Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,467 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Patww79 wrote: »
    Yeah there's no need to rush Rodgers back into this tripe.

Absolutely, sack that tool Capers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

If nothing else, between Williams, Jones, Rip for short carries and Monty for something different I'm liking our RB/FB group for next year!

If we beat Cleveland next week and if Rogers comes back after that, we're still alive.

Sounds like sloppiness, poor drilling and indiscipline alright.......

• Advertisement

I'd be interested in getting the young players blooded in the postseason, though like last year there's the huge benefit of a full choice of replacements at defensive coordinator (or possibly head coach the way this season has been) if we miss out.

We've got some weak spots, but there's a lot of young talent on the defense in Clark, Lowry (said a few weeks back I like the guy!) Martinez, Jones, Dix, King and Ryan for a start - that's on top of the likes Brooks, Matthews, Neil, Burnett and Perry.

This season I reckon our defenses biggest weakness has been the offenses inability to get off the field leaving them gassed, but from all the prior years it's still clear we need a change of direction from Capers and unless Rodgers gets injured against it's extremely unlikely we'll miss the playoffs any time soon, so best to strike now.

• Advertisement

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Most of those are just middling average to poor starters. Some are ok as you have to have some with the cap, but that many on one defense is never going to work.

Middling average to poor in green bay, till they leave and turn into monsters....but hey that can't be down to Dom capers at all.

Not not just Casey Hayward who is 3rd in the league for interceptions, also Micah Hyde who only looked average for us and only got starts through injuries and is now second in the league in interceptions. Charles Woodson, a guy Capers got the most of in his prime given he was one of the very greatest DBs to ever play the game, looked completely done when we got rid of him only to have huge issues at safety... yet he was also back at a pro bowl level once he left, at safety where it was obvious we should have moved him to a season previous (arguably even as soon as the severity of Nick Collins' injury was known).

I'd like to see us add another high end pass rusher, some defensive line depth and a quality cover corner if we can find one, but outside of that this defense has talent. The thing is, Capers has for years had a great knack of making good look average. I wouldn't blink if getting rid of him meant getting rid of McCarthy either at this point, our offensive gameplanning and play-calling has been comically terrible ever since a guy who plays QB better than anyone else in the history of the game went down. And this whole ignoring FA crap needs to stop, whatever about Kaepernick if people are worried about controversy, Hoyer came available and would have been a very handy starter for the last two weeks or so, as well as until/unless Rodgers comes back... I reckon he would have jumped at the chance too (Hoyer) since it is a good setup for him to look well in and get starter/stopgap starter money next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭cosatron

it looks like King is put on IR with his shoulder. Its a pity as his the makings of a lock down corner and house is struggling with an injury aswell, this means that randall will be moved out to the perimeter again which is a pity as his play has improved since he moved to the slot. One player that has really come on, is Spriggs at right tackle. I like the way his handling himself and the run of games has helped him and oline immensely. If we beat Cleveland and Rodgers comes back, it will be some final 3 games. One good thing about being a packer fan is that its exciting and there are plenty of ups and downs.

We are currently being outclassed by the Cleveland Browns...

the 0 win browns

good thing people didnt want to get kap, hundley is working out well as seen

• Advertisement

I'm pretty dead set on McCarthy being a bit of a con artist at this point.

Billy86 wrote: »

this. farve then rodgers, hard not to look good.

Billy86 wrote: »

Think that's harsh...but definitely limited and conservative. One could argue that he has overseen the development of Rodgers into a GOAT and kept the Packers in the top tier of the NFL, it's hardly been a disaster. On the other hand, maybe his innate conservatism has stopped a golden generation of players achieving more.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,467 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Hello sailor, must say this The Pack give value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Clutch there from the Pack.

Time for A-A-Ron.

As a long time admirer of Billy's fanaticism and stats, I'm gonna have to ask him...2 consecutive OT wins, ever done before?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭cosatron

its a rollercoaster ride supporting this lot. I thought we were gone when hundley fell short and the 10 second run off but to see Rodgers talking to him and telling him what to do was class. the king of the north returns next week so buckle up its going to be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Blut2

The pessimistic in me thinks the season is probably done either way, is it really worth rushing Rodgers back and risking further injury to him? Guess we'll see how the CT scan goes this week.

Advertisement