Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I don't think either have anything to prove so I don't think so. I was looking forward to the game all year and pregame I was reading a lot of Pats media sources. Read one interview where Brady said he loves when they run the ball well. Said he prefers nothing more than handing the ball off, because it's takes the pressure of him and is less riskier than passing it. I expected them to run it maybe 30 - 30+ times against our crap run defense. Baffled why they didn't and I'm glad that McDaniel's tried to be too clever for his own good.

I think you are severely underestimating the competitiveness players have nothing to prove. Rodgers is the only qb in the nfl that brady has never beat in a game bith players started in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

I think you are severely underestimating the competitiveness players have nothing to prove.

Have no idea what you're trying to say there.
    Rodgers is the only qb in the nfl that brady has never beat in a game bith players started in

Quite wrong I'm afraid. In 2012 Brady lost to Wilson and Kapernick. And what does that mean? Well it means absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I see the only truely elite qb in the league led another 4th quarter comeback last night meanwwhile watch tonight as our ****ty "qb" throws 0tds and 49ints so he doesn't get the best td : int record through 100 starts in nfl history. We may aswell see if we can get a 6th round pick for him this off season. Matt flynn is the future

Goddamn it.. no 4th quarter comeback this game either by the looks of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Goddamn it.. no 4th quarter comeback this game either by the looks of things.

I guess we'll just have to suffice with his 38 TDs and 3 picks in 12 games (since we were so far ahead in 4 home games that he sat out over a full game between them). His QB rating also continues to slide... it's all the way down to 119.0 now!

Oh hey, guess what? Jordy Nelson. 60 yard TD last night. Don't think anyone saw that one coming. 22 catches in the last 3 games will give him 100, to go with his 1,265 yards and league leading 12 TDs (with Julius Thomas).

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭jman0war

I don't know about you but I remain unconvinced by our Defense and am of the opinion that it will cost us the SB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

jman0war wrote: »
    I don't know about you but I remain unconvinced by our Defense and am of the opinion that it will cost us the SB.

i think that is the worry for every packer fan - improvements made on the defense side of the ball - but we are still vunerable - what happened last night has been coming the last few weeks - that we seem to storm ahead - then take the foot off the gas and relax - falcons nearly made us pay - in saying that falcons d line is horrible - rodgers had soooo much time last night! Offense look strong - so as worried as i am defensively - i consider it like real madrid or barcelona - we can out score any team!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

jman0war wrote: »

I see AJ Hawk had less than 10 defensive snaps last night for the first time since 2008. He was my favourite player coming out of that draft class and I was delighted he was drafted by the Packers. He had a brilliant rookie season but thereafter he was more solid than brilliant like he was in college. I'd always look out for his stats from 2006 on and he immediately was my favourite player after he was drafted.

The move to inside linebacker in the 3-4 scheme did go well for him initially but he has regressed the past few years, especially in pass coverage. It's a pity to see him get so much abuse these days as he is close to or maybe even is, the teams leading tackler in franchise history. He's always had the team needs first whether it be a position switch or a contract restructure and I'd love to see him get another ring. Maybe other players deserve one more and I completely agree that he is more of a liability in there now than a help, but he's an old favourite of mine that I've followed since his early days in Ohio State. If anyone wants to see how good he was they should take a look at that game he played in 2006 Fiesta Bowl when he owned Brady Quinn and the Fighting Irish. Gas the way things work out as at the time he was dating Brady's sister and is married with kids with her now. He won the Lombardi Award for best linebacker that year when Patrick Willis and Paul Poz were in that draft class.

Anyway a bit of a ramble and slightly off topic but just wanted to convince any pre 2010 viewers or guys that have started following the NFL or the Packers closely in maybe the last 5 years that he actually was a brilliant player in his day. You can't help having a soft spot for some guys :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭cosatron

You don't have to look back before 2010 for a good AJ Hawk performance, he had a stellar game against the ravens last year in Baltimore. But I think his gotten a bit inconsistent and is being bullied a bit on the run game due to lack of size and is a bit slow on pass coverage, but as you said, a heck of a pro and a good lad to have around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I've only been watching since 2010, but I think he's played pretty much every game I've seen. Looking up the stats I see he has only missed two games in his career. He's got 5 100+ tackle seasons and close to 100 in the rest. He's been an extremely solid player for quite a while, but of late has been a bit suspect on passing downs. I think it says a lot about him that he has stayed and that the Packers have wanted to keep him for so long. Only 2 others from the top ten picks that year are still with their original teams. If he keeps going for another few seasons he will smash the tackle record for the Packers. I'm glad that on a defence that has been riddled with injuries there has been at least one player who's been able to play nearly every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

cosatron wrote: »
    You don't have to look back before 2010 for a good AJ Hawk performance, he had a stellar game against the ravens last year in Baltimore. But I think his gotten a bit inconsistent and is being bullied a bit on the run game due to lack of size and is a bit slow on pass coverage, but as you said, a heck of a pro and a good lad to have around.

