Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unhelpfull moving of threads

Options
  • 05-08-2011 11:04am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭

A few days ago i statred a thread about MyMeteor in the Consumer Issues forum, then the moderator moved it to the Mobiles & PDAs forum where it cleary shouldn't be. Clearly this is a consumer issue there are atleast 3 other threads about Meteor in the Consumer Issues forum. I asked why it was moved but got no answer from the moderator.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I sometimes have the impression that the moderators in Consumer Issues are a little trigger-happy in moving posts (but I'm feeling too lazy right now to go and look for examples).

In the case of your thread, however, I think it was the right call. It was a technical issue rather than a consumer issue. Should you have been seeking advice on getting out of a contract with Meteor because of the quality of the service, or getting some adjustment of your charges because of some loss of service, then I would think it a consumer issue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭sendit

I sometimes have the impression that the moderators in Consumer Issues are a little trigger-happy in moving posts (but I'm feeling too lazy right now to go and look for examples).

In the case of your thread, however, I think it was the right call. It was a technical issue rather than a consumer issue. Should you have been seeking advice on getting out of a contract with Meteor because of the quality of the service, or getting some adjustment of your charges because of some loss of service, then I would think it a consumer issue.

I think its an issue with one for there products really but i can see what your saying.

I agree that the moderators are very fast to move posts to other forums. Might be that they want to pass it on to someone ealse because they dont want to deal with it

sendit wrote: »
    ... I agree that the moderators are very fast to move posts to other forums. Might be that they want to pass it on to someone ealse because they dont want to deal with it

I don't think that's the reason, because the mods don't really have to deal with most threads -- just the ones where discussion goes off the rails, and most discussions in the Consumer Issues forum are in keeping with the charter.

I don't think that's the reason, because the mods don't really have to deal with most threads -- just the ones where discussion goes off the rails, and most discussions in the Consumer Issues forum are in keeping with the charter.

Yes but threads can go off the rails very fast in the Consumer Issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I asked why it was moved but got no answer from the moderator.

Did you ask the moderator directly, or is this what you refer to? That's not actually asking the moderator, as it's infinitely unlikely that the mod actually saw that.

Since it's now in the Mobiles & PDA forum, you would have to ask the Mobiles and PDA mods to move it elsewhere.
    I agree that the moderators are very fast to move posts to other forums.

Posts that don't belong in Consumer Issues, or that are more relevant in other forums, will be moved. The faster they get moved to an appropriate forum, the better. A lot of posts get moved out of CI because a lot of threads that shouldn't be there get started there. Banking, insurance, credit cards, buying products and services online, where to buy products/services, taxation, property, cars, mobile phone companies, college surveys. These are just a list of the threads I see moved from the first few pages of the CI forum. While some of these may be consumer type issues, they are far more relevant in the topical forum they were moved to.

Yours is one example of a thread that has no place in the CI forum to begin with. It would not be dealt with by the National Consumer Agency, it is not covered under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act, and you would go to the Small Claims Court to get a resolution. It is a technical problem with their website, which is not a consumer issue. That is why it was moved. You were told this, but once again, you refuse to accept any answer that you simply don't like.
    Might be that they want to pass it on to someone ealse because they dont want to deal with it

As Cmod for the category, I'd ask you to back that statement up with fact, or else retract it. Show actual evidence that the mods of the Consumer Issues forum don't want to deal with consumer issue, or the posters that post their issues. Your slur on the character of the Consumer Issues moderators should not be left stand. This is the 2nd time you've started a feedback thread to slate moderators with your own faulted and biased opinion.
    Yes but threads can go off the rails very fast in the Consumer Issues

Again, post examples of this, and where the mods refused to deal with it, or retract the statement.

• Advertisement

jor el wrote: »
    Did you ask the moderator directly, or is this what you refer to? That's not actually asking the moderator, as it's infinitely unlikely that the mod actually saw that.

Since it's now in the Mobiles & PDA forum, you would have to ask the Mobiles and PDA mods to move it elsewhere.

Posts that don't belong in Consumer Issues, or that are more relevant in other forums, will be moved. The faster they get moved to an appropriate forum, the better. A lot of posts get moved out of CI because a lot of threads that shouldn't be there get started there. Banking, insurance, credit cards, buying products and services online, where to buy products/services, taxation, property, cars, mobile phone companies, college surveys. These are just a list of the threads I see moved from the first few pages of the CI forum. While some of these may be consumer type issues, they are far more relevant in the topical forum they were moved to.

Yours is one example of a thread that has no place in the CI forum to begin with. It would not be dealt with by the National Consumer Agency, it is not covered under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act, and you would go to the Small Claims Court to get a resolution. It is a technical problem with their website, which is not a consumer issue. That is why it was moved. You were told this, but once again, you refuse to accept any answer that you simply don't like.

