Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Patww79 wrote: »
    Is James Jones still on the market?

I wouldnt bother, for me the silver lining here is that Adams will get a tonne of experience, and that we have 3 raw/inexperienced guys with high upside in Janis, Abbrederis and Montgomery who will get a big chance to establish themselves off the back of this.

Granted, when I say "silver lining" I mean "steaming pile of **** loosely wrapped in tinfoil". But still...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Jones went to the Giants IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Well that's just going to make the SB win all the better isn't it?

(Illusion rather than despair..)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I'm still holding out hope (may be false) on Abbrederis coming back from injury and doing well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Hopefully Cobb and bulaga are good for week 1..we should just forfeit next week to avoid anymore drama ha

Hundley has looked phenomenal this preseason, far more importantly than numbers at this point he has flashed so many intangibles like poise, composure, intelligence, pocket presence, play action (he's been tricking me all night) and even presnap. But for the sake of it, here is his preseason stat line...

45-of-65 (69.2%) for 630 yards (9.7 per attempt), 7 TDs, 1 INT and a 129.65 rating.

:eek: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Who'll wear #89? :eek:

459463438.jpg

temp121007-colts-packers-jb-12--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Decisions, decisions...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

ou could pair me with AR and itd work jobes will be replaced by a rookie by the 8th game imob

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Confirmation that Jones is back. Harsh on White to lose out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

It's a good plan for the first half of the season to add some immediate experience without having to build chemistry from scratch with Rogers.

You'd have to feel for Myles White, who seemed to have done well enough to claim a spot.

Following up on a previous post, Jones will retake his #89 jersey, while Rodgers moves to #82.

Pherekydes: always first with the important stuff. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

I see that the Packers were quick to sign Abbrederis to their practice squad after he cleared waivers. They obviously see potential in the former Wisconsin Badger but it's his health that is the problem. Missed his whole rookie season with a pre-season torn ACL and suffered a concussion on the first day of training camp and missed all but two sessions this year. Hopefully he gets an injury free run and sees some regular season action at some stage this year.

Also the promising but trouble TE Colt Lyerla is trying his hand at rugby in France this year. Is an incredible athlete but off the field problems and injuries have curtailed him so far. Seems he's going to try and go in the opposite direction of Jarryd Hayne!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Huawei Gallagher

Just got an email from NFL UK News, its seems Bears vs Green Bay will be shown on Pick TV (Sky 152), Sunday 5:30 . I assume its Freeview:) For anyone like me too poor for Sky Sports/gamepass! Other games may be shown, see below:

Quote from EMail below:
    Even those without access to Sky Sports can catch some action, with Sunday’s game in Chicago also aired live on Pick TV. That will be the first of several games on an occasional basis to be shown across non-sports channels during the season, including the final six Sunday Night Football games on Sky One. You can find Pick TV on these channels; Freeview (11), Freesat (144), Sky (152), Virgin Media (123).

PS: Go Bears!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

PS: Go Bears!

Every year the Packers best signing is Jay Cutlers continued existence in Chicago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Huawei Gallagher

Every year the Packers best signing is Jay Cutlers continued existence in Chicago :D
    Sadly I agree with you! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Who should they have picked up instead of him?

Who should they have picked up instead of him?

Matt Flynn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Matt Flynn.

I'm going to assume that's a joke.

jamarcusx-large.jpg

Looms like no one on the "week 1" thread has picked the Bears to win.

As a Packers fan who remembers the maulings at the hands of Ditka's Bears in the 80s, have to admit I face every game in Chicago with a bit of concern. Of course in recent years it's been comfortable enough...but with no Nelson I worry, even if everyone is writing off the Bears this season. It's the grudging respect that I always have for them, even when they're down I'd never write them off in this particular fixture.

My heart sank when I read the first paragraph, I was wondering what had I missed that was so bad.

It wasn't till the last line I realised it was written from the other perspective!

Now I'm concerned again!

I hate it when everyone gets very confident about a Packers win. It's only recently I thought that anything better than 8-8 was grand and my expectations started to increase!

With Nelson out, I feel like even more pressure is gonna be heaped on Lacey's shoulders. Now I'm a huge fan, I love that we have a bell cow with a bit more to his game, we all know how long it's been since we can rely on a running back week in week out. It's just that Nelson was so reliable, I wonder how this will affect Rodgers and the whole set up.

• Advertisement

Advertisement