Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voucher Use Being Postponed Past Expiry date

• 05-08-2011 9:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭

Bought a Flightwise, flying lesson, voucher through Citydeal (Groupon). After a couple of cancellations (due to overbooking and unsuitable weather) I'm now told that I will likely have to wait until after the expiry date (tomorrow) to book an new appointment as the person responsible for taking bookings is away.

Should I be at all concerned by this, as all I have is the company's word that vouchers will be honoured beyond the expiry date?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,278 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Send them an email asking them to confirm they'll honor what they said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Get the confirmation in writing. Then you should be OK

In my experience, I've found that a fair few companies are happy to extend Groupon vouchers past their expiry date. But always check first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Sent them an email but there is a thread on boards that indicates they're not speedy repliers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭pc11

I have a voucher too and I've been trying to make a booking since July 5th. Emails are never answered and phone calls are answered by a temp who tells me someone will call back in 24 hours but no-one ever has.

Now their Facebook page has something about the office being closed. I am deeply suspicious and very concerned.

Has anyone had any success ever in booking and taking a lesson?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Yes. I have used flightwise and never had issues. Wouldn't be worried at all. Brian is a sound guy whos gone out of his way to help me a good few times. Think they just underestimated the popularity of the deal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement