Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

he was average with us, new dc??? League leader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

And let's not forget, as much as us seem eager to on top of claiming that the likes of HaHa who went All Pro just isn't good enough ( :rolleyes: ), that Randall and Rollins were praised for their quality play last year - Randall especially.

For half a decade we've heard how it's the players fault, yet Capers has a history of succeeding early and failing after through his entire career, and with all the attention that has been given to the defense in the draft it's more than a little rich to claim all these different players all the time. There's a common thread, and that's the guy who is supposed to be coaching, preparing and scheming around these players.

Is our defense ultra-talented? No, and I would like us to focus the draft there for the most part (also due to how satisfied I am with many facets of our offense) but it's good enough to form a decent unit and has been at many times in the last few years. It's good enough to not capitulate in spectacular fashion, which is something it has consistently failed to do in the last half of a decade. It's easily good enough to not be an embarrassment, but that's exactly what it is and has been. There's a reason the commentators were basically laughing at them during the second half, and it was disbelief that a unit could play so poorly.

And in areas or positions where we were lacking quality (Gunter for example, not his fault and he got the most out of limited ability, but he's just not near fast enough for the league) what kind of defensive coordinator goes and leaves him on an island against Dez Bryant and Julio f***ing Jones? Julio's last catch was with 13 minutes left in the game because they stopped going to him, and yet he still only finished 40 yards off the all time record for receiving yards in a playoff game, on 180. Dez had 132 on 9 catches. Combined, they had over 300 yards and 4 TDs on just 24 targets, and at almost no point did Capers think of switching up the coverages or giving significant help to Gunter. That is absolutely embarrassing and insanity.

It's not surprising at that rate that over the last two games, we gave up over 900 yards of offense at 7.7 yards per play (over 8 yards a play if you take away the Falcons just winding the clock down in the fourth quarter on Sunday), for the majority of the game until they took the foot off, the Falcons were on pace for breaking the record for offensive yards in a game on us.

And that is and for a half decade has maybe been Capers biggest failure of all - he absolutely cannot, and will not, adjust under any circumstances. When a team has a good first half on us, it's good as guaranteed to have as good if not a better second half on us. If they find a weakness, they can exploit it several times on every single drive and nothing will change. Such little effort is ever made to address glaring holes that a few years back when we made some adjustments to actually try fixing our "third and long, over the middle, first down, repeat" situation Packers fans across the globe got giddy as f*** over it. Once a team figures out how to beat our defense, it's game over unless Rodgers goes into full on God Mode and this is a huge reason why. It's also a huge reason why his defenses in just 8 years starting have blown more leads late in the fourth quarter on him than in Brady and Manning's combined 32 years starting.

If Capers keeps his job, making the playoffs was very much a bad thing because we're not winning anything with him around and the clock is beginning to really tick on the career of the greatest quarterback I have ever seen play the game. Hopefully if Thompson retires or moves upstairs, whoever takes his place has enough outsider perspective to see this and be rid of him on day one. If that happens and McCarthy makes a stand for whatever reason, well... it's been fun Mike and thanks for the memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Billy86 wrote: »
    And let's not forget, as much as us seem eager to on top of claiming that the likes of HaHa who went All Pro just isn't good enough ( :rolleyes: ), that Randall and Rollins were praised for their quality play last year - Randall especially.

For half a decade we've heard how it's the players fault, yet Capers has a history of succeeding early and failing after through his entire career, and with all the attention that has been given to the defense in the draft it's more than a little rich to claim all these different players all the time. There's a common thread, and that's the guy who is supposed to be coaching, preparing and scheming around these players.

Is our defense ultra-talented? No, and I would like us to focus the draft there for the most part (also due to how satisfied I am with many facets of our offense) but it's good enough to form a decent unit and has been at many times in the last few years. It's good enough to not capitulate in spectacular fashion, which is something it has consistently failed to do in the last half of a decade. It's easily good enough to not be an embarrassment, but that's exactly what it is and has been. There's a reason the commentators were basically laughing at them during the second half, and it was disbelief that a unit could play so poorly.

And in areas or positions where we were lacking quality (Gunter for example, not his fault and he got the most out of limited ability, but he's just not near fast enough for the league) what kind of defensive coordinator goes and leaves him on an island against Dez Bryant and Julio f***ing Jones? Julio's last catch was with 13 minutes left in the game because they stopped going to him, and yet he still only finished 40 yards off the all time record for receiving yards in a playoff game, on 180. Dez had 132 on 9 catches. Combined, they had over 300 yards and 4 TDs on just 24 targets, and at almost no point did Capers think of switching up the coverages or giving significant help to Gunter. That is absolutely embarrassing and insanity.

