Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

Stephen A goes in on The Cowboys :D

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

You could say we've had 3 in a row. Favre's predecessor had some pretty spectacular moments too before injury ruined his career. Majkowski turned the franchise around after a few dire years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Perhaps McCarthy and co. should be looking to draft the 'next Aaron Rodgers' around this or next draft, and give him a few years to develop under Rodgers much like he did under Favre.

For franchises who don't get the top 1st round picks, drafting a superstar from college can't really happen, and even then throwing them in at the deep end as starters while they're rookies doesn't pay off all the time.

Best to be proactive about these things while we have a HoF QB rather than waiting until he retires and then ending up with a rookie thrown in at the deep end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Perhaps McCarthy and co. should be looking to draft the 'next Aaron Rodgers' around this or next draft, and give him a few years to develop under Rodgers much like he did under Favre.

For franchises who don't get the top 1st round picks, drafting a superstar from college can't really happen, and even then throwing them in at the deep end as starters while they're rookies doesn't pay off all the time.

Best to be proactive about these things while we have a HoF QB rather than waiting until he retires and then ending up with a rookie thrown in at the deep end.

no qb in this class worth going for

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

no qb in this class worth going for

He'll go longer before our pick but Deshaun Watson looked unreal for Clemson in the Championship game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Blut2

Rodgers should have 3 or more years left hopefully. Hes only just turned 33 and isn't particularly injury prone. I'd say its a season or two too early to be looking for a young QB yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Adams wont practice until at least Saturday according to Mike McCarthy. Ankle sprain.

Jordy and Burnett also not practicing, in rehab.

Fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

How are we all feeling for the game later today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

seiphil wrote: »
    How are we all feeling for the game later today?

Well tanked:D

Not too good, all seems to be going against us, injuries,flu, not good at all.

One thing I do know though, if the Packers allow Matt Ryan to stand up in the pocket and throw at will, we will get a bad beating.

Time for Matthews, Peppers, and Co. To step up and deliver.

If I see a 3rd and 23 converted by Atlanta down the middle, I will launch a .500ml buideál of Cìdre at the TV.

No kidding.

Not good that this is the last NFL game in the Georgia Dome.

Falcons will want to leave with a win, just like the Vikes wanted to start with a win earlier.

Apologies in advance:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Just saw on twitter that Jordy Nelson has been marked as Active.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Just saw on twitter that Jordy Nelson has been marked as Active.

Jordy, Adams, Allison, Burnett and Rollins all active. Great boost

Any update on Rodgers and the flu?

Any update on Rodgers and the flu?

I'm afraid flu or no flu, Packers tonked. Falcons much sharper on the night

Ne er got a glove on Ryan of any significance.

Could not get it going again after the Cowboys game.

What I expected but not as one-sided.

Destroyed down the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

If that's not the death knell for Capers then I really give up. I know we had injuries all over the place but still it was pathetic.

If that's not the death knell for Capers then I really give up. I know we had injuries all over the place but still it was pathetic.

"Injuries". We've been here before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭cosatron

I'm not going to go criticizing lads that are trying there best and obviously don't have the talent, but shoulder injury or not clay Matthews was utterly pathetic last night, kept going high and wide the whole time and made it easy for his cousin to push him out and his due to earn 16m next year, please trade him or cut him or convert him to an ilb and obviously capers has to go, not having double coverage on jones was absolute disgrace. And for the love of god can we please draft a f**king inside line backer that can play sideline to sideline and is good in coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

ScummyMan wrote: »
    "Injuries". We've been here before

I was listening to the coverage last night and they were saying that we had 14 or 15 on the injury report as opposed to something like 4 for the Falcons. That's messed up, why are our guys getting so many injuries? It has to have something to do with the training regime, surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I was listening to the coverage last night and they were saying that we had 14 or 15 on the injury report as opposed to something like 4 for the Falcons. That's messed up, why are our guys getting so many injuries? It has to have something to do with the training regime, surely?

That was mentioned during the coverage that we have a high proportion of players getting injured on the friday / saturday leading into a game...

Surely training should be dialing down at that stage?

I think one of the premier league teams have/had a similar issue where the training wasnt spot on and players were tired / off the pace come match day..

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

That was so painful to watch last night. From the very first tackle(Brice injury) things were just going against us.

And then after that there was another 4 injuries. We were beyond stretched in certain positions. Letroy Guion playing on the offensive line at one point.

That doesn't excuse some god awful plays too. Evans came on for a deep play from falcons and completely misjudged his jump and nearly gifted them another td! I know Gunter has been up against some tough players the past few weeks but good god he is terrible. Should have put Janis or something on Julio to just match him on pace. Just do something. Because what we were doing was not working!

We all know Capers needs to go so not much needs to be said on that.

Anybody get the feeling that McCarthy might step down. Kind of got that from his post match interview.

Anyway enjoyed the season. Shame it ended like that but sure we will move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Hat off to Jordy Nelson to ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭cosatron

Has anyone any information on this, I always thought Kevin Greene left on good terms,

Don't think Greene will be back in GB while TT is still around...
    "105.7FM The FAN ✔ @1057FMTheFan

HOF Kevin Greene "it's a freaking shame" #Packers haven't done enough to help Aaron Rodgers get back to Super Bowl. http://bit.ly/2gGb9r9 "
    http://www.12up.com/posts/4269925-f...ps-ted-thompson-for-not-helping-aaron-rodgers

cosatron wrote: »
    Has anyone any information on this, I always thought Kevin Greene left on good terms,

Don't think Greene will be back in GB while TT is still around...
    "105.7FM The FAN ✔ @1057FMTheFan

HOF Kevin Greene "it's a freaking shame" #Packers haven't done enough to help Aaron Rodgers get back to Super Bowl. http://bit.ly/2gGb9r9 "
    http://www.12up.com/posts/4269925-f...ps-ted-thompson-for-not-helping-aaron-rodgers

No, but based on what I hear from those involved, nothing to do with KG mind,

Looks like TT is on the way out, maybe moved to a 'director of football ' role.

Locals in the know are not clambouring for Capers head, fans are though.

Defense sucked last Sunday, shidt happens, but this is another time where record numbers were posted vs a Packers D

Only one conclusion..... Capers out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

If Ted stays, so does Capers (unless he retires) and we can look forward to the exact same bullsh** next year. Read earlier that 6 of our 9 worst EVER defensive playoff performances have come under Capers.

God I hope I am wrong on that, but I know I'm not. :(

Billy86 wrote: »
    If Ted stays, so does Capers (unless he retires) and we can look forward to the exact same bullsh** next year. Read earlier that 6 of our 9 worst EVER defensive playoff performances have come under Capers.

God I hope I am wrong on that, but I know I'm not. :(

Agree with you Billy, Capers has to go

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Patww79 wrote: »

Casey Heyward left and suddenly lead the league in ints....weird that

• Advertisement

Advertisement