Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Billy86 wrote: »
    Andrthat'seavhugeepartrofstheeproblemj-itheynownxusfmentally.oRodgersrbeingtafraidhofepassingwtoiSherman`snside, looking nervous at times in the NFC game, McCarthy reverting into his shell with a lead, etc etc... we clearly do nto only respect but fear them. We are more afraid of this Seattle team than anyone we have feared in my whole time watching the team, it really is kind of disturbing.
    he went after him last year I thought!

Barrington done for the season, 1 game in and two starters injured for the season and cobb nursing an injury too, oh fun of being a packers fan when it comes to injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Are there any FA ILBs worth picking up? We're seriously light there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Burnett could move Down to plays CM3 spot when he goes outside on 3rd downs. Not ideal but he's reliable atleast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Patww79 wrote: »
    Is this Jake Ryan in the lineup now?

Yeah you'd have to think so. Maybe a combo of him, Neal and Perry with Matthews rotating between positions is what they'll try. Certainly not ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Baffling that GB are favourites against the Seahawks....

The Bears put up over 400yds on them. I'm certain the Hawks will top that.

Seahawks beaten by the Rams in St. Louis. Even though they are the reigning two time NFL champs, the match is in GB and they would have to be at least slight favs.

Rodgers hasn't thrown a pick since 2012 in Green Bay. If the defence can even semi function I think we can pull it off.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Rodgers hasn't thrown a pick since 2012 in Green Bay. If the defence can even semi function I think we can pull it off.

kind of hard to run throw the ball when Lynch is marching it up and down the field at will

• Advertisement

baluga out for 4-6 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

So....Who's staying up for this?

Thinking about it. Also have work at half 8 in the morning.

seiphil wrote: »

ill stay up for the first half, college in the morning

Gamepass job tomorrow morning, and try and avoid all news sites till then :P

Drinking cans now, so will crash and have a nap in an hour or so, and no doubt wake up around 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Reporter: Aaron, you were 9-for-9 in that fourth quarter. What makes you so good at home?
    Rodgers (with a big cheesy grin): Iiiit's Sunday night football baby! :D

Jeyrone Elliott is going to get a hell of a lot of credit for this win, and the fourth quarter defensive play - and he deserves it. Personally though, I think it had more to do with my extensive reverse-jinxing all week (there's hidden text in all my negative posts :p ), I think we can all agree that made far more of a difference than some fringe defensive lineman.

Still, let's let him have the credit for this, it should boost his confidence moving forward.

But we all know.............. :pac:

Cracking end to the weekend, time to go to bed!

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Yeah Lynch has always torn it up against the Packers but even still I fancy us to do them this week. I think it will be a "statement" performance -- I don't think you can coach hunger and the lads will be absolutely flying around in training this week wanting to put the wrongs of the NFC championship game behind them. I'm putting myself out there to be shot at but I think the Packers will win by 10+

Didn't get the + part but the pack were full value for the 10 pt win. I know it's early days but they are in the driving seat for number 1 seed now

had to go to bed at 13-10 ****ing delighted

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭cosatron

scans on lacy came back negative, I think, just rolled his ankle. Good result, considering losing bulaga, barrington and lacy during the game, Barclay done well at right tackle, palmer seems good in pass coverage but needs to be able to read the game better, hopefully that will come with experience. Matthews was awesome as usual, he was everywhere, impressed with perry, neal and datone jones and raji looks back to his best. GODGERS is just amazing sometimes, throwing with his feet off the ground with the accuracy is so pleasing. Ty mountgomery looks like tight end but plays like a receiver. All in all a good nights work.

Rodgers' last 16 games at home (playoffs included).

35.1 PPG
    4,706 yards (9.2 Y/A)
    356/513 passing (69.4%)
    43 TDs
    0 INTs
    126.1 passer rating

Let's hope it continues against the Chiefs!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Billy86 wrote: »
    Let's hope it continues against the Chiefs!

The Chiefs are one of only 2 teams that Rodgers has yet to beat. (Bengals are the other)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Pherekydes wrote: »
    The Chiefs are one of only 2 teams that Rodgers has yet to beat. (Bengals are the other)

Wow, really? That's pretty interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

Delighted to beat the Seahawks. Hopefully they'll continue on a downward slide now and it would be even better still if Chancellor never suits up for them again. They aren't the same defense without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Delighted to beat the Seahawks. Hopefully they'll continue on a downward slide now and it would be even better still if Chancellor never suits up for them again. They aren't the same defense without him.

Chancellor has returned to the Hawks.

It's funny for all the talk that has been mentioned of Chancellor not playing effecting the game though, that people forget we were without our #1 WR (and top 5-8 in the league), our starting RT, our starting RB (and a key, key player), one of our starting ILBs, and one of our starting defensive linemen. Chancellor was literally the only starting player, or even player of any real prominence, missing from the Seahawks.

It's also funny that there has been a fair bit of noise about an apparent false start causing offsides to incorrectly be called against them in a big part of the match. Yet no mention of Seattle's second of their two TDs to start the second half coming off of exactly that happening - otherwise it would have been 4th and 6 (if I recall) and a certain FG for Haushka.

Credit to them though, nobody had beaten Seattle by more than 9 points since 2011 before this game :eek: . So it may not have been one of last years Lambeau blowouts, but it's still pretty impressive nonetheless.

James Starks deserves a tonne of credit for alleviating that with 95 yards on 20 carries by the way. I really like his violent style of running for parts of the second half to just keep punishing opposing defenses, but he doesn't always get it done for the full game when needed. He did here, and it was huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Whats the vibe for Kansas this weekend?

I've only seen the highlights of their game against Denver & I think this will be a big challenge for the Packers.

In A-rod we trust I suppose, and hopefully an unscathed victory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Yea I seen the full game with Denver.,Barclays gonna have his hands full with Houston for pretty much every snap..they were better than Denver by a mile, just a 2
    Minute implosion at the end

Advertisement