Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teso van

• 05-08-2011 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi

I am using tesco to deliver my shopping for the first time today and I just noticed my order said it will be delivered without bags!!!

It wont let me buy bags to put my shopping in. So does anybody know how they do actually give u ur food. This may be a silly question but i am hungover and sick. :( :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Drink less.

I imagine they deliver it in trays. and you transfer the contents onto your kitchen table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

in a green basket kinda tray......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

It arrives in carrier crates

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭mrsmiawallace6

hmm crap, i presume u have to give the crate back, i live on the top floor of a apt block and no lift.

i hope he does not mind waiting for me to bring the stuff up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Wrap a bandage around your knee, and ask him to bring it up for you. Sympathy might work. If you can get your hands on a crutch, even better.

• Advertisement

tats an option could also try batting my eye lashes lol, now i just have to clean the apt so he does not call Kim and Aggy on me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If I were to pass a judgement on your lifestyle based on the three posts in the thread it would not be a good one! :p

rofl laughing lol ye i guess, i am hungover and my apt needs to be cleaned by men in hazmat suits lol. I am such a classy bird lol.

i swear this is not the norm :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

I'm surprised that the ever get to deliver anything because every time I pass Advance the Tesco van is outside it or up on a ramp inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

anytime I've done it, the delivery guy carried the crate into the kitchen and I took out the stuff there and put it away. And if there's anything you're not happy with, such as bruised fruit etc, he'll take it away with no quibble and you get a refund. overall not a bad service especially if you're short on time and dont mind paying the delivery charge.

in fact I'm tempted to order a big delivery of groceries and reject half of it some time, just to get the b**tards back for all the times they've made my life a misery whenever i've had to do an exchange or refund at the customer service counter in any of their shops!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Wrap a bandage around your knee, and ask him to bring it up for you. Sympathy might work. If you can get your hands on a crutch, even better.

The drivers are very helpful. When I broke my ankle and was in a wheelchair they brought the crates into the kitchen and emptied the crates for me.

hmm it looks like i am cleaning my kitchen so lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Kxiii wrote: »
    I'm surprised that the ever get to deliver anything because every time I pass Advance the Tesco van is outside it or up on a ramp inside.

The Ford Transits are the biggest heap of ****e ever. They struggle to carry the box on the back never mind anything in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I'd say my old micra had more power than those vans.

Dont worry about the house the lads are used to it.

In my house they just leave each tray on the table in the kitchen and I empty it, 3 second job.

Usually there's a deranged 10 month old crawling under their feet, the guys don't mind.

Home shopping is the only way to eat when you have a new baby.

at least i am not the only one who lives in a not so perfect place lol

i clean when i know people are coming but most of the time it gets done when i am tripping on stuff. thank god i live on my own lol, a housemate may have all ready murdered me by now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

hmm crap, i presume u have to give the crate back, i live on the top floor of a apt block and no lift.

i hope he does not mind waiting for me to bring the stuff up

With the state of your place why would you want more stuff clogging it up:p

Throw a rope down to him from the top window and pull it up, or throw it in the corner and let the neighbours bring it up the lazy feckers;).

Advertisement