Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Jewellery and Insurance Company now is offering Vouchers!

Options
  • 05-08-2011 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello all,
    I need some advice, about 3 months ago my home was broken into and a large number of items were stolen from our home. Some things were extremely semimetal to me like a watch my grandfather gave to me and my wife had some things that her mother gave to her. They were valuable but we never really looked at them that way.
    We had a loss Adjuster visit our home (seemed to be really on our side) he told us to complete a list of items that were stolen from our home which we did. It took him 6 weeks to reply to us and then he offered vouchers!! My wife and I have tried to negotiate this with him however he won’t budge. He told us that this has been tried and tested within the courts and we have no alternative. Is this true?
    Is there anything we can do?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Kill him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

rob his house, see how he feels...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Not sure if it's the right place, but you may get better advice posting in the Consumer Issues section.

Just noticed there's a forum that covers insurance as well.

Banking & Insurance & Pensions

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Ned, question everything. His job is to give you as little as possible.

Check out the links Drav so kindly provided.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement