Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

YUP, the "over the middle first down" "straight up the middle first down" record and put it on loop cos they were shocking defensively and offence was wretched

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I'm literally struggling to take a single positive from that game. Crosby kicked ok???

At least it can't get any worse, hopefully that kicks them into action.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭jman0war

I was doubtful about this game because I figured the Bronocs would be really fired up.
    Once the crowd gets into it Packers just melt.
    I also figured the Bronocs would be studying tape and would be well marshalled.

McCarthy on the other hand gave the team a week off after the Chargers game.
    While that is a nice reward for the team for a 6-0 start; i thought it communicated complacency.

There were obvious problems particularly on Offense and it just took a really good defense to expose it completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

I hope to go that broncos game has kicked the arse off that team! the worrying part was a top rated defence was bad against an average offense - second worst issue is the lack of separation that our wide recievers get (rodgers didnt play bad last week) - the final issue i have then is running game - teams are closing lanes and lacy looks slow... so very slow!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Time to take out the frustration from last weeks game

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

In the race for home field advantage I really hope we can eek a win out against a pretty good Panthers team.

Rollins,Shields and Montgomery all considered doubtful, looks like our secondary will get wrecked again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Rollins,Shields and Montgomery all considered doubtful, looks like our secondary will get wrecked again

I hope some fans brought boots with them.... they may be dragooned into playing if we lose more men! :D

• Advertisement

I hope some fans brought boots with them.... they may be dragooned into playing if we lose more men! :D

You joke but that's pretty much all the practice squad is!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Clear penalty on Adams their, f*ck sake

limerickfc wrote: »
    Clear penalty on Adams their, f*ck sake

no point complaining, deserved to get smashed overall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Great catch by Jones there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

What in God's name has happened our O-line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Rodgers is getting no protection. Really missing jordi.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Rodgers is getting no protection. Really missing jordi.

Seriously. Just to show, however good your qb is, he can't perform without having people to throw it to. Rodgers made it work for a while but defences are starting to adjust and the receivers are looking more like the journeymen they are. But I still think ye will rally, its just a dip on offence. Defence will probably keep costing ye, but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Seriously. Just to show, however good your qb is, he can't perform without having people to throw it to. Rodgers made it work for a while but defences are starting to adjust and the receivers are looking more like the journeymen they are. But I still think ye will rally, its just a dip on offence. Defence will probably keep costing ye, but still...

In fairness Cam's recieving corps are just as bad, likely worse. The offence was just a step slow for most of the evening and the pressure the panthers were piling on Rodgers was really telling on some of those throws.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭cosatron

god I don't know what to make of that. we played lights in the fourth quarter on both sides of the ball and if you break it down, we won the second half 22-10 but that second quarter was just horrible. It was possibly the worst quarter of defensive play calling I ever seen, 24-zip is totally unacceptable at this level.
    Positives
    Devante adams getting back in the groove.
    randall cobb started to get open.
    james starks was good.
    Rodgers is Rodgers.
    Jake ryan made some nice plays when he was given an opportunity
    Randall made a good int.
    shield, rollins and Montgomery to come back in.

Negatives.
    Dom Capers- going zone on a 3 and 23 was terrible play calling.
    Lindsey had a terrible game and I think it affected the whole line, 1 holding penalty, delay of game and burned a timeout, let in 2 sacks.
    Randall wasn't aggressive on pass coverage, we allow for him as he is a rookie.
    no sacks.
    5 sacks allowed.
    took them till the 3 quarter to start using screen passes.
    lacy is not at the races, bench for him for a while.
    oh and dom capers for Billy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

cosatron wrote: »
    Lindsey had a terrible game and I think it affected the whole line, 1 holding penalty, delay of game and burned a timeout, let in 2 sacks.

lacy is not at the races, bench for him for a while.

For me those were the 2 standouts. Starks needs to replace Lacy as the No 1 RB. He's fast, he's got good instincts at the moment and it's a no-brainer for me.

Lindsey was shocking for most of the game. He's usually so solid that when he's misfiring it messes everything up.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭jman0war

I'm not worried about NFC North, the Vikings have had a very easy schedule up to now.
    http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2015/REG/Vikings

We have 2 tough games coming: @ Vikings and later @ Cardinals
    (and maybe @ Lions)

Vikings have:
    @ Raiders
    @ Falcons
    Seahawks
    @ Cardinals
    Giants
    @ Packers

Easily 3 or 4 losses in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

jman0war wrote: »
    I'm not worried about NFC North, the Vikings have had a very easy schedule up to now.
    http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2015/REG/Vikings

We have 2 tough games coming: @ Vikings and later @ Cardinals
    (and maybe @ Lions)

Vikings have:
    @ Raiders
    @ Falcons
    Seahawks
    @ Cardinals
    Giants
    @ Packers

Easily 3 or 4 losses in there.

Vikings fan here, i think most reasonable fans would have targeted 9-7 as good season, anything more would be amazing. We would definitely be looking to win 3 more games and look for a wildcard rather than looking to win the league.

Basically i don't see how we can win it, unless the packers blow up spectacularly and at this stage the only real way that happens is if rodgers gets injured.

I do think we'll get 3 more wins, with a bit of luck we might get 4 but I wouldn't bet a cent on that.

At this stage I would say any divisional game is harder that it looks on paper.

Vikings fan here, i think most reasonable fans would have targeted 9-7 as good season, anything more would be amazing. We would definitely be looking to win 3 more games and look for a wildcard rather than looking to win the league.

Basically i don't see how we can win it, unless the packers blow up spectacularly and at this stage the only real way that happens is if rodgers gets injured.

I do think we'll get 3 more wins, with a bit of luck we might get 4 but I wouldn't bet a cent on that.

At this stage I would say any divisional game is harder that it looks on paper.

I am blaming you if this happens. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

As another Vikings fan, can I also say that I think the only way we can get the division is if Aaron Rodgers gets injured. That is clearly never ever ever going to happen.

D9Male wrote: »
    As another Vikings fan, can I also say that I think the only way we can get the division is if Aaron Rodgers gets injured. That is clearly never ever ever going to happen.

bar last season, plus he is getting hit...a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Ah, I was just trying and failing to be funny. To be fair, I am an absolutely massive fan of Aaron Rodgers. He is probably my favourite non-Viking player in the league.

I have seen your last two games, though and you guys have hit a few hurdles.

D9Male wrote: »

I have seen your last two games, though and you guys have hit a few hurdles.

Only a few? We stank the place up!

Ok, maybe not quite that bad, but whatever happened over the bye week... man. It needs sorting.

• Advertisement

Advertisement