Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

Favre to be inducted into Packers Hall of Fame and number 4 retired, joining Canadeo 3, Hutson 14, Starr 15, Nitschke 66 and White 92.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11309498/brett-favre-number-retired-enter-packers-hall-fame-same-night

Unsurprisingly, social media reaction warm...but not unanimous...

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-fans-react-on-twitter-to-brett-favre-news-269864781.html?ipad=y

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Some news from camp ahead of the preseason opener next Saturday night.
    Coach Mike McCarthy confirmed tackle Don Barclay sustained a torn ACL in Tuesday’s practice.

Well there always seems to be at least one serious injury every year and this time it's Barclay. Can only hope that Sherrod steps up to what his potential was when we drafted him.
    Colt Lyerla is also out for a number of weeks with a knee injury.. as does Jared Abbredaris, except the WR's is more serious - a torn ACL

Lyerla was probably going to be a long term project anyways. It's just aswell we're fairly well stacked at WR but thought Abbredaris could've made an impact.
    Sixth round Demetri Goodson hasn't had the best camp so far. From dropping an interception on Aug. 1, giving up three touchdowns and getting flagged for pass interference three days later and getting called for holding Randall Cobb on Aug. 5, the sixth-round rookie doesn't have many moments to point to over the last two weeks to justify landing a job in Green Bay.[/qupte]
    The outside linebackers group is a crowded one, but Carl Bradford is making an impact. He forced DuJuan Harris to fumble five yards behind the line of scrimmage at a recent practice, per Tyler Dunne of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, and the paper's Tom Silverstein commented earlier in camp on Bradford's great leverage when he pushed Andrew Quarless three yards into the backfield earlier in camp.
    Corey Linsley has been impressing at center but JC Tretter still has the confidence of Aaron Rodgers "JC's doing a really nice job. Understands the offense and is a fast learner. He's holding his own, and that's important."

Mind you, AR coming out to praise his center tends to lead to that center exiting! :pac:
    Micah Hyde and Ha Ha were taking first team reps at safety with Morgan Burnett sitting out with an ankle injury.

Must say I was impressed with Hyde when he did play last year (don't think we'll be ever able to erase that drop against the 49ers tho!) so it's good that we now have decent guys at a position we've tended to struggle with.

More interestingly at TE -
    Richard Rodgers has easily had the best camp of any Packers rookie this offseason. Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel noted that, "when the ball is in his vicinity TE Richard Rodgers catches it" with "hands like vices."

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Did anybody watch the game in full last night? Only seen highlights myself. Some crazy weather which made it very difficult to play in which rookie Adams found out.....twice.

Anyway from the highlights the running game looked on form and our secondary is making tackles. Which Brad Jones is not. Would like to see Lattimore come in for Jones to be honest. Nothing else really stood out for me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Watched the condensed version on game pass

Conditions were awful, Adams suffered but all 3 QBs messed up receiving the snap or handing off

You guys ran through our D in the first quarter, our back up TE made some good catches over the middle in space.

Hard to call out anything in those conditions though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

Unfortunate to lose B.J. Raji, with a torn bicep, looked like he was ready to have a stormer of a season :(

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

they were putting him in to play where he wanted to play at nose tackle - he hasnt been great the last 2 years but he seemed happier this off season and I was looking forward to him having a good season! Gonna be interesting - talk of having a rookie put at nose in his place!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Lyeria reached an injury settlement with packers, what this means is we can bring him back after week 14 this season, what it also means is after week 8 he can sign with another team. His agent is talking about hopefully the packers bringing him back, hopefully he will realise what a good landing spot greenbay is and keep his head down, rehab and resign with us

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Well, who's staying up?

everyone??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Yep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

Gonna try & get a few hours kip now & wake up at 1.30 :D

Going to try stay up for the lot but have a wedding to go to in the morning to get my **** together for. I should probably just shower and shave tonight and sleep in the suit.

If it was a play-off game I would but I'm going to record it and get up early to watch it before work (with a lot of fast-forward!)

WakeyTyke wrote: »
    If it was a play-off game I would but I'm going to record it and get up early to watch it before work (with a lot of fast-forward!)

its the bloody opening game!!

Afraid my job comes first, wish I could manage on a few hours sleep but I can't. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I'll watch the first hour or so and then record the rest, probably.

Going to try stay up for the lot but have a wedding to go to in the morning to get my **** together for. I should probably just shower and shave tonight and sleep in the suit.

That's the spirit!

Though looking at this defence, maybe some shut eye would be better.

capers needs to be fired. 2 years ago.

• Advertisement

Dom Capers:

tumblr_m21mt5h4oY1qfl39yo1_500.png

401 yards given up so far

401 yards given up so far
    210 on the ground, at 6.17 per carry. A long of only 21 just to show how consistent it all was.

Its funny, I could swear we all called EXACTLY this the very day they announced Capers was not being fired back in January.

Billy86 wrote: »
    210 on the ground, at 6.17 per carry. A long of only 21 just to show how consistent it all was.

Its funny, I could swear we all called EXACTLY this the very day they announced Capers was not being fired back in January.

Hey guys run up the centre, throw there all you want but you better not run left or right because we might have a guy withing 10 yards of you then so yeah....

Also our o line is already ****ed for the year. Rodgers made some bad decisions in the game and the pack going for it on 4 and 5 when the clock ****ed up, obvious what was happening didn't help, and this run eddie lacey outside bull**** needs to stop

Also our o line is already ****ed for the year. Rodgers made some bad decisions in the game and the pack going for it on 4 and 5 when the clock ****ed up, obvious what was happening didn't help, and this run eddie lacey outside bull**** needs to stop

We made some terrible decisions and play calling last night. The one thing you don't do against the Seahawks is run plays outside the line because they're so quick at getting to the RB that they just knock him back when he's no momentum going forward. And screen passes are the same (think you made the same point in the week 1 thread). You need to make quick throws and batter them up the middle to hopefully keep their defensive line and linebackers honest.

Mind you, if we give up that yardage and that points total every week we're aswell to pack it in anyways. A blind man can see that Dom Capers isn't capable of doing his job.

even more good news, eddie lacey out with concussion

I'm going to say something highly controversial right now so calm down.....

If McCarthy insists on keeping Dam capers after this season does anyone else think he should be moved on, stagnation and regression is what has happened to us since the SB win and even that year the D wasn't impressive

I'm going to say something highly controversial right now so calm down.....

If McCarthy insists on keeping Dam capers after this season does anyone else think he should be moved on, stagnation and regression is what has happened to us since the SB win and even that year the D wasn't impressive

I am almost at the point of saying if Ted insists on it he should go too, and I am a MASSIVE TT fan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Question to Packer nation.

Is there a preferred radio station for games?

Advertisement