Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

No he didn't, didn't drop one if I recall correctly.

Lookit:eek:

This win should boost confidence,Rogers looked more 'interested',next up are the Texans in Lambeau, that will tell us a lot more than this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Don't forget the 9 Rodgers' incompletions and the four times they failed to convert on third down. And all the times Rodgers was nearly sacked. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Well, I thought you were concentrating on the negatives. Even if you have to invent some. That's the main thing, right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Don't think he has the pace to be a #1 but Adams is putting himself in a nice place this year - on track for 70+ catches (currently 58), 1,000+ yards (currently 778) and 10+ TDs (currently 8).

With Nelson not able to stretch play like he used to and none of Adams/Cobb/Montgomery that type of player, it remains a big need alongside a TE that can put fear into defenses. But at least we've got decent options and/or potential (though unlikely) trade bait with our other guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

That was as good as I've seen Aaron Rodgers play in a long time.

On paper it looks promising for the defense to only concede 13 points..lets call a spade a spade though, this is mostly because we had the ball for ELEVEN minutes longer than they did. We need ILB help and fast.

Promising signs though, this division is there for the taking yet. People looking for us to tank now must have forgotten us falling arse first into the sixth seed a few years back, we all know how that turned out.

[QUOTE=ScummyMan;101814633We need ILB help and fast.[/QUOTE]
    We don't. We could have Navorro Bowman & Patrick Willis circa 2011 there and it would still be a weak spot. The reason is Dom Capers. I am not even marginally exaggerating that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Billy86 wrote: »
    We don't. We could have Navorro Bowman & Patrick Willis circa 2011 there and it would still be a weak spot. The reason is Dom Capers. I am not even marginally exaggerating that.

Ah stop. I'm no advocate of Capers, not by a long shot, but to pin all our defensive troubles of this season on him is ludicrous. If anyone should be blamed it's Ted Thomson, to go into a season with 3 ILBs, one being a rookie, is asking for trouble. Carl Bradford has to be up there with the worst linebackers in the league.

I actually thought Capers called a decent game yesterday all things considering. Burnett did a nice job in particular. What would you have done differently?

• Advertisement

I'm not blaming capers just for this season, I'm fairly blaming him for the combined past 5 seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭cosatron

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQt4nwbE2K74FUl06VQ5jBgr7_G7FMy5SK3EL-1bUfqWzYiT19l

cosatron wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQt4nwbE2K74FUl06VQ5jBgr7_G7FMy5SK3EL-1bUfqWzYiT19l

hqdefault.jpg

:D

Beat the Texans to move level with the Vikings, with them to play at home yet.

We still got the Bears.

Yeah, we've got games like the Seahawks...but the Lions have the Cowboys. And we have the Lions in the final match up.

And thus despite the 4 game losing run, winning the NFC North come back into sight, and the playoffs, where we have come from nowhere before.

They say hope is the worst thing. Sure, the head says impossible but the heart says...we're clinging on...

No, don't want that to happen. Just means capers does his thing and finds a way in the playoffs, and were in the exact same situation come next year. Time to bite the bullet, long past it actually.

Uhmmm unimpressive win by the Pack in bad weather.

Should have cleaned them out in quarter 1 and cruised.

Not impressed but glad of the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

sad withg that win. we need high first round wrs. not playoff picks

Perfect example of why we need to finish as badly as possible - we're not going anywhere in the playoffs, and all this is doing is preventing us from getting better draft picks (less important) and Capers fired (much more important). Was really hoping the Texans might do something when they tied it up.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Perfect example of why we need to finish as badly as possible - we're not going anywhere in the playoffs, and all this is doing is preventing us from getting better draft picks (less important) and Capers fired (much more important). Was really hoping the Texans might do something when they tied it up.

i agree i said it before in main thread but you have to respect the patriots, constant contenders and the team doesnt get worse

• Advertisement

And anyone happy to plod along season after season without a hope of winning a thing despite having a QB of Rodgers' calibre, settling for mediocrity-to-awfulness on the other side of the ball that costs us year in year out, and that fans know and say before the season(s) even begin will cost us only to be proven right time and again, well that's their prerogative.

It is something we'll need to get used to when Rodgers is done, which is why we absolutely should be looking to win the super owl every year. The patriots do with there all time level qb, doesn't seem to have worked out too poorly for them.

Actively wanting the team to lose is be a use its a much better long term benefit. People aren't fed up (as they have been for years) over not winning the SB every year. They're fed up because we all know before preseason that we won't get to it, much much more importantly we all know exactly why we won't get there. And time and time again new are proven correct.

We may have already wasted the career of one of the best qbs to ever play the game, not only that but during a 5-6 year streak where he was playing on a level arguably not matched by anyone in the history of the game. Getting to the playoffs with the current regime is nothing but a complete waste of time.

In the last 20 years, picks in the top half of the draft have included Bubba Fanks, AJ Hawk, Justin Harrell, and Jamal Reynolds. Throwing games is really worth it.

That's why I've said it's far more to do with getting rid of Capers than the draft picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭cosatron

all answered will be revealed next sunday. We have yet to keep a top tier Q.B under 20 points. Earl Thomas injury will be a big help. If we spank the seahawks on both sides of the ball, I think we have a chance of making the playoff but that's going to be highly unlikely.

cosatron wrote: »
    all answered will be revealed next sunday. We have yet to keep a top tier Q.B under 20 points. Earl Thomas injury will be a big help. If we spank the seahawks on both sides of the ball, I think we have a chance of making the playoff but that's going to be highly unlikely.

Yes, Seahawks game will tell us a lot.

However the outcome, hoping to lose games to move up the draft doesn't sit well with me.

Yes, Seahawks game will tell us a lot.

However the outcome, hoping to lose games to move up the draft doesn't sit well with me.

Being irrelivent for another few years doesnt sit well with me

Being irrelivent for another few years doesnt sit well with me

You?

Who are you, the lad who can see into the future?

• Advertisement

You?

Who are you, the lad who can see into the future?

He's more likely the lad who has been watching us for the last several years, or rather, watching Capers' find a way to lose, time and time again. And that was when our offense was playing out of this world, and Rodgers on a level arguably never seen before in any QB ever.

Advertisement