Ah it wasn't that I was looking for a big performance as such, it was only to highlight that the last few years he's been in decline and if people had started watching from say 2010 on our so, they might think he was always this limited middle linebacker whereas he was and maybe should have been this terrorising outside linebacker in the Clay Mattews mould. If I remember correctly guys like Clay Mattews and Brian Cushing had long hair in tribute to AJ Hawk while in USC? Anyway as I said, just a cap doff to probably my favourite player the last ten years or so including when he was in college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Rodgers was probably thinking "Ah that's enough work... I can rest the 4th quarter again....What wait happened?"

From a Fantasy POV im more than happy with this but I dont like the unevenness of the Defence.

As long as Rodgers keeps firing more than they can concede...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Anyone pm a thread for tonight's game at the bills. I usually watch redzone on sky bug we're nog getting much time tonight

This loss is my fault. My Aaron Rodgers Jersey arrived on Friday and I wore it for the first time today watching the game....

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭jman0war

Well that sucked. Should put the muzzle on talk of going to the SB.
    We can aim for an NFC Championship game in Seattle.

Seattle and New England in the SB.

well, there goes the SB. Our only hope of reaching it was through lambeau but I don't think that's going to happen now as our road form is poor enough having losses in Seattle, Detroit, New Orleans and buffalo. Defence played well, only given up 12 points and o-line was excellent again and hopefully bulaga was only taken off for mandatory concussion examination, but Rodgers and receivers were poor and some play calling was a bit meow, we should of ran the ball more in 4th quarter, example, we had a third and 2 and we threw it and got intercepted, why didn't we run it when we were having success and bulaga got the bang on the same play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

It could've been a very different game had Jordy Nelson caught that pass from Rodgers in the 3rd Q. Packers would've gone ahead and more than likely would've won.

cosatron wrote: »
    well, there goes the SB. Our only hope of reaching it was through lambeau but I don't think that's going to happen now as our road form is poor enough having losses in Seattle, Detroit, New Orleans and buffalo. Defence played well, only given up 12 points and o-line was excellent again and hopefully bulaga was only taken off for mandatory concussion examination, but Rodgers and receivers were poor and some play calling was a bit meow, we should of ran the ball more in 4th quarter, example, we had a third and 2 and we threw it and got intercepted, why didn't we run it when we were having success and bulaga got the bang on the same play.

r e l a x

r e l a x

Lol. All I know, judging by post match interviews, is that I would not like to be a member of the Tampa bay secondary.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

look its not ideal but maybe just maybe it might calm some of the players down a bit - take a break and win our next 2 games - regardless now we are gonna be on the road - the only team i would fear in the playoffs away is Seahawks - not much in the way of offense but defensively seem to be clicking at the moment!
    Jordi should have caught that ball tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

That was frustrating viewing last night. When Jordy Nelson is dropping key passes, you know its just not going to happen. Throw in two INT's for Rodgers and you know its definitely not your day.

Just got to go and win the last two games and take what comes our way. We were always going to have to beat the Lions anyways, now it just comes down to whether the Seahawks can slip up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

We've still got the Bucs away then the Lions at home - win those two, and we still win the division. Travelling to Arizona with their QB situation does not worry me much to be honest (and they lost this week too and are on the slide, so that's hardly solidified in itself), and travelling to Dallas does not exactly terrify me either. Travelling to Seattle is far more worrisome... so let's hope the Cardinals (in Arizona) or Rams (in Seattle) can find a way to do us a favour.

Personally I think the stumble is a good thing. Puts a reality brake on.

They are still good enough to win the division and get to the play offs but they may have burned their seeding chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Playoffs baby!! Bring on the Lions next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Playoffs baby!! Bring on the Lions next week :D

Much as I don't like the packers, the lions seriously bother me at this point, and I've huge respect for Rodgers, I'd be happy enough to see ye beat them.

No chance ye could both lose, no?

For **** sake the sb is gone, playoffs are gone, trade rodgers for luck, and all that other ****e people were saying about a 10-4 now an 11-4 team. I never see such overreactions by fans in any other sport

For **** sake the sb is gone, playoffs are gone, trade rodgers for luck, and all that other ****e people were saying about a 10-4 now an 11-4 team. I never see such overreactions by fans in any other sport

R E L A X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Remind me how we were seeded the last time we won the sb?

There is no chance of a Superbowl, not in the slightest, but a playoff season is a good season.
    Poo. When we beat the lions, we will be no 2 seed with a bye and game at lambeau and our defence is getting hot right now and you never know what can happen in an NFC title game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

There is no chance of a Superbowl, not in the slightest, but a playoff season is a good season.

Don't be ridiculous, I'd have us as favourites to win the NFC, especially if we beat the Lions

Advertisement