As Cmod for the category, I'd ask you to back that statement up with fact, or else retract it. Show actual evidence that the mods of the Consumer Issues forum don't want to deal with consumer issue, or the posters that post their issues. Your slur on the character of the Consumer Issues moderators should not be left stand. This is the 2nd time you've started a feedback thread to slate moderators with your own faulted and biased opinion.

Again, post examples of this, and where the mods refused to deal with it, or retract the statement.

Firsty there are plenty of threads that go off the rails mostly about Airtricity and sometimes Sky that the moderators let open so people can bash them both but once someone comes on to try and defend them the moderators then close the thread. I dont entend on looking to find theres threads and look trough page after page.

I heve reported tons of posts in on a number of different fourms but nothing has been done about them and have sent moderators PM but got no replys, by that it would seem moderators only respont to reports that they want to. As far as i was aware moderators job was to resopnd to every report and the ones the feel like responding to.

Oh retract my ststement or what? Ill get a ban boo hoo hoo how would i live then.....

It might surprise you but this isn't the Dáil and your not the Ceann Comhairle as much as you might think you are.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I heve reported tons of posts in on a number of different fourms but nothing has been done about them and have sent moderators PM but got no replys, by that it would seem moderators only respont to reports that they want to. As far as i was aware moderators job was to resopnd to every report and the ones the feel like responding to.

GAA: 6
    Kerry: 2
    Work & Jobs: 2

Nothing reported by you at all in Consumer Issues. :confused:

GAA: 6
    Kerry: 2
    Work & Jobs: 2

Nothing reported by you at all in Consumer Issues. :confused:

Never said i did did i?

Nothing was done about any of the resports from what i can see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I heve reported tons of posts in on a number of different fourms but nothing has been done about them

10. The number of posts you have reported is 10. Not tons. From the Biz category, none of your reported posts needed action. From other forums, I can see some action was taken (one of which was an on thread warning to you about trolling), when necessary, and in other cases the mods obviously felt that no action was needed.
    As far as i was aware moderators job was to resopnd to every report and the ones the feel like responding to.

No, the ones that need to be responded to, not every report. Many reports warrant no action. Some are purely because a poster thinks there might be an issue. Also, just because you don't see what was done, doesn't mean nothing was done. Often times a warning can be done by PM, so as to keep the noise in the thread down.
    It might surprise you but this isn't the Dáil and your not the Ceann Comhairle as much as you might think you are.....

:confused: I honestly don't know how you went from reported posts the Dail Eireann, but I'm done throwing food under this particular bridge. You clearly have no interest in understanding the workings of this site, or it's moderation process.

jor el wrote: »
    10. The number of posts you have reported is 10. Not tons. From the Biz category, none of your reported posts needed action. From other forums, I can see some action was taken (one of which was an on thread warning to you about trolling), when necessary, and in other cases the mods obviously felt that no action was needed.

No, the ones that need to be responded to, not every report. Many reports warrant no action. Some are purely because a poster thinks there might be an issue. Also, just because you don't see what was done, doesn't mean nothing was done. Often times a warning can be done by PM, so as to keep the noise in the thread down.

:confused: I honestly don't know how you went from reported posts the Dail Eireann, but I'm done throwing food under this particular bridge. You clearly have no interest in understanding the workings of this site, or it's moderation process.

Why no answer on threads that are left open till someone who comes to defernd them?

I referenced the Dail when you siad ''retract your ststement''

Frankly there seems to be no moderation process and most (for some reason) think there people who should be looked up to and make a huge difference in the world when if fact there losers with too much time on there hands. And now kind clock work thread closed..... goodbye losers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Again highlighting how big a loser you are and how **** this site is if they still havn't deleted my account. I planed on posting till they did it and they still haven't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

I planed on posting till they did it and they still haven't

grow a pair of balls and stop posting then.And stop wasting other peoples bandwidth with minimal,borderline issues.

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    grow a pair of balls and stop posting then.And stop wasting other peoples bandwidth with minimal,borderline issues.

I think he's looking for a permaban.

Again highlighting how big a loser you are and how **** this site is if they still havn't deleted my account. I planed on posting till they did it and they still haven't

itolduiiz128466464948593750.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 83,183 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

you know, you're the one that opted into the email notifications on your forum subscriptions?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

As you've indicated that you no longer wish to be a member of this site, and this thread is no going nowhere, I'm closing it. I'll PM a link to your help desk thread to Dav to ensure that your request is dealt with promptly and you no longer have to endure the indignity of posting here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement