Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CRC Delivery times getting worse

• 05-08-2011 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

I'm a regular customer of CRC and placed an order with them last weekend. Had to follow up today as I've yet to receive it (normally receive them in a day or two). Turns out they are using Royal Mail for certain deliveries and this means that package goes from CRC across to Coventry and then back across to me in Dublin. Guy in customer service said it could take up to 15 working days for me to get my stuff.

I have to say this is sh1t customer service and I doubt I'll buy from them again now.

Anyone else experience this lately??:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 szczena

21 days waiting for BB...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,457 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

actually my last 2 orders arrived within a couple of days of ordering

before that for about 6 months it was around 7-10 days

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Ah_go_on

Me too, recently bought tyres and a couple of jerseys and they arrived in two days. The guy in CRC was saying they now send smaller packages by Royal mail rather than courier for the bigger boxes which usually arrive quite quickly. I'm p1ssed off because this is not stated when ordering.

Lesson is: Bulkier stuff will arrive swiftly, smaller stuff won't.:mad::mad::mad:

If only Cyclesuperstore.ie had the same range of products...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,656 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You're obviously not on their "Valued Customer" List

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Just order a new tyre everytime you want something. They always send tyres by courier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Unless there's a big price difference I've stopped bothering with CRC and get most bits from Wiggle instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

brayblue24 wrote: »
    Unless there's a big price difference I've stopped bothering with CRC and get most bits from Wiggle instead
    Waiting 30+ days to receive an order from wiggle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I hear LBS usually let you take the item on the same day!! Have you guys tried using it?

You pay your money, you take your choice. If you need something by a certain date, then pay the extra in the LBS, if it is just something you need whenever then pocket the savings from the web but accept that it 'may' get held up in postage.

But dont whine about it!!!!

You're missing the point Leroy, if CRC had stated those lead times I wouldn't have ordered from them. I'm also a firm believer in buying from a LBS and have done so a lot (over €5k the past year) however I can't justify paying double the price for certain items and therefore choose to buy online for such instances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

Last week, got stuff within 2 days. This week I placed an order on Monday and it still hasn't arrived. They are hit and miss at times. Wiggle has never been late with orders, but sometimes not as cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

OK, so I was being a bit OTT (it is a web forum after all:D) but my view is that if I need something (or would like it quickly) then I accept that I have to pay the extra cost of the LBS.

I agree that CRC appear not to be living up to their own rules (although I bet that if you look at the small print it probably have something about guide times etc), but then that is the risk you take. These are big companies, with many international customers so unfortunately you're probably not that big a deal to them.

This is an area that the LBS should have a major advantage (although some of them that I dealt with seemed to think they didn't have to bother either).

I'm just saying, you need to weigh up the price of convenience against the cost of the web. You take the cheaper price of the web knowing that there is always a change that delays may happen.

I will say, that anythime I have dealt with PBK or Wiggle I have found them to be fine. I have not dealt much with CRC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Just order a new tyre everytime you want something. They always send tyres by courier.

That's not true. I ordered tyres in June and they came with the postman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ravendude

I've noticed a marked improvement in the last few weeks over several orders.
    1 to 2 days for all of them.
    In fairness they seem to be getting their act together recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

While I don't think they can be blamed for the delivery time, it is down to Royal Mail / An Post at the end of the day, they should have a notice up warning it has changed. If I'd known the times were jumping up so much, I'd have opted to pay the extra for the 24 hour shipping.

wiggle and probikeit, i dont think ive ever had an order delivered in less than 7 days

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Rokta

I would suggest if you need it quick, pay the 5 Euro extra. Ordered on Saturday, shipped on Monday and got it on Tuesday.

Rokta wrote: »
    I would suggest if you need it quick, pay the 5 Euro extra. Ordered on Saturday, shipped on Monday and got it on Tuesday.

nah, if i need it that quick i'll get it from the bike shop once you pay extra for shipping the prices (generally) arent that different - for my LBS anyway unfortunatly its a 90 min round trip

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Rokta

nah, if i need it that quick i'll get it from the bike shop once you pay extra for shipping the prices (generally) arent that different - for my LBS anyway unfortunatly its a 90 min round trip

OK, got to agree with you up to a certain point, I usually order stuff that I can't get at my LBS or if the price is way cheaper online and I do not need any service or advice with it.