It's not surprising at that rate that over the last two games, we gave up over 900 yards of offense at 7.7 yards per play (over 8 yards a play if you take away the Falcons just winding the clock down in the fourth quarter on Sunday), for the majority of the game until they took the foot off, the Falcons were on pace for breaking the record for offensive yards in a game on us.

And that is and for a half decade has maybe been Capers biggest failure of all - he absolutely cannot, and will not, adjust under any circumstances. When a team has a good first half on us, it's good as guaranteed to have as good if not a better second half on us. If they find a weakness, they can exploit it several times on every single drive and nothing will change. Such little effort is ever made to address glaring holes that a few years back when we made some adjustments to actually try fixing our "third and long, over the middle, first down, repeat" situation Packers fans across the globe got giddy as f*** over it. Once a team figures out how to beat our defense, it's game over unless Rodgers goes into full on God Mode and this is a huge reason why. It's also a huge reason why his defenses in just 8 years starting have blown more leads late in the fourth quarter on him than in Brady and Manning's combined 32 years starting.

If Capers keeps his job, making the playoffs was very much a bad thing because we're not winning anything with him around and the clock is beginning to really tick on the career of the greatest quarterback I have ever seen play the game. Hopefully if Thompson retires or moves upstairs, whoever takes his place has enough outsider perspective to see this and be rid of him on day one. If that happens and McCarthy makes a stand for whatever reason, well... it's been fun Mike and thanks for the memories.

12 yards off record is 192

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭cosatron

I seen someplace that qb rating this season and playoffs against Randall Rollins and Gunter were 113, 133 and 112 but last year they were 87 58 and 75.

• Advertisement

cosatron wrote: »
    I seen someplace that qb rating this season and playoffs against Randall Rollins and Gunter were 113, 133 and 112 but last year they were 87 58 and 75.

Playing injured didn't help, but they're just still completely unacceptable numbers and I think all the off coverage had a big role to play in that (seriously, how often were their WRs open by a good 3-5 yards?), which is something a *hopefully* new offensive coordinator hsould *hopefully* be able to address. I think depending on who is available and for what price, a veteran CB would be a better option than drafting one but it does all depend how it falls... assuming, of course, Shields retires (still holding out hope against hope but I really doubt it). I do also like Hyde as a 4/5/slot as well as backup safety and an OK returner, mind... a few versatile guys in the squad like that can be key, I think.

With Clay slowing down and Peppers due to retire, in an ideal world we could match BPA with ILB & OLB in my opinion. Frackell was not impressive, he is a rookie but also an older one so we will see... I did like what I saw of Ryan and Martinez for the most part but it's a small enough sample size and we've been burned by young ILBs looking good in limited snaps before.

---

To be positive for a moment. :D

QB: Set, obviously. Plus Hundley as backup looks good, though we really should have let him go for it on the weekend, just for the experience. Was very unimpressed running it out, to be honest. It was also a cowardly way to end a playoff game regardless of the score, in my opinion.

RB: Strangely... I think we might be set. If someone we can't say no to falls to us or we can get a high upside guy late on I'd be intrigued, but I think Monty (assuming his pass blocking improves) and Lacy (on a cheap, prove it deal) could make a good combo, and both can catch passes out of the backfield. Assuming we can get him back, Michael gives burst as the third guy as well which could lead to a good committee backfield, especially with Rip being a bull (felt bad for him on Sunday, I really like his skillset and violent running).

WR: A young guy who can stretch the field in a year or two might be good to get, but Jordy/Adams were looking excellent again in the second half of the season, while Cobb also seems back to speed. Geronimo Allison emerging also is a big boon, and of course Monty can slip in there if needed.

TE: Cook has a bad knack of some drops, but otherwise has been a revelation. He turns 30 in April, but could be Rogers go to guy for a good 3-4 years and gave us something we've been sorely missing since Finley. I really like Rogers as an overall pro to have in the team, by no means a #1 and only an OK #2 so we could possibly go for a more explosive younger player if one is available, but I'm fine with him as the backup to be honest.

