Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Some people just need to sit back, unwind and...

Screen-2Bshot-2B2014-09-23-2Bat-2B3.26.10-2BPM.png

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Game Day!

Excited for this now. I would say Lacey will be getting a good bit of the ball and Rodgers to spread it around field without much trouble.

Not sure what to expect with the D. I suppose we will be guaranteed a few picks seeing as its Cutler. I just hope we see some decent coverage and actually making tackles.

All I can see is a Pack win and a good start to the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

PEPPERS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

That one-handed catch from Lacy, man!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Pherekydes wrote: »
    temp121007-colts-packers-jb-12--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
    Quoted for future reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Potentially costly penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Who the hell is jones? (Says the guy with Rodgers X2, Cobb and Adams on various fantasy teams)

• Advertisement

Run D has been piss poor

Agent J wrote: »
    Who the hell is jones? (Says the guy with Rodgers X2, Cobb and Adams on various fantasy teams)

Cult legend, big play/occasional TD machine who also makes some incredible brainfarts too along the lines of drops and fumbles. Was a really good 3rd receiver for years before Cobb took his place, including a 14 TD season in 2012 but wanted starting time and more money, so went elsewhere and flopped. If he had more consistency/awareness/intelligence to his game he had all the other tools to be a multiple time all pro. Still, a very good and solid WR who Rodgers knows well.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Cult legend, big play/occasional TD machine who also makes some incredible brainfarts too along the lines of drops and fumbles. Was a really good 3rd receiver for years before Cobb took his place, including a 14 TD season in 2012 but wanted starting time and more money, so went elsewhere and flopped. If he had more consistency/awareness/intelligence to his game he had all the other tools to be a multiple time all pro. Still, a very good and solid WR who Rodgers knows well.

Correction: He is the greatest WR of all timeseseses.

temp121007-colts-packers-jb-12--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Adams is already looking better this year.

Jones? It is believed some people in GB are happy that he's back. Possibly.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Run defence going to be a massive problem again. Forte with 132 already in the third quarter. Needs to be addressed if the packers are to go deep this year

Very important stop there

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Booom!

At least we got the W. Very poor overall though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

limerickfc wrote: »
    At least we got the W. Very poor overall though

Bit harsh on the offence....defence were awful though

• Advertisement

Ya the O wasn't bad by any accounts..just felt like it cause we seen so little of em, & thankfully Rodgers seems fresh and mobile..way too many penalties though was stressing the life outta me

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

Pi$$ poor tackling again :mad:

Only for Seattles O-line is so bad, id be worried about losing next wk....fingers crossed the run D improves before next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Pi$$ poor tackling again :mad:

Only for Seattles O-line is so bad, id be worried about losing next wk....fingers crossed the run D improves before next week!

Lynch will have a ****ing field day

Lynch will have a ****ing field day

Yeah Lynch has always torn it up against the Packers but even still I fancy us to do them this week. I think it will be a "statement" performance -- I don't think you can coach hunger and the lads will be absolutely flying around in training this week wanting to put the wrongs of the NFC championship game behind them. I'm putting myself out there to be shot at but I think the Packers will win by 10+

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Yeah Lynch has always torn it up against the Packers but even still I fancy us to do them this week. I think it will be a "statement" performance -- I don't think you can coach hunger and the lads will be absolutely flying around in training this week wanting to put the wrongs of the NFC championship game behind them. I'm putting myself out there to be shot at but I think the Packers will win by 10+

I think that's a tad optimistic, but this is a revenge game for sure.

The Seahawks will do what they always do: beat the living **** out of us up and down the field, be bigger, faster, stronger and meaner than us, and either walk over us altogether or take the lead on when we are beaten and broken. It's wash, rinse, repeat at this stage.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I will be. And if we don't play CM III inside and a lot, Lynch is more likely to go for over 200 yards than he is to go for under 150.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Billy86 wrote: »
    The Seahawks will do what they always do: beat the living **** out of us up and down the field, be bigger, faster, stronger and meaner than us, and either walk over us altogether or take the lead on when we are beaten and broken. It's wash, rinse, repeat at this stage.

The NFC game was lost more due to the negative tactics of McCarthy and just plain 'ol throwing away a big lead and caving under pressure.

Let's not forget that up until the Seahawks comeback, Wilson was having a stinker of a game and GB were deservedly in front. What happened after had more to do with GB caving than the Seahawks' battering finally taking it's toll imo.

I think that's a tad optimistic, but this is a revenge game for sure.

Yeah might be but just think they will be seriously ready to go for this week. Primetime slot too. I'd be more confident if the Hawks hadn't have dropped a clanger in St. Louis as that will have focussed the minds on their side too. They will also get a huge morale boost if Kam is in the lineup also. Lot of factors in this one but hoping it goes GB's way. Aslo, it's always good to throw in a bold prediction now and again and get a few people off the fence a bit! ha! :pac:

Have lost the last 3 v Seahawks, but really should have won 2 that will go down in infamy, the Golden Tate TD and of course that game...

• Advertisement

The NFC game was lost more due to the negative tactics of McCarthy and just plain 'ol throwing away a big lead and caving under pressure.

Let's not forget that up until the Seahawks comeback, Wilson was having a stinker of a game and GB were deservedly in front. What happened after had more to do with GB caving than the Seahawks' battering finally taking it's toll imo.

Andrthat'seavhugeepartrofstheeproblemj-itheynownxusfmentally.oRodgersrbeingtafraidhofepassingwtoiSherman`snside, looking nervous at times in the NFC game, McCarthy reverting into his shell with a lead, etc etc... we clearly do nto only respect but fear them. We are more afraid of this Seattle team than anyone we have feared in my whole time watching the team, it really is kind of disturbing.

Advertisement