Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Ok win against a pretty feeble 49rs last night & its 3 from 3 in pre season.

We all seen the videos of skinny eddie earlier in the year,
    But looking at a highlight video the guy must be main-lining cheese curds via intravenously or something!
    To my eyes at least he's huge again.

This Joe Callaghan fellow had another good game.
    16/24 167 yards & 1 touchdown.

Looking at his bio he seems to have come from nowhere.
    Is he going to get onto the 53-man roster?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭cosatron

Ok win against a pretty feeble 49rs last night & its 3 from 3 in pre season.

We all seen the videos of skinny eddie earlier in the year,
    But looking at a highlight video the guy must be main-lining cheese curds via intravenously or something!
    To my eyes at least he's huge again.

This Joe Callaghan fellow had another good game.
    16/24 167 yards & 1 touchdown.

Looking at his bio he seems to have come from nowhere.
    Is he going to get onto the 53-man roster?
    Ha. maybe Eddie is lactose intolerant and that's one thing you can't avoid in Wisconsin. I don't read to much in pre season but Rodgers and cook hooking up over the middle was nice to see. We haven't seen that since finlay

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

i was thinking the exact same thing about eddie - ive watched him over the last 3 games and whilst he will never be an Adrian Peterson build - he is a big back - but he seems to be getting bigger at every game - tbh i thought watching the niners game he was almost as big as last year!!!

I dunno - could be miss reading it - but he looks big again.... maybe hes now SECRETFEASTMODE

i was thinking the exact same thing about eddie - ive watched him over the last 3 games and whilst he will never be an Adrian Peterson build - he is a big back - but he seems to be getting bigger at every game - tbh i thought watching the niners game he was almost as big as last year!!!

I dunno - could be miss reading it - but he looks big again.... maybe hes now SECRETFEASTMODE
    Arriving for the s49ers game. his a big unit.
    temp160826-packers-arrive-sf-bobber-2-2--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

• Registered Users Posts: 19,470 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

This Brandon Burks at RB looks good to me.

Hope they keep him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Lacy is a big unit, always has been, he looks big but not gut flabbing over your pants big. I remain optimistic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Lacy's lost a good bit of weight this year, certainly not going into the season looking like a 'cheeseburger Eddie' like last year. I've high hopes for him and this offense in general. 1000yds+ doesn't seem too unrealistic for him imo assuming he stays healthy.

Roster bust down to 75 today, doubtful if any vets will be chopped.

Next week will be the big one..... down to 53

The Grey Ghost will be busy��

One of my favourite days of the year has arrived.

The day that Drew McGarry gets to the Packers in the "why your team sucks" list.

Let the hate flow

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Wtf is going on, Teds must think he's playing madden ,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Very strange indeed. Teddy is f**kin damn ruthless. Big contract year next year so his getting his cap space ready.

cosatron wrote: »
    Very strange indeed. Teddy is f**kin damn ruthless. Big contract year next year so his getting his cap space ready.

They tried to trade him but failed.

Had a bit of back problems recently.

Maybe that and the salary increase were the reasons.

Lane Taylor the replacement?

Would they risk Spriggs maybe.

Here is the Packers salary situation, already updated for Sitton's departure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Three ILBs. Holy mother of God

Can barrington be picked up off waiver? I'll get sick if Matthews is inside again. And free agents of any worth

Sitton gone to Bears for 3 years for 21m with 10m guaranteed ��. Now we know why auld teddy boy released him. That's crazy money for a 30 year old line with a bad back.

cosatron wrote: »
    Sitton gone to Bears for 3 years for 21m with 10m guaranteed ��. Now we know why auld teddy boy released him. That's crazy money for a 30 year old line with a bad back.

He was great for the Pack.

But that's big money for an interior lineman.

The are sorting out Bachktiari and Tretter who will get good wedges.

Talk about moving TJ to LG,Bulaga to RG and Spriggs to RT.

Could be a winner.

So the line would be

Left to right

Bachktiari Lang Tretter Bulaga Spriggs

The Bren has seen worse!! !!

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »

Poor line!!

Packers line generally accepted to be in the top five in the NFL!

Patww79 wrote: »

Yeah, so the experts are expecting a top 3 after " a horrible season"

Nathan Jankhe must have drink taken.... Doesn't sound like a lad given to drink based on his contributions to Railbird Central on Cheesehead TV?

Sitton isn't going to make that much difference, yes he was good, but replacements are there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

That line is already down an all pro player so its pointless using it to say they are top 3. and our line is top 3 because rodgers makes more time and escapes pressure than he has any ruight to

still said to see him go - apparently he wanted talks about a new deal this summer but he was a little shocked to get cut...

I was suprised to be honest - and barrington

still said to see him go - apparently he wanted talks about a new deal this summer but he was a little shocked to get cut...

I was suprised to be honest - and barrington

• Advertisement

That line is already down an all pro player so its pointless using it to say they are top 3. and our line is top 3 because rodgers makes more time and escapes pressure than he has any ruight to

I'm not saying that, I'm merely saying that it's strange for a poster to say they played " horribly" last year and then an NFL analyst predicts a top three ranking for this season.

These guys know what they are doing, with respect to you.

Advertisement