OL: Lang's injury could be a big impact on this, but as is I love our starting 5, and Tretter/Spriggs/yes even Barclay as a #4 OT offer decent backup options. Who knows if Tretter/Barclay will be back, if not we need depth and if Lang's injury is very bad OL becomes a bit more of a priority. But we've done a good job drafting midround guys and building them up over time (our entire line and depth, sans Bulaga, is just that) so I'm calmly confident here.

Basically, possibly no major needs but if the right TE, WR or RB is there we should consider it, and likely a mid/late round pick or two on the line. Compared to 3 months ago, it makes it a hell of a lot easier for us to improve the defense than it looked then.

Playing injured didn't help, but they're just still completely unacceptable numbers and I think all the off coverage had a big role to play in that (seriously, how often were their WRs open by a good 3-5 yards?), which is something a *hopefully* new offensive coordinator hsould *hopefully* be able to address. I think depending on who is available and for what price, a veteran CB would be a better option than drafting one but it does all depend how it falls... assuming, of course, Shields retires (still holding out hope against hope but I really doubt it). I do also like Hyde as a 4/5/slot as well as backup safety and an OK returner, mind... a few versatile guys in the squad like that can be key, I think.

With Clay slowing down and Peppers due to retire, in an ideal world we could match BPA with ILB & OLB in my opinion. Frackell was not impressive, he is a rookie but also an older one so we will see... I did like what I saw of Ryan and Martinez for the most part but it's a small enough sample size and we've been burned by young ILBs looking good in limited snaps before.

---

To be positive for a moment. :D

QB: Set, obviously. Plus Hundley as backup looks good, though we really should have let him go for it on the weekend, just for the experience. Was very unimpressed running it out, to be honest. It was also a cowardly way to end a playoff game regardless of the score, in my opinion.

RB: Strangely... I think we might be set. If someone we can't say no to falls to us or we can get a high upside guy late on I'd be intrigued, but I think Monty (assuming his pass blocking improves) and Lacy (on a cheap, prove it deal) could make a good combo, and both can catch passes out of the backfield. Assuming we can get him back, Michael gives burst as the third guy as well which could lead to a good committee backfield, especially with Rip being a bull (felt bad for him on Sunday, I really like his skillset and violent running).

WR: A young guy who can stretch the field in a year or two might be good to get, but Jordy/Adams were looking excellent again in the second half of the season, while Cobb also seems back to speed. Geronimo Allison emerging also is a big boon, and of course Monty can slip in there if needed.

TE: Cook has a bad knack of some drops, but otherwise has been a revelation. He turns 30 in April, but could be Rogers go to guy for a good 3-4 years and gave us something we've been sorely missing since Finley. I really like Rogers as an overall pro to have in the team, by no means a #1 and only an OK #2 so we could possibly go for a more explosive younger player if one is available, but I'm fine with him as the backup to be honest.

OL: Lang's injury could be a big impact on this, but as is I love our starting 5, and Tretter/Spriggs/yes even Barclay as a #4 OT offer decent backup options. Who knows if Tretter/Barclay will be back, if not we need depth and if Lang's injury is very bad OL becomes a bit more of a priority. But we've done a good job drafting midround guys and building them up over time (our entire line and depth, sans Bulaga, is just that) so I'm calmly confident here.

Basically, possibly no major needs but if the right TE, WR or RB is there we should consider it, and likely a mid/late round pick or two on the line. Compared to 3 months ago, it makes it a hell of a lot easier for us to improve the defense than it looked then.
    An ILB with a high motor and sideline to sideline speed would be nice that can cover the god damn middle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Offense-wise, things are pretty set imo. I reckon next year will be an RBBC with Lacy and Montgomery, although if Lacy still can't control his weight, I'm not sure if he'll have much of a future in Green Bay.

Defensive backfield is the problem-child of this team. Say what you want about the players individually, but the organisation has been atrocious the past few years. Capers has to go imo.

LB is also an issue with Peppers getting even older and Clay Matthews just not being the player he was earlier in his career.

Offense-wise, things are pretty set imo. I reckon next year will be an RBBC with Lacy and Montgomery, although if Lacy still can't control his weight, I'm not sure if he'll have much of a future in Green Bay.

Defensive backfield is the problem-child of this team. Say what you want about the players individually, but the organisation has been atrocious the past few years. Capers has to go imo.

