Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭cosatron

Julia jones for 200 + yards if Gunter is covering him

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Monty and Cobb both out. :( I hope Adams has his lucky gloves with him...

Geronimo time, perhaps! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Matthews out too

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

First deep ball in a long time, hopefully a sign of things to come

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Geronimo time, perhaps! :pac:

:pac:

So far, so good!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Not bad so far. Need to rack up the points while the going is good and limit the Falcons for as long as possible.

Rumours of Rodgers demise, exaggerated, etc. etc....

Davis looks the real deal. Rodgers just loves playing in that dome

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Rodgers and Nelson really finding their groove.

• Advertisement

Nelson needs to figure out whats wrong cos he has dropped too many since coming back its insane

• Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Unfortunately chewed up by big chunks through the air.

Last drive by Ryan was too easy.

Still given the injuries, not too disappointed, but a win next week is essential.

Had a few chances of a take away in the last two drives, that would have done the deal.

Capers needs to address the big chunks given up against the pass.

That said the injuries and players out was a factor, for sure.

Unfortunately chewed up by big chunks through the air.

Last drive by Ryan was too easy.

Still given the injuries, not too disappointed, but a win next week is essential.

Had a few chances of a take away in the last two drives, that would have done the deal.

Capers needs to address the big chunks given up against the pass.

That said the injuries and players out was a factor, for sure.

Yeah he's only had 6 odd years to sort out the defence, but next week is the week it clicks

Thanks for coming knile davis dont let the door hit you but at 2.1YPC i doubt you'll move fast enough to avoid it

Thanks for coming knile davis dont let the door hit you but at 2.1YPC i doubt you'll move fast enough to avoid it

Correct, running sideways is as useful as a three step punter in the NFL.

Looks like he's cut.

I know thats why i said it?

weekend was a good sign of progress on offence, but it was a pity that it took a number of injuries on offence for MM to open the play book and get Rodgers moving around, which is what his best at and I like the cut of Allison and Davis. Defence was a joke shop as usual, I know we were missing players but Datone Jones keep two drives going with stupidity, one offside and two a late hit, and capers obsessing with Jones when he was playing hurt and gave no safety help over the middle to our young ilb who are only average in coverage at the best of times. like sanu got nearly all his catches over the middle f.f.s. and no pressure on ryan for the last td.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

What a fall from grace, only 2-3 years ago there were people saying he would be taking Jamaal Charles' starting spot sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

God damn we suck.

Not many would have had Indi to win this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

God damn we suck.

You know the game is still on?

Dom capers, 3rd down, game on the line, lets blitz and leave the soft middle open..... completion...doh, next 3rd down, game on the line, lets blitz and leave the middle soft and open, inspired play calling dom

• Registered Users Posts: 38,376 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Lol, you post the exact same thing in two threads.

eagle eye wrote: »

Unfortunately the lad is right, same old same old.

These big 3rd down concessions have been going up the middle for too long.

Packers are at a crossroads, no verve, no leadership, no enthusiasm, last night in sharp contrast to the Colts.

New voices needed in the coaching staff and on the field.

From the first minute to the last they never bossed that game on their own patch or played with any of the tempo and speed needed at this level.

Not looking good at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭letowski

From a Colt's perspective on yesterdays game, I kind of agree about Capers, I thought he showed his hand too much. The build up to this game mostly focused around Green Bay's great pass rush against Colts' poor offensive line. The Packers just seemed to go all out on defense and Luck and Chudinski had prepared for it (you could even hear Luck changing the play calls on the LOS as it was quite obvious what the Packers were doing). There were massive voids in the center, I know Dorrsett, Doyle and Hilton all had first downs in the 4th quarter in that area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

eagle eye wrote: »

That's nothing, Dom Capers does the exact same thing in two, three, sixty eight different games.

For years and years and years, we have known exactly what to expect on 3rd downs, and are never let down. 10-15 yard pass over the middle. Complete. Wide open. Every single time. For half a decade now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Blut2

From the first minute to the last they never bossed that game on their own patch or played with any of the tempo and speed needed at this level.

Two long TD drives in under 2 minutes each in the fourth quarter would I think be regarded by most as being of a fairly high tempo and speed.

The offense isn't firing on all cylinders, but is still having good moments. I think the bigger problem is with the defense leaking so many points in every game. The Packers have given up 30+ pts now in 4 of 9 games this season, compared to 1 of 9 at this stage in 2015, 2014 and 2013. Thats not a sustainable level.

Blut2 wrote: »
    Two long TD drives in under 2 minutes each in the fourth quarter would I think be regarded by most as being of a fairly high tempo and speed.

The offense isn't firing on all cylinders, but is still having good moments. I think the bigger problem is with the defense leaking so many points in every game. The Packers have given up 30+ pts now in 4 of 9 games this season, compared to 1 of 9 at this stage in 2015, 2014 and 2013. Thats not a sustainable level.

The defence is leaking points because the offence isnt staying on the pitch for any length of time tbh

God damn we suck.

684383.jpg?lines=+They+just+plain+sucked!%0A+I've+seen+teams+suck%0A+before+but+they+were+the%0A+suckiest+bunch+of+sucks%0A+that+ever+sucked.

• Advertisement

Tbh I said it last year and ill say it again, we need to not recover this season, bomb it, get some high picks and get some decent attacking options again. Like a stud college wr

Advertisement