Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Anyone know if the Favre halftime ceremony will be available on Gamepass tomorrow night? Usually they stop streaming the halftime, I can't find anything about international viewing anywhere. Maybe I'm just being dim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭cosatron

happy brett favre day everybody. My first nfl game I ever watched in full was when the bronco's beat us in the super bowl, I had school in the morning but for some reason I stay up watching it, and I really wanted the packers to win cause I really liked favre attitude and the way he was flinging the ball all over the place. I used to love it then when madden was commentating on packers game cause he thought the sun shined out of Favre's ass, it was hilarious, it was so bad. Anyways hoping for a good win and I suspect that the same ole jay will be back in force.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Every one of my in-laws still worship Favre.

Common among slightly older Sconnys, they can barely name the carpetbagger brought in to replace him.

Brett Farve was a bit before my time, but from what I recall, compared to now, I'd have Rogers all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭jman0war

Aaron Rodgers is probably a better technical QB, but Favre is a legend.

Particularly in his early years.
    He was like this socially awkward, stiff, big kid; but when on the field he would just burst into life.
    He gave 100% and took hits where 99% of other QB's would have been carted off.

I remember in the young years he'd drop WAY back trying to avoid the sack, the defenders would still be on him and he'd drop back again, and again! Sometimes he'd get sacked back there and then we'd be facing like, 3rd and 34!
    Everybody watching would be total face palming.
    But, behind that face palm was a wry, proud smile "That's OUR boy!"

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

All aboard the fire Clements train.

But seriously, what is up with our WRs? Adams wouldn't catch a cold. 4 downs from the 8 yard line and nothing??

Billy86 wrote: »
    I wanted us to lose, to be honest. Toss the season, and let Capers and Clements (at least as playcaller) go with it, if that's what it takes.

Oh noooooooo. Would never be one for losses to effect change, because of course there is no guarantee that a loss will have that outcome...or that the next incumbent will be any better.

Losing to the Bears really really sucks.

well that sucked. Poor play calling, poor play from Rodgers and Adams main reason for lose. My biggest gripe is going away from the run, we threw the ball 43 times vs running it 24, lacy carried for 105 on 17 attempts with average of 6.3 per carry, I know he had the fumble but to sit him for the next series while he was hot was a bit mindboggling. Also Adams could do with some time on sideline. he has been thrown to 35 times in the last 3 games and caught only 15 of them for 198 yards. that's just not good enough.

Plenty of chances to win that game.
    Can't blame the running game as it did what it was supposed to, sans fumble of course.

WR's and Rodgers.

It's either Bennett's responsibility (former WR coach and today Offensive Coordinator), or it's on Alex Van Pelt (WR & QB coach)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

jman0war wrote: »
    Plenty of chances to win that game.
    Can't blame the running game as it did what it was supposed to, sans fumble of course.

WR's and Rodgers.

It's either Bennett's responsibility (former WR coach and today Offensive Coordinator), or it's on Alex Van Pelt (WR & QB coach)

As an outsider, it seemed to me that whoever was calling plays for your offense was partly to blame. Lacy was causing the Bears huge trouble, even when they got to him at the line of scrimmage he'd still get extra yards because we couldn't take him down. He was getting something like 7 yards per carry. Then he fumbled it (which was purely great play from our D), after gutting us for 18 yards, and they benched him and started throwing the ball. It was like they were panicking on one play, and moving away from what works to try out something that simply wasn't.

On that, Rodgers was having a bad day at the office, his throws weren't accurate. But there was some awful lazy stuff from your receivers, guys more interested in bitching about not getting flags than going out and doing their job and catching ball.

Your D was really good, which I was always under the impression was what was holding ye back. But last night was all on offense.

Not going to pretend yesterday wasn't one of my favourite wins in my history of watching the Bears, for all sorts of reasons that ye can probably guess, but I wouldn't despair if I was ye. Rodgers has had a bit of a dip but he was also only inches away from winning on the last drive last night (all the way from the 20 remember). Would still expect ye to make the playoffs, and after that anything can happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Patww79 wrote: »

Any team can get hot in the playoffs. Look at the Giants!

On another note, ye probably don't agree but personally I'd be glad if the Bears-Packers rivalry could turn into an actual rivalry again.

To say Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers hasn’t looked like his old self recently would be accurate, but with one major caveat: The decline in Rodgers’s production has come mostly on passes to wide receiver Davante Adams.

Over the last three weeks, when Rodgers throws to Adams, he’s 15-for-35 for 129 yards with no touchdowns and one interception. That’s a completion percentage of 42.9 percent, an average of 3.7 yards per pass, and a passer rating of 41.2.

Over the last three weeks, when Rodgers throws to anyone other than Adams, he’s 58-for-103 for 618 yards with five touchdowns and no interceptions. That’s a completion percentage of 56.3 percent, an average of 6.0 yards per pass, and a passer rating of 90.2.
    It's not all down to Adams of course.
    But at this point i'd say he's a liablity.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/27/aaron-rodgers-has-a-davante-adams-problem/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Amazingly enough were still 4th favourites for the sb :eek:

So it's gone pretty quiet in here. I'm clinging to the hope that Rodgers will find his mojo and wr's will hold onto the feckin ball. Hopefully we will go 3-2 and make the playoffs and that Rodgers get hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

cosatron wrote: »
    So it's gone pretty quiet in here. I'm clinging to the hope that Rodgers will find his mojo and wr's will hold onto the feckin ball. Hopefully we will go 3-2 and make the playoffs and that Rodgers get hot.

rather see us miss playoffs tbh, get some people sacked and a decent draft pick

I don't know. I'd always like to see them making the play off cause you never know what can happen. The draft needs are getting bigger by the week. At the moment we need 3 wr, a tightend, ILB, olb

Patww79 wrote: »
    A fit Nelson and there are no receivers needed. A TE would be nice though.

The last 4 first round picks have been on d, so it be nice to get Rodgers help. Do you think nick perry will be resigned and hopefully mike Daniels isn't looking for crazy money

• Advertisement

TE afaik it's been since yer man got injured since we had a TE go for 70 yards in a game

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

TE's are so poor in the draft tho - consider Maxx Williams was being quoted as the next big thing and think he went to ravens in the second and he has done nothing for them - personally i think some1 off free agency should be picked up - some1 like vernon davis isnt going to command big money but he would make us far more effective over the next 2 years! With Jordi back we dont need wrs - as double team will be on jordi - randall in the slot and adams in the car park

If we could get a massive mlb - would free up matthews to blitz - and another olb to replace peppers cos he will call it a day soon! Looking at the season as a whole - Lacy has to be considered a liability in performance and if there was a Todd Gurley potential player at our pick in the first i would look at that!

I do think something in the organisation needs a re-vamp tho! One of the things that i love about Packers is that there is no knee jerk reactions - but i think the likes of capers and clements should be let go - and bring in younger minds as OC and DC!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

cosatron wrote: »
    The last 4 first round picks have been on d, so it be nice to get Rodgers help. Do you think nick perry will be resigned and hopefully mike Daniels isn't looking for crazy money

I think Daniels is going to get a lot of money in the off season and I'm not sure it will be in Green Bay.

I read that Packers are working out Denarious Moore today.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denarius_Moore

It doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

jman0war wrote: »
    I read that Packers are working out Denarious Moore today.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denarius_Moore

It doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

What's the harm in working him out? The guy is crazy fast and would offer a serious deep threat if he can get back to anything like his rookie form. Its not as if our current WRs are lighting it up.

Yeah i'm just being pessimistic.

He had tons of dropped passes so i'm putting on the scrap heap with the current crop of WR's.

Wow.

Nothing else to say about that, just wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Wow.

Nothing else to say about that, just wow.

gave up at half time:rolleyes: didn't see that result.
    who needs a TE ;)

Crazy.
    I missed it too.

Gave up after Detroit kicked the FG late.

• Advertisement

Stayed till the end XD worth it

Advertisement