LB is also an issue with Peppers getting even older and Clay Matthews just not being the player he was earlier in his career.

he a unrestricted free agent id say this year

• Advertisement

In fairness to Lacy, he was looking very good pre injury this year - was on pace for 1,150 yards on 5.1 per carry against Detroit, Jacksonville, the Giants, Minnesota and Dallas - all of whom were at worst middle of the road, and at best the #1 run defenses in the league. But with his injury and weight history I think we have to look to get him back on a low cost, 1-2 year deal. I also reckon we can, don't see the market being too hot for him to be honest, but if he has one or two 1,200 yard season with us he'll be in line for a very nice contract here or elsewhere at 27/28 years of age... if he does poorly, he could easily be out of the league altogether. There's really not much more motivation a player can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I was actually shocked to see that the Packers were top 6 for number of sacks. If Nick Perry isn't resigned then I think they're in deep trouble. Peppers can't keep going too much longer and Matthews wasn't that good this year. It worries me to think of how many yards teams could throw against the secondary if they didn't have any pass rush. Not that I think they should go all in on defence (again) in the draft, but a corner, inside linebacker and a pass rusher would be what I would look for. I think the d-line is solid, mike daniels continues to play well and I thought Kenny Clark made a good start and he's only 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,373 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

How about Green Bay address the fact that Aaron Rodgers has to get rid of the ball a lot quicker. It'll work fine to do what he does in the regular season against average D's but not against teams who can rush the passer.

I said before the games last weekend that Rodgers had to get rid of the ball a lot quicker to have a chance. The Falcons aren't the greatest D on the planet by any stretch but they have guys who when they get through are very fast at getting to the QB. Rodgers was never going to be able to run away from them all game and it cost Green Bay big.

Yes your D was not good against the Falcons but they spent a lot of time on the field due to the ineptitude of the offense. At the end of the day you only put 21 points on the board.

eagle eye wrote: »
    How about Green Bay address the fact that Aaron Rodgers has to get rid of the ball a lot quicker. It'll work fine to do what he does in the regular season against average D's but not against teams who can rush the passer.

I said before the games last weekend that Rodgers had to get rid of the ball a lot quicker to have a chance. The Falcons aren't the greatest D on the planet by any stretch but they have guys who when they get through are very fast at getting to the QB. Rodgers was never going to be able to run away from them all game and it cost Green Bay big.

Yes your D was not good against the Falcons but they spent a lot of time on the field due to the ineptitude of the offense. At the end of the day you only put 21 points on the board.
    Seemed to work fine against the Giants and Cowboys, the #2 and #5 scoring defenses in the league that we averaged 36 points against. And if not for a Ripkowski fumble and Mason Crosby botched FG (can't hate him for it after his heroics the week before, mind) we'd have had 10 points on the board early in the second quarter. Are we blaming Rodgers for that as well that the five dropped passes in the game that kept killing momentum?

The line is set up for mobility and to extend the play and does a great job of it, and nobody manipulates the pocket as well as Rodgers, which is why he played on a level rarely even seen before in the second half of the season to drag GB to where they got while extending plays regularly (many of which were against top defenses). Trying to claim Rodgers is part of the problem for Green Bay is simply just incorrect. There's a reason Rodgers-led offenses score more on average than nearly any QB's offenses in playoff history.

Our defense wasn't just "not good" on Sunday by the way, it was on pace to be historically bad in a number of different areas until the Falcons took the foot off with a quarter of the game left.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,373 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Seemed to work fine against the Giants and Cowboys, the #2 and #5 scoring defenses in the league that we averaged 36 points against. And if not for a Ripkowski fumble and Mason Crosby botched FG (can't hate him for it after his heroics the week before, mind) we'd have had 10 points on the board early in the second quarter. Are we blaming Rodgers for that as well that the five dropped passes in the game that kept killing momentum?

The line is set up for mobility and to extend the play and does a great job of it, and nobody manipulates the pocket as well as Rodgers, which is why he played on a level rarely even seen before in the second half of the season to drag GB to where they got while extending plays regularly (many of which were against top defenses). Trying to claim Rodgers is part of the problem for Green Bay is simply just incorrect. There's a reason Rodgers-led offenses score more on average than nearly any QB's offenses in playoff history.

