticketmaster as of right now.

While it probably will sell out before kick off it doesn't say much about the 100,000 waiting list for season tickets that they can't seem to sell out a home play off game.

I expect a fair few 49ers fans to make the trip, 49ers are putting on buses from airports in Milwaukee and Chicago as well as organizing hotel deals in those 2 cities.

ESPN Story here:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10222617/thousands-unsold-seats-lambeau-field

It'll sell out, 7500 left as that went to press yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

adrian522 wrote: »
    It's 100% true. There were 40,000 tickets still available on Monday, after season ticket holders had a chance to buy tickets, they then got another chance (by up to 4 per person/email address) and it went down to 13,000. There are still tickets on Ticketmaster as of right now.

While it probably will sell out before kick off it doesn't say much about the 100,000 waiting list for season tickets that they can't seem to sell out a home play off game.

I expect a fair few 49ers fans to make the trip, 49ers are putting on buses from airports in Milwaukee and Chicago as well as organizing hotel deals in those 2 cities.

ESPN Story here:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10222617/thousands-unsold-seats-lambeau-field

In fairness, -25 degrees celcius or so knocks off a huge amount of people who would support Green Bay. I'm astonished it's still not sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

-26 it's looking like to be on Sunday.

Good god that's outrageously cold. Will most certainly help us I would think.

SantryRed wrote: »
    In fairness, -25 degrees celcius or so knocks off a huge amount of people who would support Green Bay. I'm astonished it's still not sold out.
    I'd say that'd deter the san fran fans more than the packers fans
    seiphil wrote: »
    -26 it's looking like to be on Sunday.

Good god that's outrageously cold. Will most certainly help us I would think.

In four career games when temps were under 21 degrees, Rodgers has posted a 95.2 passer rating while averaging 255.2 passing yards and tossing six touchdowns against three interceptions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I don't think it will have much of an affect on the game to be honest.

SantryRed wrote: »

I disagree.

-25 is cold.... But it is also normal for the time of year.

Its not like the fans have not stood in similar temps before.

Heard on the radio that a lot of fans did not want to tie up several hundred dollars in tickets they felt wouldn't happen anyway (when the lions were in the driving seat).

We will see tomorrow if Packer Nation pulls through.... But they don't fear the cold.... They embrace it!

Absolutely, cold isn't an issue

• Advertisement

Latest is circa 5,000 tickets to sell with a deadline up to 10pm our time.

No chance of it being blacked-out.
    I'm sure the NFL will extend the deadline or the club/sponsor will buy them.

If..... And its an unlikely if, Green Bay & Milwaukee residents can't see the game they will be well cheesed off!

Advertisement