Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

humane rat/mouse trap in dublin city

Options
  • 05-08-2011 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

I wanna catch it but not kill it,anyone know where i can buy one tried pound shop/diy no joy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 janerrs

Hi there.
    I just saw your post there. Was actually coming on boards.ie to post a help thread. We are an Irish tv company and making a programme about pest control in Ireland. We are desperately looking for people who have a rat/cockroaches/bedbugs etc in their house that we could follow the adventure and extermination. Do you still have the rat? Ideally we are looking for people who own the house we are filming in as sometimes landlords mightn't want to give us filming access. Thanks !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

I know there is a little cage you can get that you put bait inside and the rat/mouse walks into it and eats the bait. This releases the door spring which closes and traps them inside. The ones I have seen are usually made of mesh so you can see inside. It's a steel cage the size of a shoe box and there is a handle on the top that you can use to lift up.

Usually they are then drowned in a barrel of water.

You need to exercise extreme care handling this as it can be very dangerous.

Not so much from the rat/mouse escaping but getting a bite.

Where you get these, I am not sure. I have seen two. One homemade and the other looks more commercial. Same principle. Try Lenehans of Capel Street

Best of luck with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

My brother searched the city for one of these years ago and found one in a pet shop on Capel Street.

Anyway, he captured the little beast, brought it to a local park for the ceremonial releasing whereupon a bird swooped down and grabbed it.

Final Destination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

ronano wrote: »
    I wanna catch it but not kill it,anyone know where i can buy one tried pound shop/diy no joy

B & Q sell them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jbobrien4

It was a mouse one (the rat ones are larger) and cost about 10 Euro for it. It's a small bent plastic tube approx. 8 inches x 2 inches that uses their weight to close the entrance after they go to the far end for peanut butter.

Happy Hunting and thanks for having a heart.

J.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

You should get one in B&Q or Woodies, however non lethal mousetraps are not difficult to make yourself OP ;)

Advertisement