Our defense wasn't just "not good" on Sunday by the way, it was on pace to be historically bad in a number of different areas until the Falcons took the foot off with a quarter of the game left.
    Look, I've always said that I love watching Aaron Rodgers play and I've even said that if he gets another two Superbowls he will retire as the GOAT. The problem is that he might never win another Superbowl because you just won't get away with trying to extend the play against teams who have speed when they get through the line. Aaron was hurried a lot against the Falcons, he took some hard hits too, he was only sacked twice in the game but I'm pretty sure he came off that field pretty well beaten up.
    I realise you have problems in other areas but what I'm talking about here is a very serious problem too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

As I saw it the Falcons played their best and the Packers played their worst

= only one winner. Falcons caught some great balls got away with fumbles,converted,imsmc, three huge third downs in the early few possessions which kept the drive alive,and as a result their momentum with scores.They cut through the cheese with minimum effort in big chunks of yardage.

By contrast Packers missed a field goal, fumbled on the 10 yard,dropped passes and did not convert vital third downs,which heaped the load onto their defense.

In my opinion, as often happens the Packers SB was vs the Cowboys, they peaked there and just could not rise the tempo and performance against a very good Falcons team who wanted it more.

The fact that it was the last game in the Georgia Dome was a factor,no way did the Falcons want to bow out on a loss,you could see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I agree with your post Brendan, apart from the last line. I don't think any team could be more motivated than playing for a Super Bowl place.

Look, I've always said that I love watching Aaron Rodgers play and I've even said that if he gets another two Superbowls he will retire as the GOAT. The problem is that he might never win another Superbowl because you just won't get away with trying to extend the play against teams who have speed when they get through the line. Aaron was hurried a lot against the Falcons, he took some hard hits too, he was only sacked twice in the game but I'm pretty sure he came off that field pretty well beaten up.
    I realise you have problems in other areas but what I'm talking about here is a very serious problem too.
    Gas thing is you're a Pats fan saying that, and I'm a Packers fan saying I'd have Brady as the GOAT (though Rodgers as the highest peak). :D

I really don't see Rodgers as being the problem for much of any our playoff losses, though. His issue on Sunday was that his throws were a little off (not bad, just not the laser like precision he and Brady tend to get - not sure if it was flu related or what but happened both with and without pressure), but he regularly plays well against teams with good speed and penetration, and if I recall is listed as the best ever QB against the blitz on a number of metrics. While it is a concern re injuries especially as he gets older, Rodgers doesn't only get away with extending the play in the playoffs, he thrives off of it. It really is not a problem for the team, and is actually one of the biggest reasons for our offensive success, both against good defenses and bad.

As long as Rodgers has Dom Capers in charge of what happens on the other side of the ball, he won't be winning any Superbowls. I am convinced with a competent defense, Rodgers would likely be sitting on 2 if not 3 rings by now but that's a whole different matter. Everything else is a moot point. He could have Marshall Faulk in the backfield, Randy Moss and Jerry Rice at WR and Gonzalez or Gronk at TE on top of an all-pro line across the board, and we would still be in jeopardy of losing nearly every game at several points in the fourth quarter. Granted that's a bit hyperbolic, but not as much as it might sound - he Capers came into the season as the second least deserving coach to be in his job in the entire league behind only Jeff Fisher. With how bad the Jags season went, it's probably fair to say Bradley overtook him... but both Bradley and Fisher got sacked before the year was out. We put up 30 points on 8 occasions this season and either lost or only won by a single score on over half of those (5). People talk about how bad the likes of 49ers, Browns, Saints and Chargers defenses were -and they were- but something that went overlook is that our defense had a worse scoring percentage than all of them bar NO, with the fourth highest yards per attempt and 5th or 6th highers in passer rating against (despite playing plenty of mediocre QBs - Bradford x2, Barkley x2, Bortles, Osweiler, Eli who had a poor season, and Wentz). The guy is just unacceptably awful, and I'm at the point I'd overhaul the entire coaching staff top to bottom if that's what it took to see the back of him - there is absolutely no overcoming the negative impact he has on the team.

Anyway, went off on another Capers rant. :p

One thing offensively that I think was a big issue this postseason though was not running the ball nearly enough. If you take away the last two drives against the Giants in the wildcard I think we ran the ball something like 3 times in that first half, 7 against Dallas (2-3 of which were smashing home goal line type spots) and just 3 against Atlanta. I was saying all week we needed to establish the run early and try to take some sting out of the Falcons that way, but no efforts were made towards it. It also makes us incredibly one dimensional and makes life a hell of a lot easier for those on the other side of the ball.

D9Male wrote: »
    I agree with your post Brendan, apart from the last line. I don't think any team could be more motivated than playing for a Super Bowl place.

