Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭jman0war

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

No i don't think so.
    He gave that over so that he could take a bigger role with the Defense.
    Man do they need it!

Maybe it is a step toward axing Capers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

I am blaming you if this happens. :p

Nah, look, the voodoo doll that I have here is a generic likeness of any packers qb. It's not Rogers, not at all.

Just kidding, am not so bitter that I cant enjoy the best qb playing today. It'd be even more enjoyable if he was doing it in a different division!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Hit the slim-fast Eddie.

I thought Lacy was heavy last year.
    I figured maybe he would get fitter and better as time wore on.
    Instead it's been the opposite.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

So, lost to the worst team in the NFL.

I only seen what was on Red Zone.... what was the prognosis?
    Where is it going wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

So, lost to the worst team in the NFL.

I only seen what was on Red Zone.... what was the prognosis?
    Where is it going wrong?

No seperation or run game means rodgers has to do everything, 11 sacks in 3 games while we have 0

Rodgers looked poor and made some bad throws too.

The whole offense looks sluggish, generally unfit and untrained.

That was some of the worst Packer offense i've seen in a long time.
    Like the Ray Rhodes 8-8 season.

Gotta feel sorry for the fans that forked out good money to head up to Lambeau for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I'm saying it now - I DO NOT want us to make the playoffs this year. Then we can actually go and address some of the very serious issues, particularly Capers' contract and Tom Clements play calling. I'm done with both, especially when we have someone proven over literally years to have an incredible ability to get the best out of Rodgers with their play calling, in McCarthy. It wasn't broke, but we still tried to fix it, and now it definitely is broken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

We were woeful today but the lions made so many balls ups there we could've snatched it.

Were equally poor against the Chargers, just weren't found out.

Our Offensive Line needs to load up on caffine or something.
    They are sleep walking.

I mean they were sleepwalking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭cosatron

Rodgers has a new five letter word we should abide by P-A-N-I-C. The lions have not won in Lambeau since 1991, yes 1991, that includes the Mike Sherman years, the 4-12 season. What a disaster, since the rams game we have being muck. to go 3 quarters and not threaten a TD is laughable against a 1-7 team who are in turmoil with the most conservative coach in football. The whole organisation needs a serious kick up the ass including Rodgers. God its so frustrating. MM will need to clean house at the end of the year as it seems the whole coaching staff is gone a bit stale and predictable.

Actually it was 1991, not 1994

But yeah, total complacency and paralysis in the Packer camp.
    That and a does of laissez faire.

jman0war wrote: »
    Actually it was 1991, not 1994

But yeah, total complacency and paralysis in the Packer camp.
    That and a does of laissez faire.

Agreed, listening to the interviews this morning, it feels like no biggy, we will get it right, they are saying that for the last 3 weeks now and apparently they had a really good week of practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

there is a couple of things that is going on.... but we are still 6-3! its not that bad!

Ok so firstly Eddie Lacy is doing his team mates no favours - regardless of his weight - his strength through tackles has dropped! Starks is a back up RB and cant be expected to pick up RB1 stats! He has had a few bad drops over the last couple of weeks

Wide Recievers are not getting separation - Adams is not able to get over the top - or if he does - he doesnt get separation! 21 targets for 80 yards is awful! Nelson is a massive loss - his relationship with Rodgers is evident now cos you can almost see him looking for jordi! James Jones has dropped off so much

O line has regressed imo - especially against the blitz! Not giving enough blocks for the run - which adds to lacys problems

The Defense keeps making plays at important parts of the game - think of this - with the exception of the Broncos game - we were within 1 score of Panthers and Lions - Randall made the interception on Newton - and the field goal miss sunday could have put us 8-1!! Different look on the season then!

I agree with previous poster - Capers and Clement should go this summer - Clement was promoted so he could get a head coach job... best of luck with that!!

I think the problems on Offense are a result of coaching.
    The players are slow and lethargic.
    They have no game face.
    There's no passion, until it's late in the 4th Qtr.
    The formations don't change up enough.

What is so wrong with putting in Janis once in a while, just have him run a post route and see what happens?

Capers is definitely getting a pass this year since it's the Offense that's the problem.
    It'll probably be on Bennett.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Anyone any idea where that 3rd string tight end came out of, he needs to see the field more

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I just gotta pop in here and say that imo Lacy seems to have been trying to play through an injury for quite a while when it might have made sense for him to have a minor op or just rest up for a few weeks.

I'm sure the reason for the weight is that he hasn't been able to practice much. Maybe him being inactive is the best thing for the time being. You get that guy back to his best and that offense goes to a whole different level.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I just gotta pop in here and say that imo Lacy seems to have been trying to play through an injury for quite a while when it might have made sense for him to have a minor op or just rest up for a few weeks.

I'm sure the reason for the weight is that he hasn't been able to practice much. Maybe him being inactive is the best thing for the time being. You get that guy back to his best and that offense goes to a whole different level.

I hope so. He is allot better then his form suggest and when on form makes the team so much better. On another note, stats are funny, Rodgers has thrown for 706 yards 6 td 1 int in the last two games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Abbrederis is out for several weeks. The guy just started catching balls and earning Rodgers' trust. :(

Lacy is back practicing.

I have little hope for Sunday. They'll get their asses kicked.

It'll be the Bronoc's game 2.0

Aaron Rodgers is on the injury report for the Vikings game.

That doesn't bode well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Great to have lacy back. Another win with the offence not firing on full cylinders yet....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I wanted us to lose, to be honest. Toss the season, and let Capers and Clements (at least as playcaller) go with it, if that's what it takes.

Wow i wasn't expecting that!

Getting nigh on impossible to predict anything these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

the whole team played better last night - lacys running meant that rodgers had space! think that clement was told to target jones more - jones hadnt been targeted more than 3 times a game and he gets targets and he scores and moves us up the field! defense was immense last night although the vikes o line was poor! Cobb needs a good game soon - he is having too many drops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

the whole team played better last night - lacys running meant that rodgers had space! think that clement was told to target jones more - jones hadnt been targeted more than 3 times a game and he gets targets and he scores and moves us up the field! defense was immense last night although the vikes o line was poor! Cobb needs a good game soon - he is having too many drops

Jones hasn't played well since the start of the season imo. Last night he just seemed all over the place. He had a nice catch on a long third down but then ran the wrong route on a crossing pattern and also wasnt looking for the ball on a 2nd and 1 after the great return by janis. He also dropped a stone wall first down late in the first half that would have been good for 20+ yards that hit him right in the hands. I think at the start of the season the feel good story of Jones coming back was masking a bit of his lack of ability now at this stage of his career. He is a solid number 3 or 4 receiver but you can see Rodgers getting more and more furstrated with him these days. Good win last night but as people have said earlier in the piece, there are a lot of issues to still be resolved and maybe another NFC North title and a possible Divisional Loss as the 3rd seed will only paper over the cracks a bit. I was delighted to see the defence get back on track after poor matches against the Broncos and Panthers, they were good last week against the Lions but the offence didnt do anything that day to help them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

A lot of drops last night and some incredibly poor play calling between Rodgers and his receivers.

There was at least a half a dozen balls that literally flew into the ground with nobody near them. Lacy was back but that ankle is suspect....was very heavily strapped and limping between plays!!.

Advertisement