Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do not buy from GorgeousCouture.com. Online dress unwearable after washing.

Options
  • 05-08-2011 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Good Morning,
    I would really appreciate it if you could help me. I purchased a dress from the above company,Gorgeous Couture.com for €120. I washed it once, according to the instructions on the garment, which clearly states it could not be drycleaned and had t be washed only.It is now unwearable as a result of these instructions. The colours ran. The dress is half white, half black and the white part is now covered in black marks.
    I contacted the company several times by email ( I have kept all these records) and had to keep emaiing before I got any response. Eventually I was advised to send the dress to them at my own expense. It took three months and daily emails to get a package back, at which point they sent me the origignal dress and said they would not replace it as it was worn!!!
    It has been extremely frustrating. Do I not have any rights to receive a replacement dress, as this one is completely unwearable? The response from the company was extremely bullying, designed to make me 'go away'.

I have all the correspondance if anyone would be interested.
    I would be very grateful if you could advise me.
    I cannot afford to buy a dress to wear just once.
    Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I would write to them once more, informing them that they have not resolved the issue to your satisfaction. Outline that you believe that you are entitled to a repair, refund or replacement. Inform them that if they do not resolve the issue within 10 working days, you will be filing a complaint with the European Small Claims Court.

Send this as a registered letter to their trading address, making sure to reference the order number and subsequent correspondance. The legal address (taken from the UK Companies House) is as follows
    GORGEOUS COUTURE LIMITED
    UNIT 3C ARROW TRADING ESTATE CORPORATION ROAD
    AUDENSHAW
    MANCHESTER
    M34 5LR
    Company No. 04950069

Their response, assuming that everything you described is correct, has been extremely shoddy.

(Procedure described here)

Advertisement