Stuff arrived today, a little over a week for delivery. Not too bad in fairness:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

Beasty wrote: »
    You're obviously not on their "Valued Customer" List

I've had a trademark change of heart regarding CRC. I've obviously been removed from their 'valued customer list' - I placed an order early last week (and made a point of picking only items that were in stock), and still no dispatch email. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Ordered clothing and a helmet from CRC on Wednesday at 12pm. I got delivery today to North Tipperary. I am happy with that service.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Rokta wrote: »

I done the same this week, no sign of it being shipped yet though and i need this stuff in a rush, did you get a "shipped" e-mail on the Monday?

As a matter of interest, if you paid for the 24hour delivery and it does not arrive within the specified time can you get a refund on the cost of delivery? Has anyone ever tried, I'm a little hacked off that the goods I ordered after the 24 hour delivery and did not pay courier service on arrived before the ones that I paid courier fees on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I ordered my new bottom bracket on Saturday morning and it just arrived 10 mins ago. I added a few extras onto my order (as you do) and I think this made a bigger box that had to be courier delivered instead of a smaller box sent by An Post. Either way, I'm happy enough with their service

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'm in need of a floor pump but don't have the time to get to anywhere local so ordering online is best for me. Wheelworx wanted to charge me 8.50 to deliver :eek:

The same pump on CRC was a couple of euro cheaper with free delivery. It was dispatched first thing this morning and If I get it this week I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭patrick151

Ordered(in stock) tyres last sunday, still no sign of them...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

I ordered a wetsuit on the 7th and it arrived today.
    While it's not fast I wouldn't say its terrible either, esp. as its free delivery.
    Wiggle are about this slow too in my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Put in a delivery on the 11th and it came today with GLS.

Not too bad considering the weekend and what not.

CRC just mailed me to aploogise for the delay after I paid for the 24hour service. They refunded me the cost of the courier and tell me it is on its way now. While glad I got the money back etc the stuff I ordered is not much good to me as I will be leaving the country most likely before it arrives :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭thehangtenguy

In general, i can't fault CRC, order my more expensive purchases off them, pay for the 24 hour deliver and have never been let down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

As above, order a tyre, they have to go courier so you get your stuff in 2-3 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

First time I've used them in a while but I placed order on Thu evening 18/08/2011, dispatched Fri 19/08/2011, and it was here Mon morning 22/08/2011 using standard delivery. In contrast anything I've ordered from Wiggle recently has taken a week.

lpb

• Registered Users Posts: 12 stephendoyle

I've ordered a few things recently. Standard delivery is taking about 4-5 working days and courier delivery for bulkier items is always within 24 hours of getting the "dispatched" email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

We ordered a little bike for our girl yesterday just after 2pm, received the dispatch email this morning at 7:30 and a couple of hours later the courier rang to say he was here, the bike is now at home. That's pretty good service using the free standard delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

Ordered a pair of these overshoes last Sunday

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=26695

They were shipped last Monday but haven't arrived yet....which left me with soaking wet feet today after the Swords sportive. :mad:

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I ordered tubes at 2.00pm last Monday.
    They arrived at 10.00am on Tuesday.
    20 hours, I thought, that was alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭Kebel

I use them regularly, once the stuff is in stock, 2-3 days max :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭ccull123

OMG!! Seriously guys/girls if your looking to purchase goods over the Internet I can only advise you to stay well clear based on my own experience. I was told initially that my order should take approx 4 days and now I am being told to wait 15(working) days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

ccull123 wrote: »
    OMG!! Seriously guys/girls if your looking to purchase goods over the Internet I can only advise you to stay well clear based on my own experience. I was told initially that my order should take approx 4 days and now I am being told to wait 15(working) days.

Eh, the internet generally or CRC:D? I ordered a pair of the same Endura overshoes and other bits and bobs - had enough of daily soakings on my commute. Ordered lunch time one day, arrived lunch time the next - mind you I paid the €5 express delivery. No complaints though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

My last order was a couple of tyres, tubes and one or two other bits and bobs.

Ordered Last Wednesday(21st) delivered before lunch last Thursday(22nd)!

And I've got stuff off them a good few times now and have had no complaints regarding delivery times.

Suppose depends on the delivery method.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭C3PO

Apart from the famous "Credit Card" issue I've never had a problem with CRC! I would always allow 4-5 days delivery time and they've always been inside that for at least 20 orders!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Clearly CRC are doing something right, 2010's pre-tax profits are £13M, up from £8M in 2009

Though next year's accounts will be more telling, what with the effect of the Boards.ie boycott kicking in :P

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/chain-reaction-cycles-makes-pound-13m-pre-tax-profit/011919

Advertisement