Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I'm not saying that, I'm merely saying that it's strange for a poster to say they played " horribly" last year and then an NFL analyst predicts a top three ranking for this season.

These guys know what they are doing, with respect to you.

They did play horribly last year, the whole team did

• Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

They did play horribly last year, the whole team did

No they didn't, got to the playoffs.

Teams playing " horribly" don't get to playoffs.

Of course they could have played better, but "played horribly" is just plain wrong.

Won their division numerous times in the past ten seasons, had big runs in the playoffs, OK some bad ones too, but teams "playing Horribly" just don't do that.

Let's be realistic and pragmatic here, not just ill informed.

No they didn't, got to the playoffs.

Teams playing " horribly" don't get to playoffs.

Of course they could have played better, but "played horribly" is just plain wrong.

Won their division numerous times in the past ten seasons, had big runs in the playoffs, OK some bad ones too, but teams "playing Horribly" just don't do that.

Let's be realistic and pragmatic here, not just ill informed.

They plasyed horribly and got to the playoffs cos other teams are worse and or **** the bed. To say the packers played anything but horribly is wrong

They plasyed horribly and got to the playoffs cos other teams are worse and or **** the bed. To say the packers played anything but horribly is wrong

Completely incorrect, sure they weren't 'great' all the time, sure they played 'horribly' for some time in some games, but to suggest they played horribly all season and that the O-Line were poor for the last ten years is just plain wrong.

The stats don't support you.

Completely incorrect, sure they weren't 'great' all the time, sure they played 'horribly' for some time in some games, but to suggest they played horribly all season and that the O-Line were poor for the last ten years is just plain wrong.

The stats don't support you.

where did i say the o line were terrible for the last ten years? I said they were terrible last year, you are adding 9 extra years to suit your narritive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

We've had a decent line since newhouse was ****ed out and bhaktiari got brought in, last year the team played terrible. so what? 2 maybe 3 years of decent o line

Correct, I was referring to that post.

It's just plain wrong to say that, every QB to some extent moves around.

Are you suggesting that the line bookended by Chad Clifton and Mark Tauscher was not a good line? Dietrich-Smith at center and Sitton and Lang as guards.

I think you need to re-evaluate.

Ok, so five or six Divisional Titles, perennial playoff qualification, an appearance in a Championship game , only beaten by a series of bizarre plays, were all gained by "playing horribly" in the last ten years.

Fair enough.................:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Let's face it we've never truly replaced Marshall Newhouse.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

A little off topic but my Matthews throwback jersey just arrived- in time for fantasy draft tomorrow and the game on Sunday- WOO!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

my Matthews throwback jersey just arrived- in time for fantasy draft tomorrow and the game on Sunday- WOO!

be all doin this

clay-matthews_pg_600.jpg

(the pants do nothing for the pee stains though)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭cosatron

Due to some rule change, our much vaunted defensive guru dom capers, can call plays from his box directly to our defensive mike which is our new rookie inside line backer, Martinez. Sure what can go wrong. This could be hard watch Sunday defensively

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I like Martinez a lot from what I've seen, don't know that he'll be an issue. Mind you, Dom Capers could make Ray Lewis look like Brad Jones at ILB, so...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

cosatron wrote: »
    Due to some rule change, our much vaunted defensive guru dom capers, can call plays from his box directly to our defensive mike which is our new rookie inside line backer, Martinez. Sure what can go wrong. This could be hard watch Sunday defensively

Couldn't the coordinators always speak to someone on the field?

Couldn't the coordinators always speak to someone on the field?

Yes, but not from the coaches booth, now they can.

Up to now they had to be on the sideline.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

I dunno - i must be going mad this preseason but im a little on our defense this year... its a big if but 'if' kenny clarke can make an impact i think that we have players across all levels - esp in our secondary!
    Roll on sunday!

I dunno - i must be going mad this preseason but im a little on our defense this year... its a big if but 'if' kenny clarke can make an impact i think that we have players across all levels - esp in our secondary!
    Roll on sunday!
    the players are there apart from ilb, I think we are light there, but f**k it we've been tortured the last couple of seasons with poor play calling on d, like how could palmer escape the sack and toss up a floater to larry fitz who runs 60 odd yards and I won't start about the nfc game. All I want from our d is to give Rodgers a chance to win game, that's all. In saying all that, roll on sunday, go pack go.

look every team has go issues somewhere on the roster - but if ryan and martinez have some chemistry together could just do enough to be an 8-10 ranked defense - which is all we need

• Advertisement

look every team has go issues somewhere on the roster - but if ryan and martinez have some chemistry together could just do enough to be an 8-10 ranked defense - which is all we need
    Its allot to ask of a second year and rookie player, I think they will be good against the run but id worried against the pass with speedy tightends unless they start using micah hyde on passing downs. We will know better on sunday, against yeldon/ivory and Thomas.

Not impressed by display vs Jags.

Same old same old giving up huge third downs on long

Running game non existent.

Could be a long season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Not impressed by display vs Jags.

Same old same old giving up huge third downs on long

Running game non existent.

Could be a long season.

95 rushing yards is hardly non existent.
    Offense looked good too, Jordy getting back in his groove.
    Tricky opening road game dealt with, that Jags team will go far this year.
    1-0, don't be so negative! :D

**** the third downs, we let therm get 4 out of 5 fourth downs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Just about got out of jail. I reckon opinions might have been vastly different if the jags managed to pip it at the end.

Looked to me like the team was just getting its groove and there is more to come. The jags impressed me, they will be tough to beat if they keep that form up.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Just about got out of jail. I reckon opinions might have been vastly different if the jags managed to pip it at the end.

Looked to me like the team was just getting its groove and there is more to come. The jags impressed me, they will be tough to beat if they keep that form up.

Yes, that's the game I watched.

Cook was anonymous as far as I could see,and why they leave those big gaps in the field on third downs is puzzling.

Not all bad in fairness, as you said, this team really hasn't played this year apart from practice.

Jordy looked sharp as did Cobb and Adams made a great catch for the TD

Should improve and yes the Jags were a decent opponent.

Ok so first thing that i noticed - this Jags team is a much better team than last year so i think that the opinion that we should be beating them well was never on the cards for me - and i was worried about them for the upset

Still some of the struggles on offense that there was last year - very little vertical threat - but with jordi getting fitter - being played more etc. that will only improve and with Adams actually catching a pass - cobb being all over the field - lacy being more effective in the running game(not huge today tho) - this will only improve and build!

Our secondary looks impressive with Robinson being shut down with the exception of 1 or 2 plays.... Clinton Dix, Hyde, Sheilds, Rollins & Randall all looked good. Great to see clay back on the outside and looked effective there. Middle looked a bit soft at times but again it was the worry going into the season but there is plenty to build on!

As i say this is a much improved jags team and we have played solidily and got the win - gonna be a big one against vikes now...

Offence is playing ****, Rodgers nelson are rusty as ****, only thing even remotely positive for me is cooke at Te. Doing work when its needed.

Dom capers has to go, Diggs got over 180 yards alone ffs

• Advertisement

Advertisement