Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,376 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Any of you guys watch college football and looking for a team to get behind?

I was watching the Tennessee Volunteers @ Georgia Bulldogs the other night and they had a little bit of history about the Bulldogs logo.

They wanted a new logo and they liked the success of Vince Lombardi and the Packers and asked them if they could use their logo if they changed it a bit and the Packers agreed. So they added a little red around it and it's been their logo ever since.

Grambling State also got permission to use the logo but their football team isn't so great.

lgo_ncaa_georgia_bulldogs?layer=comp&fit=constrain&hei=300&wid=300&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=95,0&op_sharpen=1&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.0,0.0,0,0&iccEmbed=0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭cosatron

any thoughts on dallas. Will run d which is our strength:eek: hold up zeke or is back to the old days. Rodgers is still mixing the good with the poor and I'll close my eyes when he throws a screen pass to starks. If lacy is fully fit, I think we will eek out another win.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

cosatron wrote: »
    any thoughts on dallas. Will run d which is our strength:eek: hold up zeke or is back to the old days. Rodgers is still mixing the good with the poor and I'll close my eyes when he throws a screen pass to starks. If lacy is fully fit, I think we will eek out another win.

It will be the usual mixture of good and bad.

Lacy's fitness is vital as as far as I am concerned Starks is finished.

Playing at home should just about shade it but needs to be clinical in the red zone and in the QBs face.

Could come down to a Crosby kick:D

Starks out of town until Sat due death in family and some injury issues.

Status uncertain for Sunday and Lacy not cleared for action due ankle.

Not good.i say, not good.

Few carries for Ripkowski??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

So....who wants to get us started after that sh!tshow? :P

That's as bad as I've ever seen Rodgers play. Combine that with some truly horrific playcalling (Monty up the middle on 3rd and 1???) and it's safe to say we don't even look a play-off team at the moment.

Outlook is grim imo with the short week and so many injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Everyone from McCarthy down is I would say 80% gone in the offseason, decent chance Thompson even is too, and we can only pray Rodgers gets it together again, because I have never, ever seen a QB fall off like this without being close to 40.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    So....who wants to get us started after that sh!tshow? :P

That's as bad as I've ever seen Rodgers play. Combine that with some truly horrific playcalling (Monty up the middle on 3rd and 1???) and it's safe to say we don't even look a play-off team at the moment.

Outlook is grim imo with the short week and so many injuries.

Very very poor, No zip, no enthusiasm.

Dallas fully deserved win, even from opening drive they looked fafr far better.

Lose to Bears Thur and season could be over.

I saw Bulaga injured again.. Could be the start of Spriggs at RT.

Rogers in a serious slump.. E erything needs freshening up.

I'll leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Only saw bits and pieces of last nights game but every time the packers snapped it just never felt like Rodgers was going to find someone in a good advanced position. Dallas looked dangerous every time.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Only saw bits and pieces of last nights game but every time the packers snapped it just never felt like Rodgers was going to find someone in a good advanced position. Dallas looked dangerous every time.

Good synopsis, that about sums it up.

The reaction on the media will be interesting, I would expect.

One thing for sure, big big improvement needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

You really have to respect the pats how they always seem to look dangerous, change their playbook, we always look the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Lucky for you your playing the Bears next so you'll get the season back on track. We're just awful on offense with a very average back up QB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭cosatron

I think the elephant in the room at this stage is Rodgers. He was down right awful. Missing cobb in the back of the endzone was unforgivable. Holding onto the ball to long. Bad throws. Bad decision making. Not seeing open receivers which was always his strength. It was very uncomfortable viewing. And I agree with billy, I think we should throw money at John Snieder and Darrell Bevel and lets start a new era. Cause some of these players are playing well below there pay grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

We've added Knile Davis from the Chiefs. Reckon that might spell the end for Starks when he returns from injury?

cosatron wrote: »
    I think the elephant in the room at this stage is Rodgers. He was down right awful. Missing cobb in the back of the endzone was unforgivable. Holding onto the ball to long. Bad throws. Bad decision making. Not seeing open receivers which was always his strength. It was very uncomfortable viewing. And I agree with billy, I think we should throw money at John Snieder and Darrell Bevel and lets start a new era. Cause some of these players are playing well below there pay grade.

Yes, not quite the elephant in the room- just yet.

However if the current turgid unexciting predictable performances continue, then the Packers could be in a period of slump and need a complete clear out to regain our proud records.

Let me say this, we need a vibrant fast up tempo performance vs the Bears on Thur.

A good solid win and a respectable score, staggering over the line should not be on the cards.

I will be disappointed with anything less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

Good man..... That's what I think too, trying to be too perfect.

You gotta take a few chances, if it's a pick, bad schidt, but you gotta cut the chains Aaron and sling a few.

Waiting for the perfect opportunity always won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Thursday night is colour rush night (which IMO I like)

colour.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Lacy needs surgery and has been placed on IR. Can Montgomery shoulder the load as a receiver out of the backfield? He caught 10 passes on Sunday.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Lacy needs surgery and has been placed on IR. Can Montgomery shoulder the load as a receiver out of the backfield? He caught 10 passes on Sunday.

Maybe, and maybe the new guy Davis will do something.

In my opinion the Pack have been sleepwalking for the past two seasons.

They need to jack up the tempo, in fact they remind me of Man U of the NFL, trying to win games ugly and depending on opposition mistakes rather than their own talents.

For me the team is at a crossroads.

For me they need to cut the chains and be much less conservative and unload everything.

If they are beaten, fair enough, but don't produce turgid swampy football all season.

Get out there and do it.

• Advertisement

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Lacy needs surgery and has been placed on IR.

Finally getting that gastric band!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,902 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ah Jesus that's a slight over reaction. I mean a win tonight against the bears and the packers are 4-2. Okay the division might be out of sight if the Vikings keep going but the likelihood they run the table is unlikely.

Finally getting that gastric band!

He wasn't that bad this season to be fair.

The performances are awful though. And I firmly believe, bar maybe a few big days, that Rodgers is finished as a top half QB.[/quote]
    Performance ? Theres no pictures in the standings. A win is a win.

Well I think Rodgers is having issues this season but I don't think his skills are deminising to a level that's a need for concern.

I think packers fans thought that the jordy and Aaron show being back this season and lacy putting the fork down would be see the packers be back.

Good night for Adams, Rodgers better than a few recent showings.

It still wasn't great, Bears very poor.

Good night for Adams, Rodgers better than a few recent showings.

It still wasn't great, Bears very poor.

Indeed...

Very poor first half,same old slow tempo turgid stuff.

Pity Hoyer got injured, if you can't beat a third string QB at home- forget it.

Bad points- the first half- Mason Crosby missing 2- new RB not great on that display- McCarthy going on 4th with no hammer on the ground.

Good points- the second half- better tempo- better rhythm - better play calling- Adams,Montgomery,Cobb- better ball retention and reception.

On the RB scene Montgomery was great.

Difficult to grade the D vs a third string.

Will not survive against the good teams, like Atlanta.

Unless the injured players get healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

So much for getting healthy, we're down even more players than last week (After a ten day lay off)

• Advertisement

This one is going to be such a hammering.

I feel quite pessimistic also.

This one could be a devastator.

Advertisement