Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,470 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Brian Carriveau of Cheesehead TV was very big on him!

In Wednesday's pod.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000645533/article/james-starks-returns-to-packers-on-2year-6m-deal

Starks resigned!! So exciting i can barely contain myself.... Woo.... hoo.... thanks Ted! Urgh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Yeah I have to say this is only my second year really following football and the Packers and I have to say... free agency for us isn't exactly exciting, is it?

Yeah I have to say this is only my second year really following football and the Packers and I have to say... free agency for us isn't exactly exciting, is it?

Its really not!

I know im a bit negative about it and im not saying go out and give 11 mill a year to mike wallace!
    But just watching Pats and Cards get some small pieces in - i just wish we could do something like that cos we dont need much!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Brian Carriveau of Cheesehead TV was very big on him!

In Wednesday's pod.

on paper he should be gronk-esque but he's a prima donna and doesnt really like getting hit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

on paper he should be gronk-esque but he's a prima donna and doesnt really like getting hit

Hands of stone aswell

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Hands of stone aswell

yep, and he wanted to be tagged as a WR and not a TE, he'll sign with someone but he wont be getting paid

Cook is signing..

Cook is signing..

Hope he 'fits in' and doesn't bring too much baggage.

Based on reports and informed sources, he would be a good'un

3.6 mill one year deal for cook - i dunno about him to be honest!

• Advertisement

3.6 mill one year deal for cook - i dunno about him to be honest!

Worth a go though, the pundits seem to like the move.

Pack need a big TE to play on 'the concrete'. ie up the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

i think its a decent move. It's relatively low risk (1 year deal) and we badly need a TE with a mixed skill set. Rogers-Rogers works well in some situations but he's not a threat like say Eiffert or Gronk is. With Jordy back, and a healthy Cobb I reckon Cook in the mix could make things really tricky for some defences.

i hope so.... we just need a reliable guy there that rodgers can look for! Hopefully it proves to be good

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Eddie you skinny bastard.

CeVlX2FWsAAmCbk.jpg

wow, he's really trimmed down

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

i think its a decent move. It's relatively low risk (1 year deal) and we badly need a TE with a mixed skill set. Rogers-Rogers works well in some situations but he's not a threat like say Eiffert or Gronk is. With Jordy back, and a healthy Cobb I reckon Cook in the mix could make things really tricky for some defences.

speed. at least cooke has some

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Is their any situation where ye think TT takes Mackenzie Alexander or William Jackson with our 1st rounder, we only play our base D for 17% of our snaps. The rest is mostly nickel followed by dime and nascar. Having another quality DB seems to make more sense considering

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

limerickfc wrote: »
    Is their any situation where ye think TT takes Mackenzie Alexander or William Jackson with our 1st rounder, we only play our base D for 17% of our snaps. The rest is mostly nickel followed by dime and nascar. Having another quality DB seems to make more sense considering

no, we need a nt and lang and Sitton are up for contracts next year with chances are one not resigning and following better money we need replacements

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

And don't forget ILB!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭cosatron

Billy86 wrote: »
    And don't forget ILB!

Nate Palmer was released so I think we draft which ever one of these fall to us lee, Ragland, billings or one of Alabama dline men

no, we need a nt and lang and Sitton are up for contracts next year with chances are one not resigning and following better money we need replacements

Lang and sitton were already on premium contracts - sitton is getting the 5th most in the league even tho he signed that deal in 2011 - so they have paid him well - i would say he and lang will both sign for about 7-8 mill each - currently sitton is around 6.75 and lang is 5 mill! im not too worried about them as i think the deals could be done a la mike daniels - also dont forget peppers is gonna be 10.5 mill wage we wont have against the cap next year.... if he does resign it will be for much lower

Letroy is fine on the nose.

Sitton and Lang wont move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

Of course the Bears would have never let it happen, but I would have loved to have picked up a guy like Bennett during FA. Shocked to see Laceys weight loss in that pic posted a few posts back, hopefully now he can maintain the discipline & stay clear of the doughnuts.

Titans claimed nate palmer off waivers, is he any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭cosatron

Titans claimed nate palmer off waivers, is he any use?

considering we have only, 1 healthy lb in rookie Jake Ryan and sam barrington coming off IR and Palmer to get cut, doesn't bode of the guy. piss poor in pass coverage and isn't much of a thumper either. In saying that I've a feeling we are going to draft two guys at inside line backer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

A week 4 bye? Ugh.

Easiest schedule for the packers though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Strange schedule. Start with 2 road games, then four(!) straight home games. Later, they have three straight road games, and finish with the three divisional rivals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Playing the Packers in Green Bay in mid December. Not ideal!

Advertisement