Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

absolutely possible to get tickets - doesnt sell out quick but in saying that if packers are playing then i think it will sell out quicker than normal - prob the same for pats i assume

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

I know it's a bit off topic but what's the handiest way to see the packers games here? I've sky anyway but they only feature a few of our games in the reg season.

Would one sign up to game pass or is there a good site for streaming the live games. Is there such a thing as a 'packers pass'!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

You can sign up for a follow your team subscription on game pass. I think it works out less expensive than the regular sub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

FIFTEEN MINUTES, LADS!! :D

Really wanna see some of the fringe guys in action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Billy86 wrote: »
    FIFTEEN MINUTES, LADS!! :D

Really wanna see some of the fringe guys in action.

pats tonight is it?

The qb who over inflates the ball vs tthe qb thats knows nothing abouyt underinflated balls

Godgers vs. The Brevil... yeah, I'll work on it. :o

Really wanna see Randall, Rollins and Ryan on defence, with the gaps in their positions and upside of all three.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Good solid performance. CBs look very good, so did Tolzien. Usual suspects - ie run defense and red zone offense - again cause for concern.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Good solid performance. CBs look very good, so did Tolzien. Usual suspects - ie run defense and red zone offense - again cause for concern.

What makes it worse they repeatidly went for it on 4th so looked even lamer than usual in red zone

What makes it worse they repeatidly went for it on 4th so looked even lamer than usual in red zone

I think the lack of a top TE is seriously hurting them.

• Advertisement

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I think the lack of a top TE is seriously hurting them.

We haven't had one in a while, As much as I liked Finlay, that ****er was as likely to drop the ball as catch it

Patww79 wrote: »
    I think Richard Rogers will get near the 700 yard mark this season.

Really? I don't see it to be honest.

More likely is Quarless and DickRod being rotated, and used almost as last resorts and blockers imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Quarless has done a lot of damage to his reps with the arrest this offseason! Think Packers were sniffing around Jermaine Gresham before cardinals picked him up so they know its an issue! Whilst i dont think that Rodgers will get near the 700 mark i do think that he will get 5-6 TDs with around 400-500 yard production - which will only strengthen our offense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

The qb who over inflates the ball vs tthe qb thats knows nothing abouyt underinflated balls

Who cares? They're the best QB's in the league and that's all anyone needs to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Jordy Nelson may be out for the year with an ACL injury. :(

Watched it live and thought he had just sprained his ankle. What a disaster, fcuk pre season :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Yeah that's a massive blow. Cobb and Adams could have been taking on second and third choice cornerbacks with Jordy there and that changes the dynamic big time. Rodgers will find guys and still put up great numbers but just means that there will be that bit more pressure on Lacy to perform better than last year along with some production for the TEs

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

The only positive we can take is that it happened in week 2 of the preseason rather than than week 2 of the regular season

• Advertisement

thats a week less of having jordy when it matters, not a good positive

Way to stomping on the only positive thought I could muster from the energy man 😂😂😂..still though at least Janis or Montgomery have 2 weeks to get some reps in with the #1's

Depressing

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Gutted by this. He has been such a weapon the past few years. I know we have other threats but Jordy was so reliable in times you needed him to make the big plays.

I still think we will do ok with Cobb and Adams as the main men now. Hopefully Montgomery or Abbrederis can step up.

Just please. No more injuries.

The long bombs from Rodgers to Nelson were my favourite part of NFL :(

seiphil wrote: »
    Gutted by this. He has been such a weapon the past few years. I know we have other threats but Jordy was so reliable in times you needed him to make the big plays.

I still think we will do ok with Cobb and Adams as the main men now. Hopefully Montgomery or Abbrederis can step up.

lol we're the packers, expect cobb to go down by week 1

seiphil wrote: »

6RnOVaMNkQIo0.gif

You must be new to following the Packers; welcome. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

On a somewhat related point, Davante Adams would be a good fantasy pick-up. I expect him to pick up a lot of the slack and Rodgers (TE) and the running game will pick up the rest.

• Advertisement

If GN limit his and Cobb's snaps to keep them healthy, I would also very much advise betting on Adams to get over his projected yards in the first few games. I'm guessing the bookies will mainly just skyrocket the yards Cobb would need to get, but we all know how much A-a-ron likes to spread it around regardless of who is or is not available.

Advertisement