As loud as it would have been anyway, I think it played a role in the volume of the fans - thankfully Rodgers has the loudest voice in the league (it's mental how you could clearly hear him roaring vs Ben, a very good communicator himself, being completely inaudible in Foxborough) but the crowd still would have messed with communication a bit. When I flicked on gamepass on the computer, I quickly jumped to another tab because I was looking something up and had to flick back thinking it had kicked off and one team was pre-snap. Turns out it was still just on the pregame interviews, etc. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

As loud as it would have been anyway, I think it played a role in the volume of the fans - thankfully Rodgers has the loudest voice in the league (it's mental how you could clearly hear him roaring vs Ben, a very good communicator himself, being completely inaudible in Foxborough) but the crowd still would have messed with communication a bit. When I flicked on gamepass on the computer, I quickly jumped to another tab because I was looking something up and had to flick back thinking it had kicked off and one team was pre-snap. Turns out it was still just on the pregame interviews, etc. :o

I was not thinking so much sound as motivation.

Last game in the GD, extra incentive not to leave on a loss.

Also I'm not saying that the packers were not motivated I'm just suggesting that they just could not 'get up on the horse ' again after the Dallas game.

You could see it in their faces- after the first quarter they were running on empty.

Anyway, what's done is done but just hope that they shunt Capers out.

Couldn't stand another season watching an impotent defense, with a few exceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Yes, he does hold on to the ball but some of his best plays are when he holds on to the ball and let's things develop. I'd rather he got the ball out quickly to open receivers and let them make plays but they're rarely open straight away. I reckon the defence is a much bigger concern than Rodgers holding on to the ball a bit longer. It worked against the Giants and Cowboys after all. It was just one game too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Tom Clements is gone, Time for Bennett to step up. The colts have asked for permission to interview wolf for the GM job. Who would ye like to come in as DC if capers was to go. ?

limerickfc wrote: »
    Tom Clements is gone, Time for Bennett to step up. The colts have asked for permission to interview wolf for the GM job. Who would ye like to come in as DC if capers was to go. ?

Anyone bar the Ryan brothers

NFL.com is reporting Capers will be back. Well, I did say it. That's no Superbowl next year either, then. If it means the new GM (if there is one) has to fire McCarthy, then goodbye Mike. But as of right now, if true, we might as well look towards 2018.

So whats the qb class of 2018 like?? cos we just ****ed Aaron Rodgers if thats true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Patww79 wrote: »
    A fairly balanced view that I'd pretty much agree with. I wouldn't be in the 'have to keep him' or 'have to sack him' camps, but now that he's staying then TT has to do his bit.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/dougherty/2017/01/26/dougherty-get-rid-capers-not-so-fast/97088550/

To be fair how can capers be kept when we've the second worst defence in the league.
    Who's actually worst?

So it looks pretty set in stone now... despite having the 2nd worst defensive scoring drive percentage, the 7th worst points-per-drive defensively, the 4th most yards per play allowed, the third worst yards per pass attempt allowed, the third worst first downs allowed percentage, the fourth worst in points per play, and a defensive display that would have broken various records for awfulness (to add to the defensive playoff records already set under him for awfulness) if not for the Falcons deciding to stop trying (while still scoring and runnign the clock with ease), notching up his 5th and 6th of our 9 worst defensive playoff displays in the team's nearly 100 year history... Dom Capers gets to keep his job, solely because of the continued otherworldly play from a QB that he has nothing to do with, whose career he will continue to hold back.

It's nothing short of a disgrace that if we had just about any other player in the entire league under center, Capers would have been out of a job years ago.

• Advertisement

So it looks pretty set in stone now... despite having the 2nd worst defensive scoring drive percentage, the 7th worst points-per-drive defensively, the 4th most yards per play allowed, the third worst yards per pass attempt allowed, the third worst first downs allowed percentage, the fourth worst in points per play, and a defensive display that would have broken various records for awfulness (to add to the defensive playoff records already set under him for awfulness) if not for the Falcons deciding to stop trying (while still scoring and runnign the clock with ease), notching up his 5th and 6th of our 9 worst defensive playoff displays in the team's nearly 100 year history... Dom Capers gets to keep his job, solely because of the continued otherworldly play from a QB that he has nothing to do with, whose career he will continue to hold back.

It's nothing short of a disgrace that if we had just about any other player in the entire league under center, Capers would have been out of a job years ago.
    You have to wonder what the f**k Thompson, Murphy and McCarthy are looking at.

Advertisement